Politics Thread

TrollfaceDeux

The Slayer Supreme of the Thousand Shadowban
27d 18h 24m
You're deep in the cult if you think this counts as slander. Are we going to sue SNL for slander next? That's the level this is on.
Anyone can sue you fucking retard. Get that in your head. It's only when the judge says, "pay up $20000 to this person because he hurt ur feelings" that you should be crying injustice.

Because in Canada that's exactly what's happening.

Bwca

• Truth!
Reactions: MusicForFish

Asshat Xequecal

Asshat 2018
48d 3h 9m
Anyone can sue you fucking retard. Get that in your head. It's only when the judge says, "pay up $20000 to this person because he hurt ur feelings" that you should be crying injustice.

Because in Canada that's exactly what's happening.

Bwca
Except in the unlikely event that Nunes actually wins, it won't be treated as an injustice here, it'll be treated as evidence that Nunes was right and these mean parodists got what was coming. Come on, you know this. Nobody here is going to lament such a decision and what it means for free speech.

TrollfaceDeux

27d 18h 24m
Except in the unlikely event that Nunes actually wins, it won't be treated as an injustice here, it'll be treated as evidence that Nunes was right and these mean parodists got what was coming. Come on, you know this. Nobody here is going to lament such a decision and what it means for free speech.
Uh okay. When that day comes, we will talk

Foler

Jugs waz kangz
<Donors Crew>
Yeah I have to admit this, the left has gone so far to the left that when I bring up the latest outrage at work people have no idea what I'm talking about. I informed a democrat voter today that Yang wants to give everyone $1000 a month, and he is polling 5%, he was disturbed.
From my observation they only get some random highlights from MSM like "Trump is racist," "grab her by the pussy" etc.

I'll need to force myself to watch CNN, curious to see what they're talking about now that mah Russia collusion is done.

TrollfaceDeux

27d 18h 24m
Yeah I have to admit this, the left has gone so far to the left that when I bring up the latest outrage at work people have no idea what I'm talking about. I informed a democrat voter today that Yang wants to give everyone $1000 a month, and he is polling 5%, he was disturbed.
Mmmm cant wait for general election

• 2Like
Reactions: Dr.Retarded and Foler

Ritley

<Donors Crew>
28d 26m
Ok, for a recent example, how do you feel about Nunes suing basically everyone that's ever made fun of him for defamation, (not the lawsuit against Twitter itself, the obvious SLAPP suits against obvious individual parody account owners) as well as referring journalists for criminal prosecution simply for publishing stuff that was leaked to them.
This is seriously the best example you can think of? Nunes bringing a civil suit (frivolous or not)?

Kaines

44d 7h 3m
Resorting to arguing future hypotheticals because current reality doesn’t support your position.... Typical shitlib.

Lanx

Silver Baron of the Realm
64d 6h 14m
don't watch all his vids, but he does hold dems accountable unless they are progressives then he seems to ignore their stupidly
and it is USA that has been actively destabilizing Venezuela causing all their problems is just sad.
so far ppl are saying it was ben and ana that ousted him, and it started right when Trump won.

the mandate was fuck Trump, and jimmy was the only one not super super left, hell they basically though he was right wing when he's really center leftish.

Theres also some other video of a tyt lowbie that left, that agrees too. (i forgot his name)

Tuco

Janitor of the Realm
34d 12h 52m
Ok, for a recent example, how do you feel about Nunes suing basically everyone that's ever made fun of him for defamation, (not the lawsuit against Twitter itself, the obvious SLAPP suits against obvious individual parody account owners) as well as referring journalists for criminal prosecution simply for publishing stuff that was leaked to them.
I haven't heard many details about it. On one hand I think one of the principle elements of a good and functioning society is some kind of law that allows someone to legally go after corporations who ruin your reputation with lies, slander and libel.

On the other hand, isn't this twitter account named as one of the defendants?

Asshat Xequecal

Asshat 2018
48d 3h 9m
This is seriously the best example you can think of? Nunes bringing a civil suit (frivolous or not)?
This is hardly an isolated incident, and the right mass suing people that say mean things about them has been a strategy for awhile now. Remember the SPLC lawsuit? Yeah, it's not defamatory to call someone a racist, no matter how much you might want it to be.

TrollfaceDeux

27d 18h 24m
This is hardly an isolated incident, and the right mass suing people that say mean things about them has been a strategy for awhile now. Remember the SPLC lawsuit? Yeah, it's not defamatory to call someone a racist, no matter how much you might want it to be.
Dude....lawsuits are not issues as much you might want it to be...America has been the land of lawsuits since fucking forever....

Lawsuit isn't changing the way we look and understand politic.... Social media is.

Lawsuit in it of itself does not deplatform people.... Social media does...

Even if it does deplatform, it goes through due process...where as social media doesn't.

In the end, arbitrarily silencing conservative voices on social media is a greater threat than one fucking lawsuit.

It is not even on the same scale as PewDiePie getting fucked by YouTube because of the supposed alt right association or Sargon being kicked out of Patreon because he didn't "apologize" for his "speech".

I mean how can you even begin to conflate a politicians lawsuit against a clearly hostile and not even a fucking parody twitter. Just straight up anti-nunes twitter account.

fanaskin

Well known Agitator
59d 12h 29m
either we sue eachother or we shoot and stab eachother pick one, how do you conflict resolution, when it's individiual vs individual what's your gripe using the courts? it's absolutely a persons right to go after smear merchants no matter what supposed magic words they use.