PokeMMO

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
anyone ever play this?PokeMMO - No Bullshit, Just Games

it's player created, based upon the Pokemon FireRed ROM. FireRed is the Gameboy Advance version of the original Gameboy Pokemon Red/Blue games, and all the maps/battles/pokemon are almost identical to the classic games, just with updated graphics.

its pretty fun so far.... lots of other players online. not sure how much staying power it will have for me, but i've been server/game hopping like a mofo lately.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Downloaded and played it, seems really active.

My problem with pokemon is that I played it on roms on my computer and could set the speed to like 10x, so traversing the world, battling, talking etc happened very quickly. The actual game is so slow I get bored easily.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
yeah, i find myself longing for my emulator's turbo button as well. also, seems like there's a memory leak in the coding.... probably not noticeable on a better machine though, i'm currently playing on a crappy old netbook. on my crappy system with 1gig of RAM and a 1.6GHz processor i have to restart my client every couple of hours to avoid major slowdown.

i'm not sure how it reflects on the top end, but the newer players i see around me seem to not be very good players. =p i saw people doing Brock's gym with level 22 Charmeleons. probably took so long to level that high in Viridian Forest. dunno why they don't just go get a Mankey from Route 22.
smile.png
i used a level 10 Mankey for that gym. and used a level 16 Pikachu to beat Misty.... now all the players around me that are at the same point in the game progression have like level 30 Pokemon, while i'm rocking a level 17 for my highest level.

there's a lot of discussion on their forums about the meta game for high level tournaments, though, so i'm sure the PVP will be more challenging once i get up there in levels.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
If the meta is like the original stack ghost and psychic pokemon and rape all.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
its based on FireRed, but there's pokemon from Gen II and Gen III in the game... so the strategy seems more complex than that^ classic strat. not sure from personal experience yet. though. took a day off, last time i played i got a Growlithe so i could get my fourth badge from the Grass gym.

god i feel sorta lame playing this, but the nostalgia factor is very strong.

oh, of note -- it seems like most of the PVP/tournaments are for level 50s instead of level 100s.