Pro Tip's for Preparing for Agnarr

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Post your pro tips here.

I have a little tip for anyone wanting to get their feet wet before the server launches.

If you go in to option in the launcher you can change from Live Version to Test Version.

Once on the test server you can make a character and as soon as you leave Glooming Deep type /testbuffme. This instantly grants you level 25 and a full set of classic era gear for your class.

Xp on this server is 150% so you can get to 50 asap and test things out without having to farm any gear and get a feel for your class, find xp routes etc.

Also if anyone wants to test a melee character and doesnt want to hassle I have a Fungi Tunic on a live server I would be willing to copy over as many times as needed, so just ask.

You can also get mercs here to make leveling hella easy.

Thrudd

Silver Knight of the Realm
This is good in theory, but for how fast we are leveling through to 50, we won't have alot of this gear most likely

Zaide

TLP Idealist
We're for sure going to be mostly naked. We will outlevel a lot of camps before we reap much benefit from named without getting lucky. On the plus side we've got the ability to buy shit in general chat from people behind us and have them parcel it to us.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
This is good in theory, but for how fast we are leveling through to 50, we won't have alot of this gear most likely

True. But it lets you visit classic zones in era appropriate gear. It's been a long time for me so its nice to test things out.

Also maybe the increased xp rate would be handy for testing leveling paths. You can still hit up the correct zones but spend less time there for testing's sake.

I wouldn't mind doing a dry run to 20 or so a week or two before launch.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
why dont you guys just take your time and enjoy the journey of leveling and adventuring instead of being a bunch of min-maxing autists again?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
why dont you guys just take your time and enjoy the journey of leveling and adventuring instead of being a bunch of min-maxing autists again?

My wife won't fuck me unless i'm the best at Everquest.

tumblr_m1skfss2K41qb05fno1_500.gif

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

alavaz

Trakanon Raider

We're racing other autists to be the first to kill pixel dargons.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Shit best pro tip is turn in your note at level 1 to your GM and then sell your tunic / robe for spell money $$$

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

Doing it as quick as possible is pretty much the only challenge left in this 18 year old game.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
We're for sure going to be mostly naked. We will outlevel a lot of camps before we reap much benefit from named without getting lucky. On the plus side we've got the ability to buy shit in general chat from people behind us and have them parcel it to us.

We just need one person to commit to crafting a certain something and it will be enough Krono to fund the entire guild in classic. Not really sure if you plan on tracking and racing open world but if that's the plan we're gonna need an alchemist to level as well asap.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
We just need one person to commit to crafting a certain something and it will be enough Krono to fund the entire guild in classic. Not really sure if you plan on tracking and racing open world but if that's the plan we're gonna need an alchemist to level as well asap.

Yeah we will have most tradeskills covered. Obviously big ones are alchemy, jc, research. We will get the deity idols as well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noahx

N00b

Yeah we will have most tradeskills covered. Obviously big ones are alchemy, jc, research. We will get the deity idols as well.

I built this for JC - still a work in progress. It's pretty simple and gets people information about what is avail - I was hoping to build an actual website to facilitate "shopping" but nothing lets you build custom currency (any ideas?). Guild combines at cost etc so ignore the pricing.

A LOT of new people are coming back... if we have something similar for other crafting, people might be able to plan accordingly and have the proper items for raids (cure potions, right resist gear, best crafted avail).

Tactician

Ancient
Grumpus Grumpus do you have a copy of that never loot list you could upload to dropbox? My group is doing a test grind tomorrow morning

• 1Like

Sarrow

<Gold Donor>
I've typically always played "good" races but was thinking of going troll SHM/SK this go around (probably not very unique but whatever). Any good tips for getting money or gearing those type of chars early on? Beyond Guk I'm not as familiar with the evil starting zones compared to other areas.

Mur

Trakanon Raider
I've typically always played "good" races but was thinking of going troll SHM/SK this go around (probably not very unique but whatever). Any good tips for getting money or gearing those type of chars early on? Beyond Guk I'm not as familiar with the evil starting zones compared to other areas.

Are you going all out perma-group to 50, or just casually leveling up? What is "early on"? 15 and under?

Perma-Group I'd say don't worry about it, you won't be around there long enough to have anything around matter, and the rest of this post wont be helpful.

Filthy Casual Soloist like me? First, loot everything that stacks; if it's not a weapon or armor and doesn't stack, leave it. (unless quest item) Feerott is better than Innothule for cash, everything drops a ton of shit. Feerott has vendors in zone which is nice when you get encumbered.

