Politics Thread

Teekey

Molten Core Raider
4d 4h 6m
Seeing the picture yet? Sorry this all takes time, but as said, government is shit and runs slow.
Don't agree with all of that, but I think we atleast agree on the basic premises. Appreciate the response.

Teekey Teekey The plan for the wall is working perfectly. Hes dragging it out to further expose the Medias bullshit, the Dems bullshit, and to demonstrate that at the end of the day, he can simply order it to be built. It's all about exposing the other side on all fronts. 4d chess. All of his attack patterns are waking up the leftist supporters to the truth of the Dem machine.
Your "sources" are doctored. The numbers have bee doctored. It's all fake dude. The left have making shit up.Hase been for decades. Why are you in denial?
I'd give you links to help educate you.
But those concepts may go over your head.

TBT-TheBigToe

Lesbian Icon
<Donors Crew>
37d 5h 58m
No, Teekey Teekey is correct. Trump did say that Mexico would pay for the wall, write a cheque, etc.

They are factually correct, Trump did say that.

So I want you all to take a pledge with me;

“I swear that if by the end of Donald J. Trump’s tenure as Presidnet of the United States he has not had Mexico pay for the wall that I will never, ever, support his candidacy as President of the United States ever again.”

There, I feel better. You will too.

Chukzombi

Quarm Raider
87d 2h 3m
So why's it taking him over 2 years to enact the rest of his master plan? And if it was going to be paid by Mexico through other means, why didn't Republicans try and fund it when they controlled everything? This shit is all just political theater.

No? Because I fully agree that Obama failed in many aspects.
wow a whole 2 years to deliver all his promises? holy shit. thats so slow compared to what?

fanaskin

Well known Agitator
53d 23h 13m
So why's it taking him over 2 years to enact the rest of his master plan?
because the presidency was modeled after george washingtons skills and the checks and balances of venetian republics, the end result of which means the president has near absolute power abroad as head of the army and head negotiator of the country, but nearly none at home because congress controls the purse strings. If you weren't a failure at american history you'd know this.

Sadre Spinegnawer

Lord Nagafen Raider
3d 6h 3m
Honest questions, maybe we can have some actual discussion and not retards like MusicForFish shitting himself every time he posts...

How do you guys feel about the use of eminent domain to seize land to build the wall?

Do you have any worry that if Trump declares the wall a national emergency, that it could set a precedent to be 'abused' by future Presidents?
First question: Eminent domain by any governmental agency should always have the highest legal scrutiny. People have a right to land they own, and any level of government had better have very good reason to say, the public good warrants x, y, or z. This threshold can be met if in fact the case is rational. Imagine a passage through a mountain ridge. It is the only reasonably doable passage 100 miles either side. Eminent domain can pay the landowner reasonably handsomely, and take that land for a public highway. Short version: the Wall is a nightmare.

Second question: absolutely.

fanaskin

Well known Agitator
53d 23h 13m
Honest questions, maybe we can have some actual discussion and not retards like MusicForFish shitting himself every time he posts...

How do you guys feel about the use of eminent domain to seize land to build the wall?

Do you have any worry that if Trump declares the wall a national emergency, that it could set a precedent to be 'abused' by future Presidents?
Obama declared a dozen national emergencies so did bush, this pearl clutching about it all of a sudden is one of the most obvious of all disingenuous arguments pushed by the left in decades. Like you would give a fuck about eminent domain, anyone bloviating you like sadre about their "concerns" is acting like reactionary leftist trash, or atleast taking the bait on their talking point.

