Planetside Arena - New BR, 1-29-2019

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I didn't watch the stream, just saw the trailer though... so is this actual perma-death BR or what? Because a 500 person BR sounds stupid as fuck.. but if there's respawning maybe it's not so bad? I don't see how they'd be able to keep up with 500 person matches tbh.

FortNite does 50v50 and it spirals out of control quickly. Soon as 1 team has a ~10 person advantage you basically know who wins.

But FortNite has modes where you respawn which are fun as hell. The trailer for this game listed several modes "to come". But yea.. idk.

I never played PS before either and I thought it was mostly a vehicle game, but the trailer for this shows it as a typical space FPS game, more like Halo.

Also for 500 person BR, you'd think they could do more than 2 teams at least. Fortnite's 20v20v20v20v20 is more fun than 50v50 imo.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
At launch, it includes a first-person shooter battle royale that comes in three types: solo for 100 players, teams of three for 102 players and a 250 versus 250 player mode called Massive Clash. It's all set on a huge 8k x 8k, four square kilometer map called Echoes of Amerish, which is based on Amerish, the third continent added to the world of Auraxis for PlanetSide 2.

While Arena launches as a battle royale experience, Daybreak does not intend for it to be a battle royale game. New modes like Capture the Flag, Team Deathmatch, Search and Destroy and Global Conquest will be introduced each new game season.

I have a feeling the 250 vs 250 mode is nothing more than conquest.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Striking while the iron is frigid.

You'd think that, after the great WoW-Clone Rush that functionally crashed the MMO market, that developers (especially MMO developers) would stop trying to me-too after these giant market-dominating games that are too well established to ever supplant.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

faille

Molten Core Raider
I do miss planetside. Had some really great moments in it

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Amod Amod I retarded the thread title, can we fix it to 2019

Done

195f814f23c68be1e9a920c9932cb0bf4df32960_full.jpg

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Still see no reason to do this over current PlanetSide 2 which I get on for a lil every once in a while.

Buddy and I duo back capped like 5 areas before calling it a night. Rolling back caps with medic+heavy+sundy is always a good time.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Anyone get in on this?

I didn't realize it had a Battle mode, which honestly sounds better than PS2.

Also no shotguns!