Kill every Froglok and Lizard you see; you'll have most slots filled in an hour. Kobolds drop containers which are useful (obviously) and worth decent coin. Keep your bear pelts if you care about tailoring. (If your just taking it easy on leveling, don't discount the patchwork armor. It's good enough to let you tank several yellows solo vs dying to one at the level 10 range. AC is King.)(Also sharpen your rusty weapons, it makes a difference)

If Troll, keep bone chips, froglok tad flesh, froglok meat, spore mushrooms for newb quests.
If Ogre keep lizard meat, scout fifes, lizard mystic dolls, froglok meat, lizard tails (from rathe mtns), for newb quests.
For both, keep fire beetle eyes for Grobb 2ac earrings.

At 5th, (or earlier if you plan to stay there), run to your neighbor city and bind. Use suicide and origin to move between them, (If Ogre don't try to bank in Grobb, you will be killed by Shaman GM). Even at 10th level a suicide is only about 1% which you can make up faster than it would take to run from one city to the other. This is really helpful if smithing, as Grobb has molds Oggok doesn't, and vice versa. By level 10 you should have enough plat to level smithing to 100+ for Banded if you choose to do so.

Feerott main gets slow at 7th, move to swamp to guk entrance. 8th can move into UGuk entry rooms, or to Kobold Hunter area. 10th+ move to far side or river in Feerott, Crocs in UGuk, or Orcs in SRo.

If you are grouping, adjust levels accordingly.

I have leveled SK,SHM,WAR for both Grobb and Oggok to 10+ over the last few days solo. Ogre Warrior was the fastest to 10, and had the most plat as well. Troll SHM was next to 10, and probably would have been fastest if I hadn't gone to Neriak for necklace quest start. Traveling to find a better exp spot generally was just a huge waste of time as well. Pretty much any combo will be easy to solo to 20 in a few casual days.

Well that's a bunch of info you probably already know, but if not I hope it helps.

• 1Like

Sneeto

Golden Squire
Great post Mur, I'll mimic that as a dwarf pal I think. Any experience with BBM and surrounding areas like the above post?

Sarrow

<Gold Donor>
Are you going all out perma-group to 50, or just casually leveling up? What is "early on"? 15 and under?

Perma-Group I'd say don't worry about it, you won't be around there long enough to have anything around matter, and the rest of this post wont be helpful.

Filthy Casual Soloist like me? First, loot everything that stacks; if it's not a weapon or armor and doesn't stack, leave it. (unless quest item) Feerott is better than Innothule for cash, everything drops a ton of shit. Feerott has vendors in zone which is nice when you get encumbered.

Kill every Froglok and Lizard you see; you'll have most slots filled in an hour. Kobolds drop containers which are useful (obviously) and worth decent coin. Keep your bear pelts if you care about tailoring. (If your just taking it easy on leveling, don't discount the patchwork armor. It's good enough to let you tank several yellows solo vs dying to one at the level 10 range. AC is King.)(Also sharpen your rusty weapons, it makes a difference)

If Troll, keep bone chips, froglok tad flesh, froglok meat, spore mushrooms for newb quests.
If Ogre keep lizard meat, scout fifes, lizard mystic dolls, froglok meat, lizard tails (from rathe mtns), for newb quests.
For both, keep fire beetle eyes for Grobb 2ac earrings.

At 5th, (or earlier if you plan to stay there), run to your neighbor city and bind. Use suicide and origin to move between them, (If Ogre don't try to bank in Grobb, you will be killed by Shaman GM). Even at 10th level a suicide is only about 1% which you can make up faster than it would take to run from one city to the other. This is really helpful if smithing, as Grobb has molds Oggok doesn't, and vice versa. By level 10 you should have enough plat to level smithing to 100+ for Banded if you choose to do so.

Feerott main gets slow at 7th, move to swamp to guk entrance. 8th can move into UGuk entry rooms, or to Kobold Hunter area. 10th+ move to far side or river in Feerott, Crocs in UGuk, or Orcs in SRo.

If you are grouping, adjust levels accordingly.

I have leveled SK,SHM,WAR for both Grobb and Oggok to 10+ over the last few days solo. Ogre Warrior was the fastest to 10, and had the most plat as well. Troll SHM was next to 10, and probably would have been fastest if I hadn't gone to Neriak for necklace quest start. Traveling to find a better exp spot generally was just a huge waste of time as well. Pretty much any combo will be easy to solo to 20 in a few casual days.

Well that's a bunch of info you probably already know, but if not I hope it helps.

That helps a lot, thanks Mur!

Part of me still wants to take a few days off and really hardcore it up but I think those days have to be behind me at this point so I'll probably filthy casual it up.