Question about getting TV service in my back bedroom

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Okay so wher eI live isn't allowing me to drill in order to get cable in my back bedroom and I dont want wires anywhere. Is there a way to do something liek slingbox does but with another TV instead of only wireless devices?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Thats for strictly internet, I want to do it with a TV signal like Slingbox but to another television instead of just wireless devices.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Not sure who your provider is, but you might want to contact them. Chances are you aren't the first person where you live with this problem.

If it's Comcast don't bother calling.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Build your own Windows Media Center DVR and buy a 360 to use an extender. WHAT.

Problem is if you are talking about HDtv, wireless streaming is just barely cutting it on an n-wireless network. a/b/g forget it. That goes for any solution you might come across. Streaming the uncompressed tv signal takes a lot more bandwidth than people realize after they stream stuff on youtube, netflix, etc.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
There are a lot of wireless cable/satellite boxes out there, U-verse and other providers have them directly, and there are also 3rd party adapters that you can buy to convert an existing cable/satellite box to transmit wirelessly to your TV. Here's an example of a device you can buy to add to your current wired cable/satellite box:

http://www.amazon.com/Actiontec-Wire...ds=wireless+tv

The main problem is going to be that with the coaxial jack/box in another room, you probably won't be able to change the channel when you are in the bedroom. The only exception to this would be to use an RF remote instead of an IR remote(which needs line of sight to work). I know that with my DirecTV boxes, it has settings inside it to change it from IR control to RF control instead, and the remote that I received from them can work with both technologies. Here's the remote:

http://www.amazon.com/DIRECTV-RC65RX...ords=RF+remote

So basically your satellite box would be in another room that has the coaxial jack coming into the home, but you should be able to control it with the RF remote, assuming it's not extremely far away. I don't know the exact distance that RF works, I've never really bothered using it.

All of that being said, streaming HD wirelessly, especially from another room, is going to be iffy at best. I'd probably buy a device to try out from a local Best Buy or Frys that has a good return policy, I have no clue how well it will actually work for HD video.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Only solution....

rrr_img_25261.jpg

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was going to say, if you have U-Verse, get a wireless receiver. I was very pleasantly surprised with how great the picture is. In fact, I can barely tell a difference.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I was going to say, if you have U-Verse, get a wireless receiver. I was very pleasantly surprised with how great the picture is. In fact, I can barely tell a difference.
Yep, I have one too. Costs like $50 upfront but doesn't cost any more per month than any other box.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Just run the cable across the carpet and when you feel embarrassed about how it looks, use that as motivation to move out of the apartment and get your own house.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Just run the cable across the carpet and when you feel embarrassed about how it looks, use that as motivation to move out of the apartment and get your own house.
If I wanted to own a house, I would.
tongue.png

Long story short, I told my condo to go F themselves and drilled. There were no lines on that side so they had to run lines from another section in the building which is where the original issue was stemming. I had a line run and all is well now.

I'll probably get fined but whatever.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Just cut the wire when you leave and patch the hole. $10 kit at Lowes and you can patch a ton of holes.