PS4 games for our kids

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I got a PS4 been collecting dust, so I hooked it up for my almost 7 yo son. Looking at games, was curious if anyone had suggestions for age appropriate games, or ones we can play together without me stabbing myself in the eye. I know I'm not the only parent here.

Son is pretty damn smart. Has yet to meet a Lego set he can't put together, regardless of complexity, etc etc. He's a real thinker/problem solver.

Anyway, so far I'm looking at Gauntlet, Rocket League Collectors Ed, and Transformers Devastation.

Anyone have suggestions, or want to poo poo these? Was looking at a Lego Minecraft-type game, but seems too buggy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Slithum

Nil Satis, Nisi Optimum
Everybody's Golf
Yooka-Laylee
Sonic Mania
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
Any Lego game
Knack and Knack 2
LittleBigPlanet 3
Rayman Legends
Ratchet & Clank
Spyro: Reignited Trilogy
Hasbro Family Fun Pack
Skylanders: Imaginators ( If you can find this )

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
God of War. That way you can start calling him Boy in a deep voice and he'll get the reference. Also Conan Exiles.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I got a PS4 been collecting dust, so I hooked it up for my almost 7 yo son. Looking at games, was curious if anyone had suggestions for age appropriate games, or ones we can play together without me stabbing myself in the eye. I know I'm not the only parent here.

Son is pretty damn smart. Has yet to meet a Lego set he can't put together, regardless of complexity, etc etc. He's a real thinker/problem solver.

Anyway, so far I'm looking at Gauntlet, Rocket League Collectors Ed, and Transformers Devastation.

Anyone have suggestions, or want to poo poo these? Was looking at a Lego Minecraft-type game, but seems too buggy.

Monster Hunter World.

Then Bloodborne and Dark Souls. Teach him the taste of victory through perseverance!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL I started my kids off on platformers and shit. Back in those times the xbox with the connect thing was a thing and they had those stulid dance games, and others like bowling and shit, they enjoyed those too. But man, its a slippery slope though. Soon after they were asking me for CODs and shit, and later GTA5 because all their buddies had it. Now being a gemer myself I had no issue with it, but my wife sure did until we converted her.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
The PS is not very kid friendly. They've listed most of them. I'd say Lego Worlds and Minecraft are your obvious first choice. Monster Hunter World would be good fun if he had the motor skills.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
The Lego games are all pretty good. Pick one out that you like the IP for since I'm sure he'll dig it no matter what.

• 2Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Everybody's Golf
Yooka-Laylee
Sonic Mania
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
Any Lego game
Knack and Knack 2
LittleBigPlanet 3
Rayman Legends
Ratchet & Clank
Spyro: Reignited Trilogy
Hasbro Family Fun Pack
Skylanders: Imaginators ( If you can find this )
This list is pretty damn good. My 6 year old also loved the new spiderman.

Knack and knack 2 though he's gotten the most time into. Doesn't even care that he's beaten them both 3 times. He just loves it. But that was the same in spiderman. He'd just run the same mission over and over beating up bad guys.

Lately, the Lego city undercover game he really likes. He tells me Dad, you can steal a car when ever you want! Only a matter of time before we move into gta5!

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Thanks guys, appreciate the input. Looking over mentioned stuff.

TJT TJT I actually have Bloodborne, it's one of the reasons my console is collecting dust. Don't taze me bro!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Also my favorite troll Dad vidya game story. Dude had a kid who demanded some new console and shit. Dad says okay you have to beat one old game of my choosing and I will get whatever you want. Son agrees.

The game? Silver Surfer NES.

Boy learned a valuable lesson that day.

Vasgaroth

Trakanon Raider
My 6 year old absolutely loves Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 and I’ve got to say I enjoy it myself. There’s a great campaign to the game, several different multiplayer modes and all extremely kid friendly. Not to mention you can split screen with your son and play either mode while carrying him to victory. Highly highly recommend picking it up we love it.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
Dragon Quest Builders and Final Fantasy World were games my 7 year old played with me all the way to the end. Both have free demos too. They are single player games but were still fun to play together with me being more of a pinch hitter on some harder fights.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I want to buy a switch for my 4 yo kid, but am not sure if he'll enjoy it that much or if it'd even be good for him, lol.

Plus his taste in cartoons is shit, what am I going to do if he's bad at video games? I don't want to carry him through gaming his whole life.