Blackwing Lair Raider
Reactions
123 13 0 0
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Preacher

Genre: Comedy, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2016-05-22

Creator: Sam Catlin, Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg

Cast: Dominic Cooper, Ruth Negga, Joseph Gilgun, Ian Colletti, Graham McTavish, Julie Ann Emery, Pip Torrens

Overview: A preacher sets out on a mission to make the almighty himself confess his sin of abandoning the world. With his best friend Cassidy, an alcoholic Irish vampire, his love Tulip, a red blooded gun towing Texan, and the power of genesis, an unholy child born from an angel and a devil, Jesse gives up everything to set the world straight with its creator.

Grimmlokk

Blackwing Lair Raider
Reactions
123 13 0 0
[SERIES][TVPOSTER] View attachment 98561 [/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Preacher[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First Aired:

Overview: A preacher sets out on a mission to make the almighty himself confess his sin of abandoning the world. With his best friend Cassidy, an alcoholic Irish vampire, his love Tulip, a red blooded gun towing Texan, and the power of genesis, an unholy child born from an angel and a devil, Jesse gives up everything to set the world straight with its creator. Written by John Simmons.[/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Report: AMC Adapting Preacher Comic Book Series Once Deemed 'Too Controversial' for TV - Yahoo TV

Any chance this doesn't get royally fucked up?

Quineloe

<Donors Crew>
3d 20h 30m
Reactions
1,187 166 0 0
AMC has a solid track record when it comes to comic book adaptations for TV, so I'm gonna go with them staying true to that.

Adebisi

What a time to be alive
<Donors Crew>
8d 12h 45m
Reactions
23,649 1,189 0 0
It'll get fucked up.

Adebisi

What a time to be alive
<Donors Crew>
8d 12h 45m
Reactions
23,649 1,189 0 0
Goddamn face transplant technology. Perfect arsefaces ruined.

Rime

Lord Nagafen Raider
5d 7h 28m
Reactions
550 43 0 0
I am not sure how they can stay true to the source material when they are going to have to censor a large portion of it...

Quineloe

<Donors Crew>
3d 20h 30m
Reactions
1,187 166 0 0
I am not sure how they can stay true to the source material when they are going to have to censor a large portion of it...
I thought cable didn't have to censor content?

Chukzombi

Slayer of Kerafyrm
50d 10h 15m
Reactions
72,878 3,786 0 0
You cant say fuck on basic cable

Goatface

Molten Core Raider
10d 3h 41m
Reactions
616 71 0 0
it will end up extremely neutered, will be a sad shell of the book.

i think FX pushes the limit a little more for basic cable, but still don't think they would allow half of it.

Reactions
2 1 0 0
I don't think a channel like AMC legally has to abide by FCC regulations but they do run the risk of having advertisers withdrawing support. This show is ultra violent and raunchy like someone said and belongs on HBO or Cinemax.

chaos

nazi mods fuck off
<Donors Crew>
6d 3h 1m
Reactions
2,109 187 0 0
Yeah, I don't understand how this can happen. The violence isn't even the part that is going to be most censored. How can you tell a story that you can't actually tell without losing all of your sponsors?

Goatface

Molten Core Raider
10d 3h 41m
Reactions
616 71 0 0
not read the book in years...
but would the Grail be that objectionable if the Messiah was just a normal kid?

OneofOne

Molten Core Raider
11d 5h 51m
Reactions
584 86 0 0
Yeah, I don't understand how this can happen. The violence isn't even the part that is going to be most censored. How can you tell a story that you can't actually tell without losing all of your sponsors?
My thoughts exactly. It was always going to be a "I'll believe it when I see it" even when HBO was is talks over it, but AMC? Just don't see it.

Reactions
4 0 0 0
Also don't see it. With that said, I think they could pull a decent mini-series or couple seasons out of entire thing, and leave behind some of the wilder stuff.

chaos

nazi mods fuck off
<Donors Crew>
6d 3h 1m
Reactions
2,109 187 0 0
The entire premise is really wild. I mean...

... they kill god. That is like the big climax, that god is kind of a dick and they kill him, and we go on without god. No way that gets done with justice in any movie/tv incarnation certainly, but putting it on basic cable is just acknowledging that they have no intention of actually following the story.

I'm not really taking this seriously. When it was HBO I could believe it, AMC though? No fucking way. They optioned this shit based on a cool sounding premise or something, once the network brass gets wind of what is involved here it will be out to pasture again.

Reactions
4 0 0 0
I could see them covering the spoilered stuff. It'd be controversial, but edgy. It's been a while since I've read it, but I was thinking more along the lines of the (KKK?) runt guy that makes meat figures, and some of Star's sex stuff. The first trade paper back, the one where he goes home and fights his brothers, that stuff would work.

I need to reread it.

Reactions
42 3 0 0
The first time a Spigotdick is ever seen on screen?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
<Donors Crew>
5d 8h 9m
Reactions
1,504 262 0 0
AMC could do a bunch of off screen stuff I guess, they have a lot of really fucked up drama to work with between his girlfriend and brothers/supernatural friend. Would love to see the gunslinger in live action too.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database