Power Rangers (2017)

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Power Rangers

Tagline: Together we are more.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: Dean Israelite

Cast: Dacre Montgomery, Naomi Scott, RJ Cyler, Becky G, Ludi Lin, Bill Hader, Bryan Cranston, Elizabeth Banks, David Denman, Caroline Cave, Anjali Jay, Patrick Sabongui, Erica Cerra, Kayden Magnuson, Sarah Grey, Emily Maddison, Jaime M. Callica, Matt Shively, Garry Chalk, Fred Tatasciore, Jason David Frank, Amy Jo Johnson, Fiona Vroom, Lisa Berry, Morgan Taylor Campbell, Clayton Chitty, Ranjit Samra

Release: 2017-03-24

Plot: Saban’s Power Rangers follows five ordinary high school kids who must become something extraordinary when they learn that their small town of Angel Grove – and the world – is on the verge of being obliterated by an alien threat. Chosen by destiny, our heroes quickly discover that they are the only ones who can save the planet. But to do so they will have to overcome their real-life issues and band together as the Power Rangers before it is too late.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
This is the sequel to the fantastic four reboot.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I hate origin movies, cause it will take up way too much of the time and we're obviously not going to get the mother fucking Dragonzord this movie either.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
looks just dreadful. Worst most cliche teaser/trailer, I've seen in a while.

Actually having super powers is a nice addition though.
Of course seens showing this are again, absurdly cliche.. breaking sink, jumping over cliff.

Gives me Jem movie vibes.

Last edited:

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
looks just dreadful. Worst most cliche teaser/trailer, I've seen in a while.

Actually having super powers is a nice addition though.
Of course seens showing this are again, absurdly cliche.. breaking sink, jumping over cliff.

Gives me Jem movie vibes.
that was the only good part about that trailer for me. it was cheesy and cliche.
that's all I want.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
This picture is shown on other related videos right after the trailer was over, even though it wasn't actually in the trailer itself.

f8UkQyO.png

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I'd be kind of hyped if the suits didn't look like shitty Iron Man rip-offs.

They should have gotten this guy to do them. At least they resemble the originals.

carlos-dattoli-power-rangers-todos-cuerpo-completo-bueno.jpg

carlos-dattoli-rangers-todos.jpg

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
And based off of the trailer, as well as that picture I linked, Billy Cranston (the nerdy blue ranger) is now the black guy. Where as Zack Taylor (the black ranger) is now an... asian guy? I can't tell. The picture looks asian at least.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
And based off of the trailer, as well as that picture I linked, Billy Cranston (the nerdy blue ranger) is now the black guy. Where as Zack Taylor (the black ranger) is now an... asian guy? I can't tell. The picture looks asian at least.

The second Black Ranger was an asian guy. Ya know like season 3ish when they replaced half the cast because of a contract dispute?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Red ranger is typical white guy
Pink ranger is typical white girl
Black ranger is asian guy
Blue ranger is gay black guy
Yellow ranger is spanish girl
power-rangers-2017-movie-costumes-photo.jpe

rita-repulsa-power-rangers-movie.jpg

hmm, guess i never saw Rita's Madonna torpedo boobs as a kid.

This is as different a reimagining as the ‘Batman’ television series as it became the ‘Batman’ movie series. You can’t compare those two, and nor can you compare this movie version of the ‘Power Rangers’ to that television series. It’s unrecognizable for the most part. There are tenets of the folklore that you hold onto for sure, but the inspiration is different, and the sensibility of it, and the approach to the film making is completely different. -Cranston

Last edited:

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
So according to that trailer, The Breakfast Club gets superpowers?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database