Politics Thread

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Donors Crew>
22d 8h 12m
We are talking about taking apart shadow institutions that have likely been around almost 70 years at this point and using largely unelected power (DOJ) to carry out the uprooting of this also unelected deep state. The case needs to be both iron clad and digestible, if we want to avoid actual descent into Civil War 2.0 and actual fascism or totalitarianism to solve our problems. Joking about Pinochet and Uncle Adolf are good for a laugh, but keeping the republic intact is preferable to all but the most ideologically rabid anti-left. So, suppress the urge to Beagle and quietly stash some guns and ammo while we let this play out piece by piece. You don't take apart decades old power structures overnight, unless you plan on killing the host along with the parasite.

creatureparade

Molten Core Raider
9d 7h 28m
"We had to investigate Trump because his womanizing might have made him vulnerable to being pressured by Russia."

"My womanizing affair doesn't make me vulnerable, that's absurd."
I read a book by Fred Burton called Ghost years ago, that was about the dawn of counter-terrorism intelligence work. Embarrassing sexual conduct was one of like 4 giant levers intelligence agencies would look for to use on potential sources.

Tuco

Janitor of the Realm
30d 1h 18m
Barr is actually holding them to the regulations of the DoJ where you need reasonable suspicion of a crime before investigating a person. Turns out, most of their investigations are non-compliant with this, because they were investigating people to find crimes, rather than crimes to find people. Essentially they were running their wing of the DoJ the same way the KGB and Red Shirts in China found "Criminals", target people who were politically unpopular and then dig until you find a crime.
This is just conjecture though, right? I doubt that either Barr or Mueller or anyone else in the room when they had this conversation leaked it out.

LachiusTZ

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
<Donors Crew>
32d 22h 42m
I don't know man.. she sounds about the same level of dumb as most of the people I was in boot with. I had some pretty silly reasons for enlisting when I was 18 and none of them ended up being the really good stuff I got out of it. I mean she's not even a boot yet, of course she's going to say dumb shit. If she goes through with it maybe it'll be useful. If she taps out in 3 weeks I'll be happy to call her a pussy.

I also have no idea who she is. I'm just looking at some rando who probably has more options than the military.
It's a lot to spell out. Essentially some spoiled girl going to play war and have "fun" just really reeks of stupid.

She is going straight into OCS, will likely never experience the horrors (will see the results, but doubtful to be there while it's happening) of combat, too dumb to understand a lot of the world's problems are because of our military, and thinks it's required to have her voice heard (that she go play dress up in another fashion for a few years).

It's a manifestation of the pro military propaganda, and it's fucking dumb.

If you tell me your joining the military because you want school, or training, or don't have options, or want to play with cool toys, or just want to fucking murder people. Yeah, I get it.

But to insta gram your virtue? Fuck that bitch. It's the whole problem wrapped up in a single moment

Lithose

<Donors Crew>
50d 14h 32m
This is just conjecture though, right? I doubt that either Barr or Mueller or anyone else in the room when they had this conversation leaked it out.
Yeah, its just "anonymous sources" so typical caveat. But I suspect there is a bit more truth to it since we had such a quick confirmation of events, Weisman left just a day after OANN broke the story, which followed exactly what he said would happen.

Last edited:

Tuco

Janitor of the Realm
30d 1h 18m
Michael Cohen Has Email Showing Trump Obstructed Justice by Dangling Pardon

Robert Costello, an attorney working with Rudy Giuliani, emailed Cohen on April 21. The emails assured Cohen he could “sleep well tonight” because he had “friends in high places,” according to CNN.
“To repeat myself, Michael Cohen and his counsel’s interpretation of events is utter nonsense,” Costello said. “This statement: ‘Sleep Well tonight, you have friends in high places’ was a tongue-in-cheek reference to a Garth Brooks song, to a client whose state of mind was highly disturbed and had suggested to us that he was suicidal. We were simply trying to be decent human beings. There is no hidden message.”​

Reactions: Lightning Lord Rule

Chukzombi

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
86d 11h 37m
they should ask, so are those kids dead? Well, our product is not defective.

They really should be exactly that crass.
yeah, its ridiculous, their product did exactly what it was supposed to. nobody is suing Ford because somebody got run over by an f-150.

Reactions: iannis

Lithose

<Donors Crew>
50d 14h 32m
LOL. So many things wrong with this too. First, the offer is not explicit, there is no quid pro quo, merely a reassurance of some aid--which is not illegal. He's not asking him to say anything specific, just don't be so scared. Second, its entirely legal for the President to offer a pardon--its an enumerated fucking power. How the hell can it be considered obstruction? The President could, if he so wished, go down and put his balls on Mueller's Herman Munster face and say "I intend to pardon everyone you question preemptively" and that would be totally fine.

Mario Speedwagon

Shitpost Plumber
<Moderation Tools>
24d 5h 22m
Not only should their findings be made public, but ALL of the documents, communications, emails and 'evidence' they gathered. Declass it all, lets see their 'sources' (a convicted pedo) and 'methods' (threats against family members).
Wrong. The proper course of action is to refuse to release the report and force the Democrats to spend months and all their political capital demanding a report that has nothing incriminating in it be released.

You let these faggots pontificate and scream about transparency and justice and whatever other gay platitudes they can come up with, let them build it up. Then maybe 6 months, a year later, it gets released and wow it's fucking nothing.

creatureparade

Molten Core Raider
9d 7h 28m
It's a lot to spell out. Essentially some spoiled girl going to play war and have "fun" just really reeks of stupid.

She is going straight into OCS, will likely never experience the horrors (will see the results, but doubtful to be there while it's happening) of combat, too dumb to understand a lot of the world's problems are because of our military, and thinks it's required to have her voice heard (that she go play dress up in another fashion for a few years).

It's a manifestation of the pro military propaganda, and it's fucking dumb.

If you tell me your joining the military because you want school, or training, or don't have options, or want to play with cool toys, or just want to fucking murder people. Yeah, I get it.

But to insta gram your virtue? Fuck that bitch. It's the whole problem wrapped up in a single moment
Ten years ago I'd have agreed on every point, but these days I'm not so sure.

The whole theater has been winding down for a long time. I think she's quite a few years past the likelihood of seeing the horrors of war whether she's enlisted or an officer. Not understanding that a lot of our problems are due to our military footprint is widespread, not just among the sheltered and rich. Plenty of dudes sign up to go play dress up in the first place, and then accidentally get a good experience (or not) and get out after 4 years.

Pro military propaganda is not nearly as big a thing as it was in the 00's. In 2004 people were lining around the block to stroke your dick if you wore fatigues. Today that kind of handjob is done on social media and reserved for wokeness. I find it hard to imagine that people today who had other good options would join if they weren't already interested for something besides attention. Identifying as another gender, for example.

Plenty of people still join for educational or training benefits, and plenty more join because they want to blow shit up. All good reasons, for sure.

If your biggest problem with this is that her focus is on publicizing her life decisions is the motivating factor for joining the military, I'm 100% on board. That's horseshit, and she'll have a short and unproductive career. All I'm trying to say is that plenty of people say some really, really stupid horseshit when they're joining because they have no concept of what it's going to be like, then still get something good out of it. Maybe that will happen here! Maybe not. If nothing else, there's about a million easier ways to virtue signal than to join the military a decade after everyone thought it was cool.

Reactions: iannis

Frenzied Wombat

<Donors Crew>
49d 10h 35m
I thought he was a faggot, I'm actually shocked LOL

Rosario Dawson confirms relationship with Booker

Asked if wedding bells might be in the future for the couple, Dawson replied with a laugh, “I have no idea. I am just grateful to be with someone that I respect and love and admire so much who is so brilliant, and kind, and caring and loving.”
Man, TheHill's comment section is a TDS filled cesspool.

1552595612515.png