Politics Thread

Sebudai

<Donors Crew>
15d 15h 30m
Reactions
13,373 358 0 0
ctrl-v, not hard
Or you could post them like everybody else does. It's to the point where you're destroying the FSR ala lulzsect. You've had numerous people complain about this to you. I prefer not to put you on ignore, but since you post so many broken gif embeds, it's kinda like you put yourself on ignore for the rest of us.

Lanx

Baron of the Realm
19d 22h 27m
Reactions
16,358 2,787 0 0
Or you could post them like everybody else does. It's to the point where you're destroying the FSR ala lulzsect. You've had numerous people complain about this to you. I prefer not to put you on ignore, but since you post so many broken gif embeds, it's kinda like you put yourself on ignore for the rest of us.
they're not broken

Lanx

Baron of the Realm
19d 22h 27m
Reactions
16,358 2,787 0 0
They require people to continually refresh the page.
that's a different issue than what you're bitching about

"broken embeds" via imgur are now fixed by either direct linking to the gifv or re-encoded to play on gfycat

if they have to refresh the page for whatever reason other than that, they need $$$ to upgrade their ghetto phone.

Sebudai

<Donors Crew>
15d 15h 30m
Reactions
13,373 358 0 0
that's a different issue than what you're bitching about

"broken embeds" via imgur are now fixed by either direct linking to the gifv or re-encoded to play on gfycat

if they have to refresh the page for whatever reason other than that, they need $$$ to upgrade their ghetto phone.
I have an iPhone 8 and a nice laptop. It happens 85% of the time you embed imgur instead of uploading it to your account and posting it normally.

Arbiter

Lord Nagafen Raider
3d 8h 14m
Reactions
764 35 0 0
I was looking through a few you-tube subscriptions today and seen this video from Peterson on the sidebar. I was expecting some basic political banter in the video but man,... he can do an awesome lecture,...

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Donor All-Stars>
6d 15h 34m
Reactions
12,134 676 0 0
Mueller is literally whining that Ellis is being too mean to them. I know you probably don't read more than headlines, but if you want some real popcorn worthy stuff, READ the transcripts of the trial, its fucking hilarious.

“I understand how frustrated you are. In fact, there’s tears in your eyes right now,” ---The judge.

Why? Because this is literally what the trial is about.

But prosecutors say that property was listed on papers as a second home, and not as a rental property, something that would impact whether or not a bank would have agreed to loan him more than $5 million.

That's right Teekey. No actual evidence, or documentation. They are bringing in witnesses who admit they stole money from Manafort, to describe how he rented properties while saying to the bank they were second homes. LOL...The whole trial has been about low level financial fraud. (Again, with no actual evidence of this...mostly just witness statements). So of course the judge is a little grumpy.

Yeah, if I were Mueller, I would want the rest of this to be "secret" too. It will make it much easier to pass off the guilty verdict to you lemmings as something to do with Russia if you don't know Mueller was going after low rent bullshit like this, and in the event he continues to be humiliated for not even being competent enough to nail someone like Manafort, best to keep that totally out of the news.

God damn, this is sad. But thanks for posting bud. You're always a great reference for how much the media can manipulate the average american.

Anyone want to guess how long until people like Teek are asking about Ellis's history with Russia?
I'm reading this earth-shattering evidence like "they put on the bank application that it was a rental, but in fact they did live in it for at least a month that year" or some shit.

Wow. I think I under-estimate the miles I report to the insurance company that I drive too I sure hope I don't get federally indicted for insurance fraud. This is some lame ass shit.