Mario Speedwagon

Shitpost Plumber
<Moderation Tools>
24d 8h 4m

You're a fucking retard. Using eminent domain to build a wall would not be setting a new precedent. It's literally a textbook example of why eminent domain even exists.

fanaskin

Well known Agitator
53d 23h 13m
You're a fucking retard. Using eminent domain to build a wall would not be setting a new precedent. It's literally a textbook example of why eminent domain even exists.
no it's differnent now for "reasons" except trump has been one of the most moderate presidents in terms of abusing executive authority in decades if you just look at his actions and not the hysterical hot takes of leftist trash news.

obama runs guns to mexican cartels, sells state secrets to russia, sells russia strategic uranium assets in kazakstahn which holds the largest supply of uranium in the world to russia and was the real problem with the uranium one deal. starts multiple illegal wars which causes the largest humanitarian crisis movements in history. Illegally embarrases the nation by paying ransom to islamist trash for appeasement. trashes all of european politics by ignting all the far right parties through the multiple mass humanitarian crisis he had a direct hand in. Obama does all this stuff then declares himself "Scandal free" and it's just like water over a ducks back to a leftist.

Last edited:

Lithose

<Donors Crew>
50d 21h 32m

Using Eminent Domain would be a mistake except in the most reasonable of cases (But it would be legal for him to use). I don't think he should use it at all, and in places where private property prevents a wall, they should use extra personnel--focus on where you can build it easily, tackle the rest after the IDEA of a wall becomes acceptable.

Second question: No. Obama declared more than a dozen national emergencies. Bush also, and Clinton was cracking near 20. These emergencies were done pretty much to strip people of property, place trade sanctions and use government resources without appropriation to fight everything from drugs to terrorism. So if you're worried about national emergency horse, I'm sorry to say, that mother fucker has been out of the barn for about 3 decades now man. You just haven't cared before now.

As Khorum points out, we have so many national emergencies, Trump doesn't even have to make his own. He can literally use the multiple "drug" emergencies to appropriate law enforcement funding for anything he thinks will help stop the flow of drugs, since that's what those national emergencies allowed. No, I'm not kidding. Trump is doing this because he wants to STOP abusing executive power, and pushing Congresses jobs to the courts. If Congress can't even do a wall, they don't deserve to govern--any of them. But hell Teekey--no trolling here. Trump has abused exeucitve authority less than any President in 2 decades. I'm not joking. Less EOs, less emergencies---just less of everything.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Donor All-Stars>
56d 17h 58m
So why's it taking him over 2 years to enact the rest of his master plan? And if it was going to be paid by Mexico through other means, why didn't Republicans try and fund it when they controlled everything? This shit is all just political theater.
that's a god damn hell of a shift that just blew about 300 of your previous posts out of the water

SeanDoe1z1

Vyemm Raider
36d 10h 12m
looks like all those juans dont know how to deal with those slats. those arent even the 30 foot tall Trump slats with the testicale impaler feature at the top..
You must be confused, these fine individuals were just trying to repair our property.

Keep on leftist faggots, it will only make it easier to ignore your pleas in 15 years.

Teekey

Molten Core Raider
4d 4h 6m
Obama declared a dozen national emergencies so did bush, this pearl clutching about it all of a sudden is one of the most obvious of all disingenuous arguments pushed by the left in decades. Like you would give a fuck about eminent domain, anyone bloviating you like sadre about their "concerns" is acting like reactionary leftist trash, or atleast taking the bait on their talking point.
Except I never claimed national emergencies shouldn't be declared whatsoever?

From what I can tell, pretty much all Obama's national emergencies were focused on blocking property or prohibiting transactions/travel for specific foreign individuals.

Sadre Spinegnawer

Lord Nagafen Raider
3d 6h 3m
Since we are speaking of actual lines on a map, where exactly would the Trump Barrier be over the length of the Rio Grande?

The US side? Would that not concede access to the river to Mexico? Do not lots of US ranchers use that water?

The Mexican side? How exactly would that work?

Down the middle of the river?

Am I overthinking this vis a vis this day and age?

Titan_Atlas

<Moderation Tools>
18d 8m
I never take literally the contracts I deal with by the dozens, daily. I get an order, send X then we get Y. The "send X" part is easy: you send the goods requested. But unless if you are in business, you probably do not get how Bill Shatner seeing creatures on the wing of the plane weird it is, to actually do the math on the "then we get Y" part. Most people I know don't tackle it. We just send X. Warren Buffett basically agrees when he said job number one, is make sure your client has results.
Wait, did we just get another imaginary job listing?