Second Life 2.0

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Sansar open beta was just announced. Obviously, it's going to be a mad rush to create, as first to market will probably do well no matter what you do. 3D Creators go nuts. :)

You can check it out at www.sansar.com

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I hope you find your second fortune in the second second life

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
Move this to screenshots so that people can upload previews of their vagina-nippled, feet-for-hands, spider waifus. In their upside-down, no gravity, sticky web ceiling brothel.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
And as expected, it was a gigantic and massive flop, less than 10 people logged on at times. It sure was beautiful though. Linden Lab is now selling it off and will focus all their attention on Second Life instead (which honestly, is what they should have done in the first place. Several people have invested thousands of dollars into their SL avis/stuff and nothing carried over to their new platform - it was doomed from the start).

Everything in video is user created in Sansar in VR. It had potential, but it was squandered.

• 2Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Are people still making money off second life? Seems like everything that could be made would have been made by now.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Are people still making money off second life? Seems like everything that could be made would have been made by now.

Yes. It's WAY harder today though, unless you're a professional. Technologies change, including in SL. When new things happen, new stuff gets made. Animesh was one of the recent ones.

1582655757255.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Mother of God

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
So you can have little autonomous script driven dancers in your store and such?

Yeah, you can rig them in blender or whatever, then drop an animation into it and have a script play the animation. Animations in SL are very professional, some sellers use complete mocap and hire dancers to make and they use BVH files, which is (as i understand it) fairly industry standard.

Prior to Animesh, the big thing was bento which was a completely re-done avatar skeleton. Therefore, all avis, heads, paws/hands/tentacles (?), tails, animations, etc etc all could be "redone" for the new skeleton, etc.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I recommend rounding up a group of friends and all diving in together for one night just to see it. The group of friends I took still talks about all the crazy stuff we saw.

Sadly you can't stream it on twitch. I don't know what happened to get it banned but I can imagine.

VRChat is probably right on the edge. It has similar problems.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I recommend rounding up a group of friends and all diving in together for one night just to see it. The group of friends I took still talks about all the crazy stuff we saw.

Sadly you can't stream it on twitch. I don't know what happened to get it banned but I can imagine.

VRChat is probably right on the edge. It has similar problems.

I had a thread about SL and how to make money somewhere in the grown up area. Its definitely a fucked up world, but like I said in the other thread, you just become desensitized to it. If you're going after SL to make money, you don't generally judge what people get/want/look like/etc. You just create what's necessary.

You can't stream it on twitch because of reasons you normally wouldn't think about. The creations inside of Second Life are not owned by Linden Lab, but rather by the creator of said creation. There is a machinima policy that states:

Policy said:
(c) Other Intellectual Property Licenses
It’s important to remember that the Licenses are only copyright licenses for the 3D content we created that is displayed in-world. They do not include any permission to use the trademarks of Linden Lab or Residents, and they do not give any copyright permission to use music or sound recordings that may be performed in-world. They also do not give any copyright permission to use any website or video content that may be streamed from outside the Second Life virtual world environment.

If the content that you capture is subject to any trademark, service mark, trade dress, publicity rights, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights, you must obtain the necessary licenses and permissions to use the content, and you use it at your own risk.

For general information on intellectual property, please see our Intellectual Property Policy. If you seek legal advice about a specific situation, we suggest contacting a lawyer. Linden Lab cannot provide you with legal advice.

This goes both ways. If you are a DJ in world, for example, and you play music in a club, you technically need permission to do so. Sending all that to twitch would be subject to the same issues. Therefore, twitch doesn't allow streaming of SL for this reason.

This is why you do not see streams of Second Life almost anywhere.

• 2Like

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Yes. It's WAY harder today though, unless you're a professional. Technologies change, including in SL. When new things happen, new stuff gets made. Animesh was one of the recent ones.

View attachment 251107

This is both disturbing and infurryating (yes...I know)

Bruh, what got you paid 44.000 USD in a fuckin month?

Did you animate a walrus fucking a t-rex that has bolted on tiddays?

If so, I'm telling my wife to put her application in with you, get some money from her art degree.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
This goes both ways. If you are a DJ in world, for example, and you play music in a club, you technically need permission to do so. Sending all that to twitch would be subject to the same issues. Therefore, twitch doesn't allow streaming of SL for this reason.

This is why you do not see streams of Second Life almost anywhere.

Ehhh, I'm guessing it's less that and more the toeing the line of pedophilia.

Same reason twitch bans just about anything that could end up with a dick or twat flying at viewers unless it's """"""STORY DRIVEN"""""