Prisoners (2013)

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Prisoners (2013)

Tagline: Every moment matters.

Genre: Drama, Thriller, Crime

Director: Denis Villeneuve

Cast: Hugh Jackman, Jake Gyllenhaal, Paul Dano, Maria Bello, Melissa Leo, Viola Davis, Terrence Howard, Dylan Minnette, Zoë Borde, Wayne Duvall, David Dastmalchian, Len Cariou, Sandra Ellis Lafferty, Erin Gerasimovich, Kyla Drew Simmons, Brad James, Anthony Reynolds, Robert C. Treveiler, Victoria Staley, Todd Truley, Brian Daye, Alisa Harris, Robert Mello, Jeff Pope, Rodrick Goins, Mark Drum, Lana Yoo, Pam Smith, Gloria Webber, Michelle Keller, John Atwood, Stacy Melich, J. Omar Castro, Jane McNeill

Release: 2013-09-18

Runtime: 153

Plot: When Keller Dover's daughter and her friend go missing, he takes matters into his own hands as the police pursue multiple leads and the pressure mounts. But just how far will this desperate father go to protect his family?

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
just got back from this movie. didn't see any post about this one so thought i'd start it. hugh jackman was awesome. the movie was way better than i thought it would be. it had some really intense moments. kind of fell apart a little bit toward the end (story got kind of convoluted and was probably 20 minutes or so longer than it needed to be), but the ending was brilliant. probably the best movie i've seen in the theaters since "the king's speech" and that was like 3 years ago. overall, i give it a solid B.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
You give it more than a solid B. You give it acapitalB! Something that, as all can see, is exceptional coming from you.
hu44G.gif

Raign

Golden Squire
Saw it at TIFF, it was excellent. One of the better movies I saw at the festival (or in the theater) this year.

Troll_sl

shitlord
Excellent movie.

The only thing I could say was wrong with it was the pacing, which was just atadslow at times. I think it may have been a conscious thing on the part of the director, to make everything seem more deliberate, but there were a few places where I thought they should have just moved on.

But other than that, a must-see for movies this year (be it in theaters or elsewhere).

Column_sl

shitlord
Loved it. Great Blanc Noir detective thriller.
We need more of these Hollywood!

They did this great thing about 30 min in where they make the audience feel like they have solved everything when they interview the priest, and then you realize how off you were in the end.
Too bad it will be overshadowed by Gravity, cause it was a hidden gem of a movie.

I normally don't like sequels, but Jakes character was really enjoyable to watch so hope we see him on another case.

DMK_sl

shitlord
This movie was un-fucken-believable. Hugh Jackman was a powerhouse and Jake was all finesse. One of my favorite movies of the year. The emotion this movie pulls out of you is huge. I really enjoyed gravity but I feel this movie is MUCH better.

Gadrel_sl

shitlord
Loved this movie, especially the following:

When the little girl tells Hugh Jackman, "You were there." This makes the audience think that he kidnapped the kids, especially when the movie instantly cuts to Jackman's dilapidated apartment building. I thought it was going to be a serious mindfuck about him having multiple personalities or something.

Szlia

This was very solid. You can have a couple nit-pick about the police work (see spoiler below), but it was both a solid drama and a solid investigation movie. Great cinematography also.

The maze pendant was very obvious during the discovery of the abductor's corpse, so it seems like very tame police work to not make the link immediately. Also not going straight to the Dover when "Alex" disappears seems odd... as is not closing the box full of snakes you just opened! But that's nit-picking when you consider the overall elegance of the plot (like having Alex/Barry stop the RV by his childhood house).

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Hmm this movie sounds familiar. Almost like we discussed it before...

I'm not a prisoner, I'm a free man! My blood is my own now!

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's a pretty good movie, but what happened

when gyllenhal caught wolverine beating up the kid in the broken down building. it just skipped ahead for me

faille

Molten Core Raider
I thought it was pretty good, but not great. Felt very similar to Mystic River but not as good.

sonicmaster

Molten Core Raider
I knew nothing about the movie when I went see it and it was a very pleasant surprise. Agnt. Loki character was pretty great.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database