Break

Blackwing Lair Raider
3d 6h 28m
Reactions
2,413 73 0 0
The education system needs less money, not more.
It needs a lot fewer rabid left wingers. Leftists in education are like radical muslims. Once you get enough of them in your school system, they force all the moderates out and you're left with an asylum. I'm 100% serious, this happens. You will never get a very good middle or high school that has 95% solidly Democrat teachers and administrators. You need bible thumpers and libertarians to temper their insanity. Like take Xequecal... thinks the right hates education, absolutely blind to the left's ineptitude at teaching kids. Absolutely deceived by the left's ability to lie "for the children!". As an anecdote, watching that China video that James posted yesterday was kind of an eye opener for me. Bill Clinton, in 2001, gave a very passioned, touchy-feely speech about allowing China into the WTO, for the betterment of our workers, "To sell products to China made in America!" Did he believe it? His rank and file sure as hell did, but behind the scenes were politicians and leftist administrators who were inept as the day is long. And yes, I include Bush in this as well. /FridayMorningRant

Mist

Ssraeszha Raider
11d 16h 55m
Reactions
3,964 5,354 0 0
It needs a lot fewer rabid left wingers. Leftists in education are like radical muslims. Once you get enough of them in your school system, they force all the moderates out and you're left with an asylum. I'm 100% serious, this happens. You will never get a very good middle or high school that has 95% solidly Democrat teachers and administrators. You need bible thumpers and libertarians to temper their insanity. Like take Xequecal... thinks the right hates education, absolutely blind to the left's ineptitude at teaching kids. Absolutely deceived by the left's ability to lie "for the children!". As an anecdote, watching that China video that James posted yesterday was kind of an eye opener for me. Bill Clinton, in 2001, gave a very passioned, touchy-feely speech about allowing China into the WTO, for the betterment of our workers, "To sell products to China made in America!" Did he believe it? His rank and file sure as hell did, but behind the scenes were politicians and leftist administrators who were inept as the day is long. And yes, I include Bush in this as well. /FridayMorningRant
In 2001 the Republicans were bigger globalists than the democrats.

My college's political science department was actually pretty evenly split between liberals and conservatives, and it was the conservative professors trying to convince us that globalism was good, while the leftists were the ones saying it was basically imperialism but without the benefits for workers in the parent nation and that all it was going to do was make rich people richer and poor people poorer.

James

Trakanon Raider
15d 4h 8m
Reactions
3,757 159 0 0
while the leftists were the ones saying it was basically imperialism but without the benefits for workers in the parent nation and that all it was going to do was make rich people richer and poor people poorer.
Pretty neat how my views don't change and I can swing from liberal to conservative over night because of it. Remember when the left was SO against illegal immigration? It's like they're all liars looking for votes.

Lord Nagafen Raider
4d 7h 21m
Reactions
578 6 0 0
Reminds me of democrats being the party of slavery in the past :)

yea. the never-trumpers i mostly suspect of old neocon globalism/corporatism motivation. basically both parties have their globalist/corporatism wings. Some internets folks call them neolibs and neocons. your mcains and clintons. The new-er republican /liberterian swing toward nationalism/liberaterianism and away from globalism is one of the strengths of trumps push i think.

I don't think it's entirely washed out of the republicans, that may take a while and / or never fully occur.

Break

Blackwing Lair Raider
3d 6h 28m
Reactions
2,413 73 0 0

My college's political science department was actually pretty evenly split between liberals and conservatives, and it was the conservative professors trying to convince us that globalism was good, while the leftists were the ones saying it was basically imperialism but without the benefits for workers in the parent nation and that all it was going to do was make rich people richer and poor people poorer.
What does your anecdote have to do with anything? I mentioned high schools and middle schools for a reason. Although maybe UoMich shouldn't hire 100 different diversity administrators, thats the kind of shit in colleges that can only happen when one far side of the political spectrum holds all the power.

Serpens

<Donors Crew>
7d 2h 31m
Reactions
713 92 0 0
No, she's saying Republicans never question government spending if It's military spending, while relentlessly attacking education and health care spending. You responded with, "Well, we won't question the amount of government money needed for your education and health care, as long as you're in the military." That's.....even worse.
Republicans "relentlessly attack education* and health care spending" because mandatory spending is 62% of the federal budget and military spending is 20%. AOC doesn't think 62% is enough.

Secrets of the Federal Budget Revealed

(* Education spending probably isn't even part of the 62%.)