Rage 2

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Weird there's no thread for this. New gameplay vid:

Older ones:

Release: May 14

Seems to be a mix of Doom, Borderlands, and Bulletstorm

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The first one of these kind of sucked right? Boy howdy am I looking forward to Doom Eternal but I'll wait and see if this one is worth my time. I don't really play many shooters.

Fucker

Log Wizard
First one was merely ok. It was a pure corridor shooter unlike Borderlands which was a much better game all around.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I only played a little bit of the first (it wasn't very good) but these videos has 2 looking like a vastly different approach. I'd be surprised if there's anything in common other than being open world(ish) post-apoc fps.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I only played a little bit of the first (it wasn't very good) but these videos has 2 looking like a vastly different approach. I'd be surprised if there's anything in common other than being open world(ish) post-apoc fps.

I'm surprised they resurrected the Rage IP. It hit the ground like a wet turd and died very quickly. I got my copy not too long after release for $5.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I liked the first one, something about the weapons/attacks just felt meaty and good. One of the few games I beat that year. You can tell near the end they just gave up/ran out of money though, much like Dragon Age 2.

spronk

FPS noob
Rage 2 will not be on steam (or epic!) and launching on their Bethesda's own PC launcher only so thats another launcher you get to install if you wanna play this game on PC

75zPAtA.jpg

pc master race huehuehuehue

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Good thing I have that installed due to Fallout 76.... I´ll show myself out.

• 2Worf

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Rage 2 will not be on steam (or epic!) and launching on their Bethesda's own PC launcher only so thats another launcher you get to install if you wanna play this game on PC

75zPAtA.jpg

CODEX will allow us to continue on our road to master race. Who needs these loser launchers?

• 2Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
The first game played well, the issue was the lack of content. Your missions consisted of going back over the same zones but just rearranged differently. I remember beating it quickly.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

75zPAtA.jpg

It's now going to be on Steam as well. Bethesda wised up.

• 2Like

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
This looks amazing, this has slowly become one of my most hyped releases this year.

This cheat code is also amazing.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was going to post a new vid by IGN, but this thread is already nicely populated with good videos.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Cohh is streaming this on Friday. They are flying out to where he lives and setting up a computer at a location where he can play a build and stream it. They are not sending out a digital copy yet.

I am guessing they are going to do this with a few other streamers as well leading up to the launch, but from the sound of it, the game will only be shown on one channel at a time until they are comfortable with releasing their build.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cohh is the most puzzling example of "success" I think I have ever seen. Well, him and the Kardashians...

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Cohh is the most puzzling example of "success" I think I have ever seen. Well, him and the Kardashians...

Not really. I fully understand it. He treats it like a business.
- He is extremely non confrontational/safe for work. Been shown in airports and the like. Doesn't allow any politics or topics that can cause arguments (even philosophy).
- Pays his moderators and has a coding team behind him (layouts and such). So has a very stable chat because of it as all mods are on the same page and is never online without a moderated chat.
- Usually finishes all games he starts.
- Has business times. Know when he starts and ends for the most part. 8am - 4pm his time.
- He is stable. Was online every day for 2000 days.

Above has led him to be very safe for twitch and has direct talks with the CEO. Twitch can put him on the front page as much as they want without any controversy. All developers know he is *safe* (as he is rarely negative about games) so he gets lots of sponsorships for big games. He was actually surprised when Bethesda gave him the first play of Rage 2 since he thought he might be blacklisted as he was very vocal about Fallout 76 and its failure.

Listened to lots of streamers discuss how to make it on twitch, and it's pretty much always a combination of either being extremely good at one game and playing only that (Ninja, Shroud, Dizzy, league streamers, Hearthstone streamers and the likes lose 50%+ of their regular viewers playing a game usually not associated with their channel) combined with stability that allows viewers who like your channel to know when it is live.

I'd say that if you want to make it on twitch today, especially as a variety streamer with no prior audience (coming from youtube or somewhere else), you'll have an extremely difficult time with growth without following some of the steps above. And following all of them and being online for 2000 days in a row, I wouldn't exactly call it puzzling that he has growth and a stable viewer base.

I think most FOH posters would be hard banned from his channel though. I eagerly await the next Pantheon stream to see <Message deleted> from UT talking about Brad :)

• 1Like

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
This is a "wait for the reviews" kind of game for me after F76 and Rage 1

• 1Solidarity