Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 4 Votes
Title: Prospect (2018)

Tagline: No one survives alone

Genre: Science Fiction

Director: Zeek Earl, Christopher Caldwell

Cast: Sophie Thatcher, Pedro Pascal, Jay Duplass, Andre Royo, Sheila Vand, Anwan Glover, Christopher Morson

Release: 2018-10-02

Runtime: 98

Plot: A teenage girl and her father travel to a remote alien moon, aiming to strike it rich. They've secured a contract to harvest a large deposit of the elusive gems hidden in the depths of the moon's toxic forest. But there are others roving the wilderness and the job quickly devolves into a fight to survive.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Rented from Amazon last night, I really like this movie. Pretty cool 80's space movie vibe.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Still not sure how I feel about this movie, but I would definitely suggest watching it. Feels straight out of a 70's style SciFi novel with modern imaginations.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I don't know what it was about this movie (fairly "simple" and straight forward), but I fucking loved every bit of it. Probably one of my favorite sci-fi flicks from the last 5 years or so.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
if you're not sure about this move, just fast forward to when oberyn appears, before that, it's boring as shit.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty good low-key SciFi flick with interesting setup and good actors. Definitely a watch if you hated both Prometheus and Covenant.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Definitely a good flick. I wasn't expecting much, but walked away satisfied.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
This was great. Rather unique setting with a unique look to it. Pascal playing Mal Reynolds with fewer morals was fun to watch.

Recommend it for any SciFi fan or people tired of the same old shit.

On Netflix as well.

Argarth

On the verandah
Liked it a lot. Unusual, visceral feel to it, and I really had no idea where the plot was headed. Highly recommended.

Still streaming in Australia. Seems pretty weird that it would be de-listed in the US.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Downloaded and watched this the other night. I liked it, the retro style of it was cool.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Watched it - I really like the lead actor, he was good in Triple Frontier as well. I liked how the background science fiction in the movie was subtle and never really explained to any extent - you just gathered it through activity and tangential dialogue. Nice to not have it shoved down your throat. Like they can breathe but only through "filters". Like when it looked like the Dad was grinding up coffee early in the movie and you find out later when the girl rushes to reload the thrower that it was "ammo" or "charges". Interesting stuff.

It definitely kept me interested, I finished it over lunch at work. I give it a 7.5/10 or so. Didn't dazzle overly much but did not disappoint.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Watched it - I really like the lead actor, he was good in Triple Frontier as well.
he's Oberyn, like the only good GOT character at this point
f9574f5a838f6bb9a32833c8c9163bc2.gif

if you liked him, he was really good in Narcos and we'll probably swoon over him in the mandalorian

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database