Primal

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Primal

Genre: Action & Adventure, Animation

First aired: 2019-10-07

Creator: Genndy Tartakovsky

Cast: Aaron LaPlante

Overview: A caveman forms a bond with a dinosaur as they struggle to survive in a hostile world.

Gask

This was a great 5 episode first season about a caveman and his dinosaur surviving in a brutal world. Not a single word is spoken throughout and it was fantastic; it's the kind of animated show that I've wanted since I was a boy, looking at Japan with envy for what they can get away with. I wish the guys who did Korgoth would pitch it again to Adult Swim, maybe they'd have better luck today.

primal.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Second half of the first season started on Sunday. Still great and definitely worth your time.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
100% Just watched the new ep yesterday. Gory and delightful. Just like the first season.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I wish the guys who did Korgoth would pitch it again to Adult Swim, maybe they'd have better luck today.

The Korgoth pilot episode was hilarious and I couldn't believe it didn't get picked up

"I've dated girls uglier than you for breakfast"

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Streaming source for this?

Edit: Nvm, wife's HBO Max sub is still active.

Last edited:

Dashkett

Trakanon Raider
watchcartoononline.io has them, though it now redirects to www.wcostream.com, same thing. I believe I discovered the site in one of the anime threads here a year or so ago.

They just recently blocked people from using adblock, but I'm not finding the ads too in my face and once an episode is launched and you fullscreen you don't see any.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Season 2 starts on July 21st with the first 2 new episodes.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

bolok

Trakanon Raider
They've been reshowing them on adult swim recently as well, if you haven't manager to watch them already.
The previous one's that is. They're really quite good.

• 1Like

Goatface

this season has been crazy. didn't really care of the 1800's england one, but the rest have been epic.

• 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
This is a real good show. Has a Conan vibe. Both seasons are good, but my favorite episodes were in the first season. People need to watch this. Episode Plague of Rage and also Episode Night Feeder I found VERY haunting. The creators really know how to express fear/terror in the animals and make you feel empathy for them.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
So I guess this show is done. I thought the finale was pretty bad. Like easily the worst episode of the series bad.

That does not change the fact that it was a great show for 90% of its very limited run.

• 1Solidarity

Ome

Molten Core Raider
I agree that the final battle left a lot to be desired but overall a great show. From my understanding the creator wants to continue Primal but with different storylines such as aliens or whatever with the same style of low dialog etc that Primal was about.

• 1Like

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
13997-jflPzxYbM4MxxCppo2AbvSbTOLm.jpg

Title: Primal

Genre: Action & Adventure, Animation, Drama

Creator: Genndy Tartakovsky

Cast: Aaron LaPlante

First aired: 2019-10-08

Overview: A caveman forms a bond with a dinosaur as they struggle to survive in a hostile world.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
This show is dope AF and it’s amazing how much story Genndy Tartarovsky (the guy who did Samurai Jack) can tell with zero dialogue (in season 1 at least).

Season 2 is more story driven with a continuous plot whereas season 1 is more episodic.

Gask

• 1Solidarity

bolok

Trakanon Raider
I feel that the last episode was a bit weird, but I'm ultimately happy with Spear's arc. The "big fight" was lame on it's face, but I think it was always a macguffin. Ultimately, he had his hero's journey, and redepmption arc as it was- and he did quite well at it. I think the complaints would be less if they did an extended episode for the finale. Which given adult swim- they could have fit another 15 or 30 mins in with little problem. All that said, the second series was great, and a little bit more violent than I was expecting for Adult Swim- all things considered.
Also those Baby dino's are absurdly cute.

It seems to be very wrapped up. But you could easily anthologize it again after the finale, but another time setting seems more likely as the poster above implied. I've been a fan of Genndy for ages, so I hope he continues making more "adult" stuff. He's certainly made all the fucktons of monies with the Sandler Transylvania movies and really shouldn't have any immediate budget concerns.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database