Politics Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Falstaff, Dec 6, 2012.

1. AladainAF Hard truths cut both ways
    SUPER DONOR

AladainAF
    Ratings:
    +4,336
    Yeah, the guy who was right about Russia (everyone laughed at him andObama even told him the "cold war was over"), he was right about terrorists growing in Mali during the Obama years (despite the mediasaying shitlike "Romney can't even find Mali on a map"), he was right about the VA healthcare debacle (Despite being attacked for just wanting to give vets vouchers to get care elsewhere). He was right when he said thatmany wont be able to keep your insurance or doctor if you like them, despite Obama at the time saying that wasn't true andhe got creamed on that claim.

And that's not all. Yeah.. what a fucking horrible alternative.

2. Palum Distrusts Banks, Europe
    DONOR

Palum
    Ratings:
    +9,801
    Being right doesn't make you not-mormon.

3. Mist Well-Known Member

Mist
    Ratings:
    +1,859
    Naming a 90% Muslim country and saying 'there are some terrorists there' or saying that Russians are up to shady shit, or that government will fuck up implementing some large, bureaucratic change doesn't make you Nostradamus.

4. AladainAF Hard truths cut both ways
    SUPER DONOR

AladainAF
    Ratings:
    +4,336
    He didn't say that. He said that on Obamas watch, starting in early 2012, northern Mali has had an influx of Islamic extremists. He didn't say "there be some terrorists up dere". What's funny is he said that Mali was showing up "consistently" in intelligence briefings which means Obama should have been well aware of the same.

Nor did I imply Nostradamus, but it's clear he had a much better handle on things than anyone gave him credit for.

5. fanaskin Well known Agitator
    DONOR

fanaskin
    Ratings:
    +12,900
    The point is though how Obama jumped at the opportunity to ridicule and the snark came out in the liberal base about something they where absolutely fucking wrong about with their smug shitty almost know it all attitudes.

6. Szlia Member
    DONOR

Szlia
    Ratings:
    +224
    The problem with the Mali thing was not that it was wrong. The problem was that it sounded like a bullet point in a memo by his foreign policy prep team that for some reason swallowed the whole page.

7. Arbitrary Well-Known Member

Arbitrary
    Ratings:
    +6,776
    What happened with Mali is especially disappointing because maybe 6-7 years ago they were a real shining beacon when it came to being a predominately Muslim country and the citizens still being free (Mali did great on the different freedom indices for years).

One coup and one rebellion later and it's been hard going since. It's not Yemen or Libya levels of fucked by any stretch but it could end up going down that same bloody road.

8. Mist Well-Known Member

Mist
    Ratings:
    +1,859
    Nobody said Romney was stupid. It was his own party not turning up to vote that lost him the election, if you look at the numbers.

9. Royal Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
    DONOR

Royal
    Ratings:
    +6,301
    It's part of a broader strategy that's been in place since W was in office. He made the same sort of statements repeatedly. Seeing old clips of him saying it seems almost surreal today, given the rhetoric that is coming out of primary on that side.

10. SUPER DONOR

Tuco
    Ratings:
    +15,680
    Making assumptions on the motivations and reasons behind a given vote without knowing the details is a little amateur.

11. SUPER DONOR

Tuco
    Ratings:
    +15,680
    I didn't vote for him because I thought he'd try gutting America like he gutted many of his corporate takeover companies. I would've voted for him if his business experience didn't leave behind a wake of destroyed companies he made huge profits from.

That and his readiness to go to war. It'd be very possible we'd have boots on the ground fighting ISIS in Iraq right now if RMoney was president.

12. SUPER DONOR

Sylas
    Ratings:
    +873
    literally the exact same story as Turkey, pre-erdogan

13. fanaskin Well known Agitator
    DONOR

fanaskin
    Ratings:
    +12,900
    All these neo liberal internationalists (which includes almost all republicans) have been working on this for over a century, they don't believe in nations or borders anymore but they can't tell the people that cause they'd all revolt on them. So for them some murder and death is worth the great Utopian project, that's why they all stick to this bipartisan Washington consensus. they (Washington think tanks and round tables like bookings institute or council on foreign relations ect, the real shadow government) already decided what they're going to do, they're going to very gradually over time dissolve nations and let the corporations become the supreme entity, I bet one day in the future brand loyalty to a corporation is going to matter more to identity than national identity which will disappear and turn into what state identity has become in the US.

14. AladainAF Hard truths cut both ways
    SUPER DONOR

AladainAF
    Ratings:
    +4,336
    Yes they did, I just gave a link right afterward of one of the left's heroes claiming Romney couldn't even find Mali on a map. If that's not implying stupidity, I don't know what is.

And yes, I do agree with you about the second sentence.

15. Picasso3 Mexican Impressionist
    DONOR

Picasso3
    Ratings:
    +3,398
    I couldn't find Mali on a map

16. Karloff_sl shitlord

Karloff_sl
    Ratings:
    +0
    I watched the movie Sahara a few times, I'm good to find Mali on a map.

17. DONOR

TheBeagle
    Ratings:
    +3,211
    We pretty much did say R-money was an empty headed moron born with a silver spoon in his mouth and his entire political success was thanks to his lineage. I seem to remember the consensus around here was that A) - he would run the country like he ran his corporations; gut and sell off to the highest bidder, B) - we would have boots on the ground sooner or later in some far flung shit hole again, and C) - Supreme Court nominations.

Turns out A is a toss up between him and anything Obama has done, B is sounding better and better, there's no doubt R-money's foreign policy would be better than Obama's by default, and C would normally be a home run for any Democrat any year but with the recent slide towards safe spaces and micro-aggressions becoming a thing I'm not even so sure about that any more.

I'm man enough to say that I was wrong in voting for Obama and supporting the Dems by default for so long. I still can't support any candidate that has the stink of the religious right on em, but I'll be damned if I'll continue to support a party that actively wants to castrate this country in the name of tolerance for those that would destroy us.

18. DONOR

TheBeagle
    Ratings:
    +3,211
    Dept. of Justice to investigate Irving clock incident

You guys have 14 months left in power, better get your licks in and enjoy it while it lasts because it will be a long, long time before we elect another black President.

And the little dipshit wasn't actually arrested, fucking journalists these days....

19. Faltigoth Well-Known Member

Faltigoth
    Ratings:
    +90
    I don't think it is going to be quite that long:

[​IMG]