Post your pets

Reactions
32 43 0 0
I seem to remember this from waaaay back and now I can't find one. Always worth a quick look I thought.

I'll start: this is Senator Thompson Burnelli:
S5GyUnU.jpg

I think he's a Norwegian Forest Cat, but I dunno; he followed me home and now lives with us.

quse

the pupe
<Donors Crew>
Reactions
9 0 0 0
Picked up a puppy from the shelter a couple months ago.

Randy Bobandy (the cheeseburger walrus). Mixed breed something or other; shelter claimed lab/terrier, but he's ridiculously hound like.

0orfudx-jpg.1394.jpg

pymaflc-jpg.1395.jpg

0oRFUDx.jpg

PymAfLC.jpg

Last edited:

Zaara

undead fetishist
3d 4h 37m
Reactions
1,595 338 0 0
d94fca45c6c813206a925b3dbd2788de.png

Got a 29 gallon Biocube and a 5g nano tank. I keep mollies, tetras, snails, cichlids, an otto cat, and shrimp. All live plants, just to have an easy low-key gardening hobby too.

e431e3efd6dd2acf539a830232a7a9a2.png
d424bfd0dc920a6ab6d54460b517062e.png

47bdd10af97c3f77049ffba9415a67cb.png

Haus

<Donors Crew>
7d 15h 39m
Reactions
812 88 0 0
wGUzvsT.jpg

Big one is Bordeaux the rott mix who we believe is "special". (As in special sized bus she would ride on)
Weenie dog is Lacy, who actually runs the show around the house and is my enforcer for controlling BOrdeaux when she goes nuts.

Binks

Knight of the Realm
2d 7h 18m
Reactions
125 82 0 0

Buzz being regal and uncooperative.

BoozeCube

<Moderation Tools>
15d 5h 7m
Reactions
29,979 3,489 0 0
This was my dog as a pup, and a couple shots of her now.

IMG_0021.JPG
IMG_0051.JPG
IMG_0128.JPG

IMG_0161.JPG

2015-02-11 07.52.43.jpg

Kreugen

Trakanon Raider
8h 31m
Reactions
728 660 0 0
The Betta fish I've had for a month (my first pet since like, childhood) now jumps half his body length out of the water to catch his food like a damn dog.

The first time he did it I wasn't even sure I really saw what I saw. He caught all 3 fucking pellets at once. Now I've figured out how to get him to repeat it - I just have to wait until he swims to the surface and starts opening and closing his mouth like HURRY UP FUCKFACE.

The food comes in a package that is like a little maze puzzle to solve to help keep you from overfeeding. While I stand there solving for x=3 he goes batshit. When I had my mom practice it (I'm going to the beach for a week) she was taking so long I thought the poor guy was going to hurt himself from spinning like a hurricane.

CSB as to why I have a fish: On a really busy week at work I sent an email stating that I had to go home for the week because my goldfish was sick. I don't have a goldfish, but the joke kept going. His name was Flushy and I had an all night vigil (and thus was too tired to work) and later held a wake (too hung over to work) and so on. Well this was the week before my birthday. So on my b-day the first thing I say is "... you have better not gotten me a fish." They got me a fish.

Thanks to guilt for the jokes I had made about "Flushy" I was more worried about keeping that bugger alive the first few weeks than I was about turning 40. At this point though he doesn't even sulk and play dead for half the day when I change out his water.

I always thought fish were more decoration than pets. But Bettas are a trip.

Sludig

<Donors Crew>
13d 17h 8m
Reactions
1,576 328 0 0
You should try out saltwater fish, big ones can be crazy smart/personality. N

No personality, but I love mandarins. And below is a video of my old tank kinda at the start of going downhill before I had to sell due to a move. (Bit of neglect from 80 hour weeks)
mandarin2.JPG

Vinen

God is dead
<Donors Crew>
1d 4h 33m
Reactions
282 111 0 0
My moo. (she got the nickname fat cow after kids at the dog park started shouting OMG THERE IS A COW DOG)

Olebass

I'm a lead farmer.
<Donors Crew>
19d 17h 56m
Reactions
37,466 1,079 0 0
Deal from Petco appears dead now. One day I will take pictures of my cats

Last edited:

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Moderation Tools>
17d 4h 8m
Reactions
4,844 71 0 0
Going to combine a pet story with a GHBYH story.

Few years back I got a red tail x tiger shovel nose catfish hybrid from a friend who didn't realize how big they could get. Myself at the time, I only had a 225 gallon tank at the time, but it was good enough for the size of the fish at the time. I tried to give this fish away for a little over a year before I decided the hell with it and essentially converted my garage into an indoor pond specifically for this fish. I had the pond running for about 3 years and the fish was almost 4 feet long, truly a beautiful specimen.

Here's where the girl comes in. We had a particularly bad break up, mainly because I don't like her fucking guys who aren't me. This girl breaks into my garage while I'm at work and absolutely destroys my pond and kills my fish. Crazy bitch actually sent me picture of her handiwork which helped the legal case against her. I miss the hell out of that fish, and just frankly haven't had the time or energy to rebuild another enclosure like that again.

xzi

Mouthbreather
<WoW Guild Officer>
2d 21h 14m
Reactions
2,795 374 0 0
From today, storm knocked a big ass branch down and it snapped and fell into our yard. Broke the rest of it off and Daisy couldn't be happier.

pdEfX2s.jpg

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
21d 23h 13m
Reactions
3,225 596 0 0
Dusty.jpg
dustymonster.jpg
Dusty 100.jpg

Mine as a pup, and now. Bed working as intended.

Reactions
21 17 0 0
80 pounds of pure awesomeness, also he will fuck you up.

He likes apples and bitches.

My Sulcata Tortoise.

DNsc8cx.jpg

Zaara

undead fetishist
3d 4h 37m
Reactions
1,595 338 0 0
Here's where the girl comes in. We had a particularly bad break up, mainly because I don't like her fucking guys who aren't me. This girl breaks into my garage while I'm at work and absolutely destroys my pond and kills my fish. Crazy bitch actually sent me picture of her handiwork which helped the legal case against her. I miss the hell out of that fish, and just frankly haven't had the time or energy to rebuild another enclosure like that again.
Holy fucking shit, what?

Being a rip-roaring piece of shit to your fellow man, I can respect that. But cruelty to animals. I just don't get it, at all.

Even just the 'animals are expendable' angle. There's a few guys that work at my local fish store that have a pretty relaxed view on responsible fish keeping. Tank crashes, adding predator fish to community tanks 'just to see what happens', the whole shebang. Same guys that are proponents for cycling a new tank by dropping in fish until they stop dying from ammonia poisoning. Granted I can see getting desensitized to it working at a store that probably sees dozens of dead/dying fish any given month, but shit.

Last edited: