Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Fuck I feel so far behind (given I was gone 18+ months). I'm just spam capturing and constantly running out of pokeballs.

Any tips for getting more?
Just find a cluster of 5 stops or so and farm em for 20 minutes

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, gonna have to do that. Fucking game actually had me pick up running again...

Lenas

Trump's Staff
If you have a stop within range of your work get a go-tcha and let it spin the stop automatically for you while you work all day.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
If you have a stop within range of your work get a go-tcha and let it spin the stop automatically for you while you work all day.
I work from a cafe in range of two, or a bar in range of three... what's the go-tcha?

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Gotcha is a 3rd party device that pairs like a Go Plus but catches/spins automatically.

Also got my first Mewtwo today. 15/13/12 so I won't power it up yet, see what I catch next week.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
What's the best IV calculator these days? Sick of using the shitty vague ingame one.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Gotcha is a 3rd party device that pairs like a Go Plus but catches/spins automatically.

Also got my first Mewtwo today. 15/13/12 so I won't power it up yet, see what I catch next week.
Niantic isn't going to get pissed about the knockoff? Also, does it work while I'm driving for spinning?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Niantic isn't going to get pissed about the knockoff? Also, does it work while I'm driving for spinning?
They can't do anything about it, it identifies to your phone as their official one. Yes it will get some catches and stops while driving but not everything and it depends on your speed.

15 atk = power it up. If you get a better one, power that up too.

What's the best IV calculator these days? Sick of using the shitty vague ingame one.
If you are on Android the only real option is CalcyIV. Leagues better than anything else including the abomination of PokeGenie on iOS.

Last edited:

Aaubert

Silver Knight of the Realm
Hey folks - if you're interested at all... tomorrow (Saturday) - i think from 11-2 here on the West Coast, there will be nothing but Zapdos spawning at raids - and they difficulty has been lowered so they're a bit easier. I'll be nerding out tomorrow.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Wife and I went out in the rain. She got a shiny. I got a 100%

Screenshot_20180721-192814_Pokmon GO.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Add me, yo. 7048 6390 0455

I don't play much, but why not.

Edit: If you get a friend add from Alkorin187, that's me.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Many TMs and candies earned today. I would have had more but I logged in to my wife's account for 4 or 5 trying to get her a shiny. I caught my last zap with a pinap and had just enough candy to get the perfect to 30.5. Now I just need a water raid to use it against.

Screenshot_20180721-143105.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Do the event Pokemon have a higher chance of being wonders/100%? I feel like I basically never see wonders just from the random shit I catch day to day and I've only ever caught one 100% 'mon.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Do the event Pokemon have a higher chance of being wonders/100%? I feel like I basically never see wonders just from the random shit I catch day to day and I've only ever caught one 100% 'mon.

Raid pokemon are like Egg pokemon, they guaranteed to be at least 10-10-10

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Caught 7/15 from raids, no shinies. RNG gods hated me yesterday something fierce.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Raid pokemon are like Egg pokemon, they guaranteed to be at least 10-10-10

Just to add some extra detail to this...

Research reward/egg Pokemon have minimum IVs of 10 and can't be weather boosted. Research monsters are level 15, egg hatches are level 20.

Raid encounters have the same IV min of 10 but they are level 20, or 25 if weather boosted.

Normal weather boosted Pokemon in the wild have minimum IVs of 4, but they can spawn up to level 35 which can save a ton of dust and candy.

Unrelated: latest game update added code for lucky Pokemon which will have 50% reduced stardust cost to power up. The chances of getting a 100%/shiny/lucky must be astronomical but I'm sure it'll be on Reddit within a few days of going live.

Last edited: