Puzzles and survival

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Edit: Updated with more information

Edit 2: They just recently released a windows version of the game that seems to be cross-play with the mobile version as well. You can download it from their official site
here. It seems to be pretty beta atm though, and is like diablo immortal in teh sense that it's the exact same interface as mobile, but it works in the respects you don't need to run bluestacks with it.

Ok, so this game is pretty good for what it is. Basically, it's a typical mobile "build stuff and wait" game. You're in a zombie infested world and have to build your sanctuary (fortress) to protect yourself from zombies around you, as well as other players.

However, there are a lot of differences in this game that I've not seen in many other games mobile or otherwise. The main thing is the alliance and how the players all interact with each other. The alliance members can help each other out by speeding up their build times, and of course helping them gives you points which you can spend in the alliance shop which is stocked by the alliance leader using points from everyone in the alliance building techs. When you're in an alliance, you want your sanctuary to be next to all the others in your alliance. Before HQ level 10, it will put you there automatically but after you're level 10, you have to move it if you ever change alliances. In this setup, players can go to a zombie outpost on a separate overworld map, and you can rally to their sanctuary then all deploy at once to take on a zombie fight (though this is basically an idle adventure. You commit and X minutes later you win or lose). Everyone that partakes gets rewards. Players can attack other players sanctuaries but so far that seems to be pretty rare and the only ones that get attacked are the ones that clearly quit. There's a lot of different systems, and they all work well together and unlike a lot of korean type MMOs (Lost Ark, Kritika, etc) the systems in this game all work together and feels not really overbearing. There's not tons of different currencies. All the systems affect the same things (build times, effects, troop strength, etc).

An example of a unique system I've not seen in other games is things like the Radio, where every 5-30 minutes or so you can activate it and get a quiz question something about the game (For example: What gives you more troops?) with multiple choice answers. Getting wrong one still gives you a decent reward, getting it right doubles it. It kind of "trains" you on the features of the game, because well getting these materials is always nice. Another one I've not seen is a bank where you can bank premium currency and earn extra the next day with interest.

Core "campaign" mode is a typical and rather simple match 3. If you match 4 you get a bomb that blows up as a + and if you get 5 you get a thing that will destroy all the colors. That's it. Obtaining heroes is easier than I expected -- you get fragments and once you get 10 you get the hero. Collect more and you can +1, +2, +3, etc the heroes boosting everything about them. It's not a typical "You have to buy all this shit" grind though -- most of these you will obtain without a lot of effort but it just takes time. Lots of times you'll get selectors so you can focus on a specific hero rather than be RNG gated.

If you really like the game, a simple $5 unlocks the 2nd build queue letting you build two things at once. The subscription is $20 a month but not overly necessary. And of course, if you want to p2w, you can do that too.

The Good
* Game is very optimized and fast. Plays great on the phone, and bluestacks and is very responsive.
* It's fun to build your sanctuary even if you're waiting on shit, because they continually force-feed you speedup items to speed up buildings. Even a week into the game, I'm still being fed tons of these things.
* Match 3 is inherantly boring as fuck gameplay, but in this game it goes by so fast because its so simplistic which I personally prefer as I don't want to think about it.
* Really neat interactions with other players, especially on your own alliance.
* Overworld map is really nice.
* Events are constant and short. No bullshit where you finish an event in an hour and wait a week for the next one.
* Ability to reset characters and get everything back for a really small cost.
* You can earn VIP bonuses without spending. You get a certain amount of VIP points for just logging on every day, and you can buy them from alliance shop as well.

The Bad
* Game is CERTAINLY pay to win. You're not going to be on top if you don't pay, but there's plenty to enjoy here without needing to pay anything.
* Events reward you in stages which is nice, but the final rewards from events generally go to the top 100 players. Sometimes even less. Everyone else gets nothing extra.
* Some things can be simplified but aren't, such as no easy "Gather all resources" button.
* Later on some things take a REALLY long time to build.

Current events:
1664604807701.png

Additional Screenshots here:

Overworld map showing my alliance friends and their sanctuaries.
1664605955311.png

Basic Match3 gameplay

1664606185475.png

Path to survival is basically a 7(?) day event, where you complete a ton of tasks for rewards. I think this is like the new player event to flood them with things. Either way, it's there.
Diamond exchange shop: Discounts on some items for diamonds (The premium currency)
Strike First: Defeat Zombie Layers and Consume Stamina to get points.
Diamond Expert: Use diamonds, get stuff.
Spec Ops III: Basically a do as much damage to boss as possible type event.

If you do play please use my invite link I appreciate it: link here

Also a lot of box codes for free shit here that'll help you get started: Puzzles & Survival codes: September 2022

Last edited: