R.I.P Glenn Frey

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
Holy shit, I just saw this on the local news....real kick in the pants. I really love some of the Eagles stuff.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
damnit. looks like my whole childhood dies this year.
who is next? bruce dickinson? rob halford? ozzy?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Sucks. Saw him in concert once.

Less than a year ago.

Song and the show had a big impact on my life.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Frey had all the panty droppers.

That one's pre-Walsh even. Keep an eye out for Kylo Ren in the crowd.

EDIT: And lol @ the Black Sabbath vids from that same festival, rainbow background and all.

... and fixed link

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I turned on the radio in the car driving home, the DJ starts to talk about:

"Today as we remember the life and music of . . . "

I'm going, "No are you serious, another"

And it's Glenn Frey . . . sads.

damn this 2016.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Man, the Eagles were a hit machine. The last four albums before they broke up all had a song hit #1 and Hotel California had 2. God is gonna throw one hell of a party with all the entertainers he keeps taking.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Sure, The Eagles were Dad Rock but think about it - if you don't count british bands, what do you have left from that early 70s era? Hendrix and Morrison had just died. In the context of American music at the time the Eagles look like goddamn Led Zeppelin.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Those early Allman Bros albums were miles better than the Eagles. Aerosmith also hit the scene in '73 with Dream On. Lynyrd Skynyrd's first album was also in '73. I know people shit on Free Bird, but those early Skynyrd albums are legit.

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
The only music I heard all day was the Eagles. I loaded up a playlist at the office, but even when I had to leave and do some driving, every show was opening each segment with an Eagles song (sports radio).

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Those early Allman Bros albums were miles better than the Eagles. Aerosmith also hit the scene in '73 with Dream On. Lynyrd Skynyrd's first album was also in '73. I know people shit on Free Bird, but those early Skynyrd albums are legit.
Yea but then Duane died.

Can't hate on the Eagles except Henley who's an asshole. Walsh was a great addition.

My faves probably:
Seven Bridges Road
Hotel California
Life in the Fast Lane

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Thorpe

Lord Nagafen Raider
rrr_img_123610.jpg