Pokemon Let's Go

ZyyzYzzy

Registered Amod
<Moderation Tools>
24d 7h 16m
Reactions
21,335 1,347 0 0
Am I the only nerd here that's going to get a switch to play Let's Go?

Alkorin

Immersion Slayer
<Moderation Tools>
12d 5h 56m
Reactions
1,297 133 0 0
Well, we have a Switch... guess we'll have to take a look.

Koushirou

<Donors Crew>
19d 22h 31m
Reactions
1,445 133 0 0
Already have the Switch, but so far I'm a little disappointed in Let's Go, but maybe I just don't have all the info yet. It looked like you don't actually battle wild Pokemon anymore, instead you just do the Pokemon Go style of catching and that's it. Then you just level mons though trainer battles and just catching shit. Seems prohibitive unless you can get cheap Pokeballs out the ass or you can turn on wild battling in some way. Has there been any news since E3 on that?

ZyyzYzzy

Registered Amod
<Moderation Tools>
24d 7h 16m
Reactions
21,335 1,347 0 0
Yea, the catching of pokemon like in go seems like it will be a disappointment but then again seeing them in the overworld and just trying to do stupid throws when I am bored seems more fun than repels, running or 1 shotting like in the old games.

DirkDonkeyroot

Lord Nagafen Raider
16d 1h 58m
Reactions
303 26 0 0
Don't forget that mobile Go and Let's Go are going to have some kind of connection capabilities.

Kovaks

<Donors Crew>
4d 3h 3m
Reactions
569 95 0 0
I'll be getting this one for sure it's two player and my son's obsessed with Pokemon. Looks like it lets you transfer from moble go to this

Koushirou

<Donors Crew>
19d 22h 31m
Reactions
1,445 133 0 0
Some more details released today: more special moves for your partner mon (with some really cheesy move names), custom hairstyles for it, secret techniques for traveling (basically more flavorful fly, surf, etc.). Game's starting to look a little too kiddish for me, but who am I kidding, I'm going to buy it anyway.

Koushirou

<Donors Crew>
19d 22h 31m
Reactions
1,445 133 0 0
Also, there's a new Switch bundle coming out with a choice of Let's Go Eevee or Pikachu (download codes) plus a PokeBall Plus (I think these also double as Pokemon Go plus units, too?) and Eevee/Pikachu themed controllers and dock. $400. Pretty cute, but I doubt I'll have the funds for it.

Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! | Where to Buy

Tuco

Janitor of the Realm
16d 22h 42m
Reactions
39,728 2,266 0 0
I'm not buying Let's Go, but I'd love it if Nintendo made Pokemon Go II sometime in the future. PoGo was a huge disappointment and is so far from what could've been.

Therage

Knight of the Realm
3d 4h 17m
Reactions
38 6 0 0
I'm excited for this game. Though I can't decide which version I'll get.

pharmakos

bµɐʁwɐʞoƨ
<Donors Crew>
9d 19h 28m
Reactions
4,441 1,874 0 0
I'm not buying Let's Go, but I'd love it if Nintendo made Pokemon Go II sometime in the future. PoGo was a huge disappointment and is so far from what could've been.
When did you quit playing? They've kept working on it really steadily, it's MUCH better than it was at launch.

Tuco

Janitor of the Realm
16d 22h 42m
Reactions
39,728 2,266 0 0
When did you quit playing? They've kept working on it really steadily, it's MUCH better than it was at launch.
I quit right before raids came out, and from everything I've heard it's still worse than it was at launch. I don't really want to derail this thread but fuck it, it only has a few posts in a month.

Here's the trailer for PoGo, I remember being super pumped for it when it released.

Watch that and tell me whether Niantic delivered on that trailer with today's PoGo (ignoring the notional AR stuff that we just don't have the tech for yet).

At release we really only had the hunting / capturing Pokemon feature in and it was remarkably like the trailer. People were running all over looking for Pokemon. Then a combination of people realizing how effective lures were + niantic destroying the ability to hunt pokemon turned it into a game where people sat on their ass spending $$$ to win.

I didn't get into raiding, but the raid pass mechanic reaffirmed my decision to not play. Niantic had the option of creating a global hit, but instead they seemed to just chase their cash shop.

If I'm wrong and Niantic actually did reform a bit and the game is like that trailer, let me know.

Which is why I think it's up to Nintendo to create Pokemon Go II, since unlike Niantic they actually give a shit about their brand.