Planning a trip to the 2018 World Cup

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I'm putting together a plan to get to the 2018 World Cup in Russia. I figure I need to start figuring out the logistics now since it's such a huge event. I'm thinking about getting either an SPG Preferred card or a Marriot Rewards card and starting to rack up points to use for the trip. Both of them claim no black out dates, so would I be safe to assume I'd be able to use them to book a hotel in Moscow during the World Cup?

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
i actually root for Germany primarily in the world cups given that I have German heritage and family over there, and that they generally have a reasonable shot at advancing. of course, USA will be the #2. let's hope USA doesn't get put in the same group as Germany again.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
i actually root for Germany primarily in the world cups given that I have German heritage and family over there, and that they generally have a reasonable shot at advancing. of course, USA will be the #2. let's hope USA doesn't get put in the same group as Germany again.
I'm the same except flip USA to #1 because I'm not a traitor to greatest, freest, best, country that god has ever given man on the face of this earth.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
you get 2 spg points for every dollar spent, out of country free rooms can start at 30k points a night. Kinda sucks to spend $15k for a single free night. Btw no blackouts but they can jack the points required to book.

Pro tip, find something to complain about, a manager gave me 5000 free points when I bitched about minimal housekeeping service.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
you get 2 spg points for every dollar spent, out of country free rooms can start at 30k points a night. Kinda sucks to spend $15k for a single free night. Btw no blackouts but they can jack the points required to book.

Pro tip, find something to complain about, a manager gave me 5000 free points when I bitched about minimal housekeeping service.
yeah, i do this all the time lol.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
so i'm looking on the Marriott website and it's showing me there are courtyards available in Moscow for 10k points a night. what is the likelihood I will be able to get that rate for the tournament?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
afraid not, i dont care about soccer that much and its gonna be a shit show there on 2018 im sure.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
keg needs a translator.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
the younger ones will, they were raised with the internet. people who are 40+ not so much

you going by yourself?
hopefully not but I'm having a hard time selling my friends on it. they're all starting to settle down and the logistics of going to Russia for 2+ weeks and talking shit to pussies from France and Sweden doesn't seem to appeal to them. also none of them are really into soccer. i was talking to this kid i used to work with earlier trying to convince him as soon as I mentioned drugs and hookers he got all weird about it, so he's out. fucking accountants.