Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Chris

Potato del Grande
Thanks for the shout out, I appreciate it.
I've missed Articuno so I'm done, uninstalled it today. Only part of it is the unreliability for paid raids.

The other part is having to organise 10+ strangers to beat something, when everyone is socially awkward including myself, I'm not THAT bad so I can step up and be raid leader if needed, but it's not a relaxing thing to do in a game.

Its worse than a WoW PUG, half are retarded and just join the first raid they see when they arrive and die with 3 people. Or you ask if they are starting and they look at you blankly and say no, then they start without you.

Do I really want to organise a group of players to meet up through Facebook and do it properly? I got Friday Night Magic to play games with a mix of normal, annoying or autistic strangers.

What they should have done is instead of having constantly respawing Articunos around the city that are easy to beat in a large group but impossible to catch, is have them spawn less frequently with a warning they will be there days before then have them a little harder to beat and a little easier to catch. That way you can casually organise a group to be there and limit it to one encounter instead of farming with awkward strangers IRL.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Thanks for the shout out, I appreciate it.
I've missed Articuno so I'm done, uninstalled it today. Only part of it is the unreliability for paid raids.

The other part is having to organise 10+ strangers to beat something, when everyone is socially awkward including myself, I'm not THAT bad so I can step up and be raid leader if needed, but it's not a relaxing thing to do in a game.

Its worse than a WoW PUG, half are retarded and just join the first raid they see when they arrive and die with 3 people. Or you ask if they are starting and they look at you blankly and say no, then they start without you.

Do I really want to organise a group of players to meet up through Facebook and do it properly? I got Friday Night Magic to play games with a mix of normal, annoying or autistic strangers.

What they should have done is instead of having constantly respawing Articunos around the city that are easy to beat in a large group but impossible to catch, is have them spawn less frequently with a warning they will be there days before then have them a little harder to beat and a little easier to catch. That way you can casually organise a group to be there and limit it to one encounter instead of farming with awkward strangers IRL.

Ahh I don't have that problem. I can turn up to any raid day or night and have 50+ people there ready to do it. I've never just randomly shown up to a legendary raid and not been able to do it.

I still make the effort to show up within the first 20 minutes of a raid and it's never taken me more than 10 minutes to get it done. Benefit of living in Tokyo I guess.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Ahh I don't have that problem. I can turn up to any raid day or night and have 50+ people there ready to do it. I've never just randomly shown up to a legendary raid and not been able to do it.

I still make the effort to show up within the first 20 minutes of a raid and it's never taken me more than 10 minutes to get it done. Benefit of living in Tokyo I guess.

Well on launch day there were usually 30 people milling around each raid not communicating with each other, I'm REALLY concerned that's going to drop off harshly after a week. In September all the good Asians will be back from university so maybe it is viable long term... it just not worth the effort I think..

fris

Vyemm Raider
good while ago, think my account was 34 or 35? seemed every change was something that negatively affected the user. harder to catch, less items from stops, harder to hatch eggs, harder to track pokemons, less rewards from anything Gym related. at the end, i had to 'farm' stops for about an hour (there's a nice circle i can loop in ~8 minutes w/ 11 stops) just to attack gyms for about 15 minutes. then when i ran out of revives, i quit. i couldn't bring myself to 'farm' stops for the bulk of my play time. this is someone that bought balls and unlocked all the storage i could. i don't get how some can just hang out at clusters of stops and farm endlessly and not do anything else.

i never spoofed, but i used the shit out of online maps. i found they got me to play more.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Still play every day but hella casual. Just open it when I go to the store or walk my dog. Almost level 31, been playing since beta.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I still play too, I try to do a level 5 raid every day, but it ends up being 3-4 times a week, I've caught everything available in Japan so far, level 37, caught 245.

I don't make any special trips anymore but I do play while walking to and home from work, which is about a mile each way.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I still play super casually, too. Mostly because my kids like doing it with me when we go anywhere, and it's fun. I'm at level 29, caught 211, and I've never once gone to a gym. This is just catching, evolving, and the like for me. My kids said they want to go on a pokey trip on Saturday, so we'll go downtown where it's pretty good. Maybe I'll finally try a gym.

I am frustrated by how hard it is to get new pokeymon. The same crap all the time gets boring. Although with this Halloween special right now I think there are three or four new ones around. I also like that candies are doubled. If you have a pineap, every pidgey you catch can evolve. And there's a chance that my walking partner Chancey will finally get enough candies to evolve.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I'm 33.5 and at 246 pokemon in the 'dex. Still missing all regionals outside of Australia, and Unown. Oh, I've also never caught a shiny.

Last edited:

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Fuck this game, I quit a week ago, piece of shit with their EX raids in my area I'm never invited to. 10's of thousands of people raid at my local gyms and you invite 100? Fuck you Niantic, fuck you.

Aaubert

Silver Knight of the Realm
If you're outside of the regions that Niantic consideres to be "Asia" - then for the next 36 hours, you can catch Farfetch'd. If you're a dirty casual like me, I'm biking to work 2 miles each way every day, and I saw 2 of them on my ride home tonight.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
so did y'all quit playing? if so, why?
Their gym and combat revamp was what made me quit. The new numbers don't really work with a "not very effective" still dealing 100% base damage because of stab.

Not doing anything about non-botting GPS spoofers taking gyms was the other reason.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
This game is a lot better now than it used to be and is having events going on all the time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
yeah they're doing a lot more with the game lately for sure. if you haven't played in awhile its worth checking out. too bad it's still too cold out for me to give a fuck.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Too bad the game is basically unplayable for me without spoofing to a more populated area.

i live in a town with a population of 3.5k and its the biggest town for 40 miles.

i still play when it's actually nice out (fuck michigan)

but despite being a small town, there's like 12 Pokestops and 3 gyms. i guess probably because we're the biggest town in the region despite being a very small town on a national scale.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
i live in a town with a population of 3.5k and its the biggest town for 40 miles.

i still play when it's actually nice out (fuck michigan)

but despite being a small town, there's like 12 Pokestops and 3 gyms. i guess probably because we're the biggest town in the region despite being a very small town on a national scale.

Try spoofing to Central Park, Santa Monica Pier, or basically anywhere in Tokyo. It's a completely different game.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I'm in a decent sized town, and there are plenty of stops and gyms and such. The game is fun, but it is do damned glitchy. Probably half the times I try to evolve something it takes the candy and freezes, and I don't get the evolution. Supremely frustrating.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I'm in a decent sized town, and there are plenty of stops and gyms and such. The game is fun, but it is do damned glitchy. Probably half the times I try to evolve something it takes the candy and freezes, and I don't get the evolution. Supremely frustrating.

That's never happened to me, hm

Try spoofing to Central Park, Santa Monica Pier, or basically anywhere in Tokyo. It's a completely different game.

I've played it in Detroit and it wasn't super different. Maybe a place like Central Park really is way better, but how many people are really lucky enough to live near Central Park?

You're letting the 1% get you down bruh :p

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've played it in Detroit and it wasn't super different. Maybe a place like Central Park really is way better, but how many people are really lucky enough to live near Central Park?

You're letting the 1% get you down bruh :p

Well that was part of the problem, Chysamere wouldn't stfu about Tokyo so I started spoofing around a bit to see what other places were like and once I got a taste of it I couldn't stomach going back to my 1500 pop town. But even if you aren't playing in a pokemecca like Central Park, any decently high population density area is lightyears beyond my town.