Politics Thread

Xequecal

Baronet of the Realm
24d 4h 28m
Reactions
2,832 10,414 0 0
I love the abject poverty and slavery is now related to obesity. Being poor and fat because you are poor is quite hilarious.
.....what? The slaves they use in, say, UAE aren't citizens of UAE and don't count in their obesity rankings. UAE citizens are fat because they have massive government handouts to citizens from their oil money, and UAE citizens pretty much don't have to work if they don't want to.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Donors Crew>
15d 13h 55m
Reactions
2,931 116 0 0
The bubble here really has created some of the finest mental gymnasts in cyberspace. Do you guys spot each other’s routine while I’m not around?

Private insurance companies are in the business of manufacturing red tape you turbo-dork. Private companies can (and do) change their shitty rules every goddamn year. A single payer law-abiding system would not.

Single payer is also the reverse of a monopoly. Instead of our current system where doctors routinely overcharge to claim tax losses while insurance companies “readjust” the price and, in many cases, stick the consumer with the balance, a single payer system says “You earn this much if you want the job. Take it or gtfo.”.

You guys act like socialized health insurance isn’t already happening with wild success in other countries.
I gotta hand it to you, the ability to keep the trollface on for this many years is quite an achievement. You actually had a couple decent sentences come out in the past few days, I thought the act might be fading, but you've definitely recommitted after this post. Would be faceslap worthy if not for the obvious troll.

ZyyzYzzy

He called the shit poop
<Moderation Tools>
29d 11h 10m
Reactions
22,141 1,377 0 0
Lol at private company having more redtape than the fed govt.

Doing my daily job I have seen the fed govt waste $100k's in time and resources trying to save a few $100 on a contract.

Instead of just awarding it, let's hold it up for over a year, waste the time of 10+ GS13-15's. No wonder why very talented people in the private sector don't want to work with the fed govt. Fuck the govt dictates how much profit a company can earn on a contract...any large phatm company won't work with us because of this.

Namon

<Donors Crew>
8d 9h 45m
Reactions
1,208 35 0 0
The United States has better health outcomes when you compare sick people to sick people. Americans with breast cancer live longer than Europeans with breast cancer, for example. Europe has much lower costs because they're simply much healthier in general and get sick much less. The amount to which this can be attributed to health care is debatable. Americans work a lot more than Europeans, are much more stressed than Europeans, and are a hell of a lot fatter than Europeans. Seriously, no European country is anywhere near the US on the obesity ranking, the US literally ranks up there with the petrostates that use slave labor and pay their citizens to do nothing.
According to this: The World Factbook — Central Intelligence Agency I'm not sure I'd consider within 10 points for many (UK, Spain, and Poland among others) and within 15 of France and Italy to be a hell of a lot more. I get click-bait can go out and say nearly double France and Italy... but again 2 is double 1, so context. I do think our work/life imbalance and the stress it causes is a major factor. Plus most jobs now are so sedentary in nature we just don't give our bodies a chance to work themselves. Not trying to say that being fat is good for you, but I do think the rates and what not are a tad over blown.

As far as healthcare, I personally would be open to the idea of a "medicare for all" system that covered non catastrophic and preventative stuff, while allowing private insurance to cover the huge stuff with high deductables. But again, if I'm paying out 14 grand a year in taxes to pay for that, it kind of makes no sense.

fanaskin

Well known Agitator
27d 13h 11m
Reactions
49,100 2,907 0 0
ROFL I knew it. That's irrelevant to my point since I just showed you that name recognition WAS NOT an advantage for Hillcunt __AT ALL__ regardless of race. She had a massive unfavorability deficit that only grew as the campaign ground on and continues to widen today.

You can go ahead and google it bro. Why did one of the biggest BLM leaders, Ta-Nehisi Coates, virulently oppose Bernie during the primaries after which all those fat BLM cunts started trolling Bernie's campaign?
This is true, I watched all the early Bernie speeches, it was all about economics every point was about economics, then the mic stand incident happened and he realized black people didn't give a shit about economics all they cared about was their tribal shit, so he hired simone sanders to yell into the mic before each rally. It was super obvious Bernie saw black voters as a big problem after that because he had to change core aspects of his show to try and accomodate them.

meanwhile clinton came into politics as a goldwater girl, I think I understand Tolan a bit here, because I couldn't believe how dumb black voters were either, I think Tolan honestly can't fathom why black voters act like that either.

LachiusTZ

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
<Donors Crew>
15d 19h 8m
Reactions
4,836 347 0 0
Doing my daily job I have seen the fed govt waste $100k's in time and resources trying to save a few $100 on a contract.

Instead of just awarding it, let's hold it up for over a year, waste the time of 10+ GS13-15's.
That's called a weekday.

Dealing with this daily right now. We have a dozen grade 15 mgrs spending 30+ hours a week filling out repetitive spreadsheets so a half dozen ir1s can have a half dozen GS 9s explain it to them. And roughly 150 GS 11-13s spending five to ten hours a week giving the mgmt guys the crap they need to fill out their shit.

Someone do the math on it, I don't want to sad this early in the morning.

15 x 30hrs(@gs15)
150x ((5+10)/2) (@gs11 thru 13)
6 x 30 (gs9 (secretaries))

And that's just what I see firsthand. I'm sure there is more. Iceberg etc

Edit: Houston locality for those hourly rates~

Last edited:

TheBeagle

<Donors Crew>
15d 12h 23m
Reactions
8,853 196 0 0
Man if the asians keep stroking the Don like this for another 7 years while Europe continues crying in their Cheerios and letting in muslims, geopolitics are going to look nothing like the post WWII landscape we're so used to. Europe is really, really fucking up and I think Macron is the only one that even has a glimmer of that realization.
*western Europe

sadris

Vizconde de la Reino
25d 7h 26m
Reactions
41,699 3,006 0 0
Man if the asians keep stroking the Don like this for another 7 years while Europe continues crying in their Cheerios and letting in muslims, geopolitics are going to look nothing like the post WWII landscape we're so used to. Europe is really, really fucking up and I think Macron is the only one that even has a glimmer of that realization.
*western Europe
Yeah macron has turned out to be better than let pen.

Quaid

9d 16h 26m
Reactions
4,240 483 0 0
Nah this place has simply become too toxic for me to read on a regular basis. You guys jumped all aboard the Trump train despite the fact that he is clearly a loser. You only trust news from 4-5 places that are clearly biased and using fake news like Breitbart and despite the fact that subpoenas are being issued still think Russia had nothing to do with interfering in our election at the behest of Trump.

You complain about EO's and then ignore when Trump uses them nearly exclusively because he can't get anything through the actual legislative process. You blame Obama for a huge debt increase at least half of which was covering for Bush's fuckups and then suddenly a massive deficit raising money grab by the wealthy is wunderbar! Obama plays too much golf, until Trump obliterates his record by golfing every week. You guys are both hypocrites and the real snowflakes, blaming all your problems on brown people and 'furners'.
This post brought to you by Occupy Democrats.

fanaskin

Well known Agitator
27d 13h 11m
Reactions
49,100 2,907 0 0
If blacks, whites, Hispanics, Asians, gays, etc. all knew Bernie the same, which is not as much as all of them knew Hillary and Trump, and the blacks rejected Bernie more than the rest, then that shows they are very sensitive to familiararity of a candidate - even if that candidate’s policies are better for them.

Anyway, they needed more time than one election cycle to warm up to Bernie.

2020 is coming.
I love the whole central idea Tolan is taking is that nobody could possibly dislike Bernie so the only explanation is colored people are stupid.

