Politics Thread

• Guest, are you interested in a joint EQ/FoH gathering next summer?

Go here so we can get your input!
    Join one of the Legendary FoH meetups and enjoy the added EQ goodness!

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
44d 5h 50m
Holy shit.

Apparently Bill Burr came out with a Netflix comedy special today. If you thought Chappelle went in on the SJW's, it's nothing in comparison. I'm only like 7 minutes in and he's going in dry.

Media is going to fucking skewer him. I'm kind of surprised either one was published by Netflix at all.
Fucking good!

Good comedians don't tackle the easy shit. They're supposed to be edgy and speak truth to fucking power...the good ones anyway, the ones that know their platform is more important than just chuckles.

It elevates these guys even further above where they already were, which was pretty high in my opinion.

Fuck late night pussies like Kimmel who don't have anything other than, Trump probably farts in his sleep and don't you guys also hate Trump?

It's time to take back fucking reality.

Zapatta

~ Skeets Tweets ~
131d 5h 9m
Fucking good!

Good comedians don't tackle the easy shit. They're supposed to be edgy and speak truth to fucking power...the good ones anyway, the ones that know their platform is more important than just chuckles.

It elevates these guys even further above where they already were, which was pretty high in my opinion.

Fuck late night pussies like Kimmel who don't have anything other than, Trump probably farts in his sleep and don't you guys also hate Trump?

It's time to take back fucking reality.
They are supposed to take the wind out of the sails of stupidity. Carlin, Hicks, Pryor, Kinison, they werent trying to make you chuckle, they were trying to change your perception. Always makes me think of Mel Brooks wonderful insight in History of the World pt. 1 .... Stand Up Philosopher. Good comics are the modern equivalent.

Lanx

Golden Baron of the Realm
94d 3h 31m

Zapatta

~ Skeets Tweets ~
131d 5h 9m

O Rly?

Last edited:

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
44d 5h 50m
Holy shit.

Apparently Bill Burr came out with a Netflix comedy special today. If you thought Chappelle went in on the SJW's, it's nothing in comparison. I'm only like 7 minutes in and he's going in dry.

Media is going to fucking skewer him. I'm kind of surprised either one was published by Netflix at all.
I want to finish it but I have an early day, but the first 30 are fucking hilarious and you’re right, he’s next in the crosshairs for sure. This is absolutely savage (and true).

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
31d 15h 14m
This summer has been brutal, have to sleep bare ass with no covers and 3 fans going, fucking GF gives off more heat than Fukushimas molten core. Its been miserable since April.
I concur. We're going to pick up a dehumidifier soon just to make it a little more relaxing to sleep.

Asshat Xequecal

Asshat 2018
64d 14h 54m
let's say these laughable numbers are true (they aren't) but let's assume they are

why would you want to enrich a literal dictator for life who imprisons millions for "re education", has dissidents imprisoned and then murdered and harvests their organs, puts entire society into a panopticon, violated the wto every year it was in it, steals tech from everyone it can, forces all companies to siphon prophets to state companies so their criminal gang can keep running ccp. why would you spend a penny to enrich a literal "dictator for life who murders people" when the mere thought that makes you quiver in your boots is some kid sitting on the floor somewhere?

your soul aches "for the children" but literal murderous dictator oh my god how dare you make me pay two cents extra for that can of soup!"
It's actually a lot of fun to bring up China in the progressive sphere because most progressives actually hate China too and since protectionist tariffs are traditionally left wing, many of them were arguing for tariffs only a few years ago. I've literally had people present multi page arguments arguing that the tariffs are only bad because Trump is implementing them and will tarnish them by association. As in, tariffs are actually good, but when Trump does them they're bad because it means future Presidents won't be able to tariff anymore, as doing so will associate them with Trump.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: khorum, leaf and Tuco

Borzak

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
64d 13h 11m
18years ago today. People were getting up and going to work like any other day.

Also I'm officially old. Starting tomorrow kids not born when 9/11 happened will be 18 and can enlist and vote.

Last edited:

Caliane

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
40d 7h 6m
So without any proof you're just going to claim they're phony numbers?

I can say that it's Tuesday which means it's Taco Tuesday in the Brando household. I usually make Guacamole to go with the tacos and can 100% say that it's at least doubled in price due to Mexican Avocado tariffs.
well considering im a "middle earner" and spend less then 4k/year on items from china in the first place, I'm going to say yes, those numbers are bullshit. I can't help but notice the switch from "consumer" to "middle earner".
Whats a consumer? and how much are those tariffs adding? 25%? so, what consumers are purchasing 16k worth of chinese goods per year?

• 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: Brando and Fogel

Lanx

Golden Baron of the Realm
94d 3h 31m
I'd hate to be one, to wake up today and go.

"Whelp, i'm 18, i can vote now and i'm one of the very few ppl in the world that will NEVER use their birthday in any part of a secret password ever"

ADT:
"ADT, what is your secret pass code"

9/11 boy:
0911!!!

ADT:
"excuse me?"

9/11 boy:
"zero nine eleven!!!, they're in the house hurry!!!"

ADT:
"we got another prank call"
hangs up

• 1Like
Reactions: Chukzombi

zzeris

Vermin Supreme
<Bronze Donator>
52d 11h 6m

This shit has to stop. I don't defend Brown or bad behavior but coming forward a year later after a supposed rape is bullshit. Gold digging whore only wants around $75,000? Files civil suit where the burden of proof is almost zero in today's climate? Never went to the police? The more we encourage this type of terrible behavior, the more it will continue. Of course the media on ESPN are already basically calling him guilty. If we were ever to have civil unrest, I would bomb the fuck out of any media HQ I could find. Those fuckers should be tarred, feathered, and deported to Africa. All of them.