R.I.P. Ric Ocasek...

Phayd

Golden Knight of the Realm
The Cars were a big part of my HS years. I remember having Candy-O on 8 track lol.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Damn, I had no idea he was 75. When I was a kid I used to think the video for You Might Think was the greatest thing ever.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
Cars did some really excellent tunes. I think it really helps to put the music in historical context. Groups like the Cars were playing rock solid tunes.

Just What I Needed needs to be some walk of sound for musicians in LA. Or maybe Chicago?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Damn, I had no idea he was 75. When I was a kid I used to think the video for You Might Think was the greatest thing ever.

I hadn’t seen the You Might Think video and now that I have I think it may be time he got #metoo-ed.

Also, that chick is pretty hot.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
RIP. I remember finding this cassette tape in a basement of a house we were renting at the time, Candy-O along with Led Zeppelin III, probabaly around 83' or 84' ish? Anyway I listened to this a shit ton.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I always liked The Cars. Thanks for the hours and hours of entertainment Rick.
Just saw this on Twitter. Elvira said she commented on how great his pin was and he gave it to her.

EEmOBGbXoAYtuxy.jpeg

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
He was of Czech ancestry and all Czechs I know considered him a national treasure, especially after he married Paulina (also Czech)

Paulina_Porizkova_victoriassecret.filminspector.com_19.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Stop ruining bands for me by liking them.

Also that was a Ben Orr song not Ocasek.

Lol, I guess maybe it’s inappropriate to mention my favorite songs being Ben Orr on lead vocals but Drive is my other favorite Cars’ song. But still written by Ocasek.

I don’t like Nickelback or Collective Soul or Train or Spin Doctors.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
The Cars were SOOOOO ahead of their time. Their sounds is distinct and incredibly unique.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Drive is probably in my top 40 all-time songs list. Fucking thing sucks!