Last edited:

fanaskin

Well known Agitator
27d 13h 11m
Reactions
49,100 2,907 0 0
Nah this place has simply become too toxic for me to read on a regular basis. You guys jumped all aboard the Trump train despite the fact that he is clearly a loser. You only trust news from 4-5 places that are clearly biased and using fake news like Breitbart and despite the fact that subpoenas are being issued still think Russia had nothing to do with interfering in our election at the behest of Trump.

You complain about EO's and then ignore when Trump uses them nearly exclusively because he can't get anything through the actual legislative process. You blame Obama for a huge debt increase at least half of which was covering for Bush's fuckups and then suddenly a massive deficit raising money grab by the wealthy is wunderbar! Obama plays too much golf, until Trump obliterates his record by golfing every week. You guys are both hypocrites and the real snowflakes, blaming all your problems on brown people and 'furners'.

TJT

Adrenaline Junkie
<Donors Crew>
51d 8h 50m
Reactions
31,185 682 0 0
*western Europe
I'll say it again. In 20 years the jewels of Europe are going to be Krakow, Moscow, Kyiv, Talinn, etc. West Europe will be a shithole in comparison.

TJT

Adrenaline Junkie
<Donors Crew>
51d 8h 50m
Reactions
31,185 682 0 0

You say it like we avoid all objectivity in the discussions around here when you admit you don't read it, parachute in, and claim everyone accepts shit at face value.

Come on dog.

fanaskin

Well known Agitator
27d 13h 11m
Reactions
49,100 2,907 0 0
This is just rank insubordination now by obama holdovers.
State Department Left Trio of Florida Lawmakers in Dark on New Cuba Rules

The State, Treasury, and Commerce Departments, which wrote the new rules, never briefed these members of Congress, and lawmakers ended up having to hear the new rules were coming out Wednesday morning from reporters, the sources told the Washington Free Beacon.

The lack of foreknowledge is a marked shift from months earlier, when the White House brought the lawmakers into the fold and they endorsed Trump's efforts to roll back some of the Obama administration's new détente with Havana at a June event in Miami's Little Havana.

The trio of lawmakers issued statements late Wednesday ranging from mild disappointment to strong dissatisfaction and blaming State Department "bureaucrats" from preventing Trump from going farther. They argued the new regulations preserved too many special carve-outs for certain Cuba military-controlled hotels and existing travel plans.

"The regulatory changes announced today by Treasury and Commerce begin to implement President Trump's 2017 policy for enforcing U.S. sanctions law against the Castro regime," Rubio said. "Unfortunately, however, bureaucrats in the State Department who oppose the president's Cuba policy refused to fully implement it when they omitted from the Cuba Restricted List several entities and sub-entities that are controlled by or act on behalf of the Cuban military, intelligence, or security services."

Rubio specifically pointed to the Gran Caribe Hotel Group and Cubanacan, two hotels operated by Cuban tourism companies.

"I am confident that this effort by some in the State Department to undermine the president's directive will be addressed," he added.

Diaz-Balart argued that the regulations do not fully implement what the Trump administration previously ordered.

"It is clear that individuals in the bureaucracy who support the former administration's Cuba policy continue to undermine President Trump," he said.

Synj

Information Terrorist
<Donor All-Stars>
16d 16h 59m
Reactions
20,523 649 0 0
Single payer is also the reverse of a monopoly. Instead of our current system where doctors routinely overcharge to claim tax losses while insurance companies “readjust” the price and, in many cases, stick the consumer with the balance, a single payer system says “You earn this much if you want the job. Take it or gtfo.”.
Back when we had that argument it was sarcasm, I was pulling your chain and everyone knew it but you apparently. Now you are running with it as fact, and you throw in 'routinely' as if it's a matter of fact. You don't have any fucking clue how this shit works, but you say things with such authority as if you have facts behind them.

Top level cringe.

Synj

Information Terrorist
<Donor All-Stars>
16d 16h 59m
Reactions
20,523 649 0 0

That sounds like faggot talk.