Post Your Pet

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The Betta fish I've had for a month (my first pet since like, childhood) now jumps half his body length out of the water to catch his food like a damn dog.

The first time he did it I wasn't even sure I really saw what I saw. He caught all 3 fucking pellets at once. Now I've figured out how to get him to repeat it - I just have to wait until he swims to the surface and starts opening and closing his mouth like HURRY UP FUCKFACE.

The food comes in a package that is like a little maze puzzle to solve to help keep you from overfeeding. While I stand there solving for x=3 he goes batshit. When I had my mom practice it (I'm going to the beach for a week) she was taking so long I thought the poor guy was going to hurt himself from spinning like a hurricane.

CSB as to why I have a fish: On a really busy week at work I sent an email stating that I had to go home for the week because my goldfish was sick. I don't have a goldfish, but the joke kept going. His name was Flushy and I had an all night vigil (and thus was too tired to work) and later held a wake (too hung over to work) and so on. Well this was the week before my birthday. So on my b-day the first thing I say is "... you have better not gotten me a fish." They got me a fish.

Thanks to guilt for the jokes I had made about "Flushy" I was more worried about keeping that bugger alive the first few weeks than I was about turning 40. At this point though he doesn't even sulk and play dead for half the day when I change out his water.

I always thought fish were more decoration than pets. But Bettas are a trip.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You should try out saltwater fish, big ones can be crazy smart/personality. N

No personality, but I love mandarins. And below is a video of my old tank kinda at the start of going downhill before I had to sell due to a move. (Bit of neglect from 80 hour weeks)
mandarin2.JPG

• 2Like
  • 1Haram
Reactions: 2 users

Vinen

God is dead
My moo. (she got the nickname fat cow after kids at the dog park started shouting OMG THERE IS A COW DOG)

Oldbased

> Than U
Deal from Petco appears dead now. One day I will take pictures of my cats

Last edited:

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
Going to combine a pet story with a GHBYH story.

Few years back I got a red tail x tiger shovel nose catfish hybrid from a friend who didn't realize how big they could get. Myself at the time, I only had a 225 gallon tank at the time, but it was good enough for the size of the fish at the time. I tried to give this fish away for a little over a year before I decided the hell with it and essentially converted my garage into an indoor pond specifically for this fish. I had the pond running for about 3 years and the fish was almost 4 feet long, truly a beautiful specimen.

Here's where the girl comes in. We had a particularly bad break up, mainly because I don't like her fucking guys who aren't me. This girl breaks into my garage while I'm at work and absolutely destroys my pond and kills my fish. Crazy bitch actually sent me picture of her handiwork which helped the legal case against her. I miss the hell out of that fish, and just frankly haven't had the time or energy to rebuild another enclosure like that again.

xzi

Mouthbreather
From today, storm knocked a big ass branch down and it snapped and fell into our yard. Broke the rest of it off and Daisy couldn't be happier.

pdEfX2s.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Haram

Dono

Molten Core Raider
80 pounds of pure awesomeness, also he will fuck you up.

He likes apples and bitches.

My Sulcata Tortoise.

DNsc8cx.jpg

• 18Like
  • 1Haram
Reactions: 18 users

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Here's where the girl comes in. We had a particularly bad break up, mainly because I don't like her fucking guys who aren't me. This girl breaks into my garage while I'm at work and absolutely destroys my pond and kills my fish. Crazy bitch actually sent me picture of her handiwork which helped the legal case against her. I miss the hell out of that fish, and just frankly haven't had the time or energy to rebuild another enclosure like that again.

Holy fucking shit, what?

Being a rip-roaring piece of shit to your fellow man, I can respect that. But cruelty to animals. I just don't get it, at all.

Even just the 'animals are expendable' angle. There's a few guys that work at my local fish store that have a pretty relaxed view on responsible fish keeping. Tank crashes, adding predator fish to community tanks 'just to see what happens', the whole shebang. Same guys that are proponents for cycling a new tank by dropping in fish until they stop dying from ammonia poisoning. Granted I can see getting desensitized to it working at a store that probably sees dozens of dead/dying fish any given month, but shit.

Last edited:

Tim

Molten Core Raider
H8aVE0.jpg

Look at this beautiful motherfucker. I don't know what he is, but this is my pet.

• 3Like
  • 1Haram
Reactions: 3 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Going to combine a pet story with a GHBYH story.

Few years back I got a red tail x tiger shovel nose catfish hybrid from a friend who didn't realize how big they could get. Myself at the time, I only had a 225 gallon tank at the time, but it was good enough for the size of the fish at the time. I tried to give this fish away for a little over a year before I decided the hell with it and essentially converted my garage into an indoor pond specifically for this fish. I had the pond running for about 3 years and the fish was almost 4 feet long, truly a beautiful specimen.

Not the first time I've heard of dumb fucking cunts going after animals after a breakup. I hope it never happens to me, because honestly I might attempt to skip the law since the penalties are small and just do the 1 year after torture and killing.

But that's just me, hurting innocents/helpless animal or human breaks out the Punisher mentality for me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Garthax

Trakanon Raider
20150328_181742-2-1.jpg

Here is Sandie with her 2nd set of pups

20160125_081132.jpg

Here is Dottie, one of Sandies pups 1 1/2 years later

20160321_133832.jpg

The pups are Dotties. Otis, the grandpa is the one on the ground having fun with the grand kids. Buster the dad to the pups is upper right

• 2Like
  • 1Haram

rad

Lord of Guk
Holy fucking shit, what?

Being a rip-roaring piece of shit to your fellow man, I can respect that. But cruelty to animals. I just don't get it, at all.

Even just the 'animals are expendable' angle. There's a few guys that work at my local fish store that have a pretty relaxed view on responsible fish keeping. Tank crashes, adding predator fish to community tanks 'just to see what happens', the whole shebang. Same guys that are proponents for cycling a new tank by dropping in fish until they stop dying from ammonia poisoning. Granted I can see getting desensitized to it working at a store that probably sees dozens of dead/dying fish any given month, but shit.

Anyone using something other than guppies to cycle a tank are fucking morons.

Very good friend of mine owns a LFS and the SW side of the industry probably just needs to die off. FW is sustainable - most of the fish are farm raised whereas SW is damn near 100% sourced. But the sad reality of the industry is most of these fish die off before they're even placed. As you mentioned, you become pretty desensitized.

EDIT - Few pics of tanks over the years
fish1.jpg
fish2.jpg
fish3.jpg

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Haram