Queens of the Stone Age - Villains

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
New album comes out August 25 and both released singles are fucking great. Josh Homme never fails to deliver. Except on the scheduled Outside Lands date dammit!

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Two singles sound good. Definitely looking forward to this album.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, singles are great. Always loved SFTD and Era Vulgaris but I recently went back to Like Clockwork and it really grew on me since I last gave it a listen. Decided to go back and give Rated R a try and holy fuck why did I ever sleep on this album?? So good. Not sure i'll ever get into lullabies, but stoked for the new album.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I think I've listened to it about 35 times since Friday. Really like it, probably my favorite since Rated R.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I wouldn't go that far. Songs for the Deaf and Like Clockwork are really fucking good. I am really enjoying this album though.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Word. I dig it, but not sure I like it better than the Songs for the Deaf or Like Clockwork. I haven't listened to it enough yet, though.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I haven't listened to Songs for the Deaf in a super long time. And I liked Like Clockwork but idk, I just moved on pretty quickly. Rated R is my favorite by a good margin, but I feel similarly about this one in that I actually like every song.

We'll see how I feel in a week. I might revisit Like Clockwork and see how that holds up.

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Got the silly deluxe vinyl. After giving it a few more listen-throughs I've started to like it a bit more.

Nice that they pulled back a tiny bit from Like Clockwork, as good as that was. Josh Homme can ape Bowie and throw in eensy bitty Ronson-does-Kyuss for the next 3 albums and I'd be okay with it.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Really digging it as well. I drive alot for work and it has been pretty much on repeat. Head like a Haunted House and Feet Dont Fail Me are stand out rippers for sure.

My initial reaction was to say Villains>Like Clockwork, but fuck man.... that album is aging really really well. This album has the riffs, but Clockwork has this "feel" to it. Hard to compare for me.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Like Clockwork is just so damn good. There's hardly a down moment on the entire album. On Villains, Un-Reborn Again is a lengthy tune that doesn't capture me and causes me to lose interest until The Evil Has Landed pulls me back in. That song rips.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Really liking it, wasn't feeling it until the 3rd or 4th playthrough but that's typical Queens.