Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition

Poin Dexter

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So after quite a few nostalgia trips rising from the grumbling on the Tides of Numenera thread... Beamdog is about to re-release Torment, ala enhanced edition.

Best part: I read that if you do not like the changes, you can select options to play the original, bugs and all. Yes, you can have the original game in 4k with better controls.

Beamdog

They will get my money, and that says something, as I am a penny pinching Scotsman.

So, what do you think should go first: play through the original, or play through the enhanced, as Chris Avellone apparently had quite a hand in helping update and restore incomplete material?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have the original and I'm just going to keep playing that. Beamdog just seems like bottom feeders inserting their political ideologies in beloved classics to me. But who knows, if Avellone really was involved maybe it'll be ok.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
How many trannies did they put in it this time?

Joking aside did they fuck up this game by adding any new bullshit the original team didn't add besides Chris' stuff?

Chris's bible is completely fine and whatever he does is always canon.

Rime

<Donor>
Oh man! I cannot wait for a bunch of men are evil and transexual identity politics to shit up one of the best games ever made!

Poin Dexter

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just realized this releases right after my students come back from spring break. I guess this will wait for the summer to play.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
I have the original and I'm just going to keep playing that. Beamdog just seems like bottom feeders inserting their political ideologies in beloved classics to me. But who knows, if Avellone really was involved maybe it'll be ok.

They didn't add any SJW stuff to IWD:EE, they only things that sort of smack of SJW in their BG:EE's are that one of the new companions is a lesbian vampire and another will fuck anything that moves. Neither of which are particularly horrible in my book. They did add tons it to Siege of Dragon spear so I refunded that. It seems as long as its a Enhanced addition of a previous title then they pretty much leave their ideological shit out of the game. So Torment should be fine. The only additions that have been made aside from the UI and graphical overhaul were done by Avalone himself, so not much to worry about there.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They didn't add any SJW stuff to IWD:EE, they only things that sort of smack of SJW in their BG:EE's are that one of the new companions is a lesbian vampire and another will fuck anything that moves. Neither of which are particularly horrible in my book. They did add tons it to Siege of Dragon spear so I refunded that. It seems as long as its a Enhanced addition of a previous title then they pretty much leave their ideological shit out of the game. So Torment should be fine. The only additions that have been made aside from the UI and graphical overhaul were done by Avalone himself, so not much to worry about there.

Edit: ahh ok nm.

I played all the way through BG1:EE and BG2:EE and never noticed any extra trannies. But I used a full party of my own dudes, not any NPC party members. Guess that is why ...

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>

I had the same experience. Really enjoyed the bug fixes and UI improvements to BG, didn't use the new characters. The only problem was Siege of Dragon Spear. Holy horse-shit Batman! I gave up after a few hours. Beamdog would make hand over fist cash if they ditched their SJW writers and got some old school talent in to write new expansions for these old Infinity Engine games!