Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Just had 15 or 20 people doing my first Lugia raid... Beat it, but I used 5 gold raz and had 7 great/excellent throws, didn't catch it :(

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Did in-game tracking ever get fixed, or are third party hacks still the only way to play an active role in hunting Pokemons?

Pics unrelated.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
The game is a laggy piece of shit for me 90% of the time, and randomly the other 10% of the time, usually early in the morning, the game runs like a dream. Doesn't matter if it's LTE or Wifi so it's not an internet issue, and I'm unsure if it's just my phone being shit and old (in which case why does it run amazingly well sometimes?) or is it Niantic's servers being shitty (in which case why the fuck does it affect menu scrolling and the slideshow when trying to catch a pokemon)

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
It's network performance / connection to the server. Early in the morning there aren't a lot of people playing. You live in an extremely dense population so it's basically the Chicago fest every day.

• 1Like

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
The game is a laggy piece of shit for me 90% of the time, and randomly the other 10% of the time, usually early in the morning, the game runs like a dream. Doesn't matter if it's LTE or Wifi so it's not an internet issue, and I'm unsure if it's just my phone being shit and old (in which case why does it run amazingly well sometimes?) or is it Niantic's servers being shitty (in which case why the fuck does it affect menu scrolling and the slideshow when trying to catch a pokemon)
What phone you using?

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Maybe get a phone from this decade. Phone came out in early 2014.

I don't think you know how decades work, and the S5 exceeds the requirements for the game. The game runs fine on equivalent Iphone models. Niantic is just incompetent.

Also getting a new phone in Japan would be a monumental, expensive endeavor.

• 1Worf

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I have an S7 as well and it also runs like shit. The whole game is coded like shit and run by idiots it goes to show you how fire the pokemon franchise is to support such a garbage game.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I have an S7 as well and it also runs like shit. The whole game is coded like shit and run by idiots it goes to show you how fire the pokemon franchise is to support such a garbage game.

It actually runs really really well even on a Iphone6. 0 lag in potions, raiding, catching pokemon or world map. Niantic just doesn't know how to code for Android it seems.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Right now the game is running like a dream. It wont last long, but there's 0 lag in an actions right now. This leads me to believe it's some kind of Niantic problem rather than a lack of raw power in my phone. Maybe Lenas is right and there's just too many people playing around me.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm done because I'm getting errors on raids I've paid premium currency to join. They implemented this in a shitty way for all kinds of reasons.

Galaxy S5 here.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I'm not sure what tech level the Galaxy S5 is, but my missus had an iPhone 5SE at the game was unplayable, she's updated to a 6 or a 7 and the game runs incredibly well, gyms and raids included. We also had it running on a old gen 2 iPad that just couldn't manage to get spin pokestops, upgraded that to a new iPad 9.7 inch and it's been awesome.

I think it's a combination issue of the really old phone and the number of people in the area for you.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I understand the rant and I would be pissed too, but I can't really get behind them because my phone performs fine. Galaxy Note 5 on AT&T. Once in a while I force a restart of the app if I feel like loading is taking too long, thats it.

fris

Vyemm Raider
it may run fine for you, but it doesn't for the majority of users. their 'security' is excessive 'math' to combat the map sites. performance has steadily gone down. i'm not talking about server lag, i'm talking about app performance. running the app kills your battery in no time. many users report they can't stream music while playing due to the cpu load.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I just picked up a 98% Lugia so I'm done with Legendary raids until Moltres is out next week.

Now I have to decide whether I want to power up this Lugia, or save my rare candy for something a little better.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Chris Chris Patch the game and try it out again. Since .69.1 I haven't had any lag on on my S5 on the world map, catching pokemon, raiding, or battling in gyms. Especially in Gyms the difference is uncanny. It's so easy to dodge now.

I don't know what voodoo they are using, or whether they removed their obfuscation, but I hope it sticks.