Raven's Cry - Gamespot review "Rampant racism, sexism, and homophobia"

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like a purchase! Holy moly did this game ruffle the feathers of who knows who the hell this reviewer is over at Gamespot.

When Raven's Cry writing is memorable, it becomes so for all the wrong reasons. Though it has seemingly been patched out since launch, the "barks" of your ship's crew mostly consist of gendered and homophobic slurs. I haven't heard the male iteration of the "c" word this often since Deadwood (and with none of David Milch's redemptive style). And don't worry. The female "c" word pops up just as often as well. Christopher openly insults black people in the face of his black first mate--who disappears for seemingly no reason early in the game. And, also early in the game, Christopher physically assaults a sex worker to gain information for a quest. Villains casually joke about rape. Tribal natives are treated as mindless cannibal savages that you slaughter in high numbers. The game has the cultural sensitivity of Birth of a Nation, and I needed a bath to wash away the grime of this game's world every time I stopped playing.
Ravens Cry Review - GameSpot

Where can I get this game? This sounds hilarious and right up my politically incorrect alley.

bwuceli_sl

shitlord
It's on steam and according to a friend "it's way overpriced at 45$ and it's the biggest steaming pile of crap he has ever played". It got delayed 4 times and was on my wish list for a while. It's supposed to be a more interactive and open world AC: Black Flag but apparently you will be lucky if you manage to get it to start even.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
In his defense that game does sound like garbage from other reviews, but 1/10 is truly a sacred score. This game doesn't look like it deserves a 1/10. That's almost good press as it garners significant infamy for both the score and the reason why the score was given (see the comments).

IGN's reviewis more rounded out, explaining good shit without even getting into the social justice nonsense, and the game still nets a 3/10.

All Don Saas of Gamespot has done is tarnish Gamespot a little further. IGN has become increasingly relevant as its competition pulls ahead in the race to the bottom.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
OK, just go straight to 7:00 and watch the next minute. Anita gets a mention. That video is awesome.
Haha! awesome. Looks like a Steam sale for sure but definitely getting it for the hilarity.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
This game deserves someone's money. Not my money, but someone's. And they should cut a check to this guy making youtube videos.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Holy shit. The Bro Team video making fun of the character that had no recorded dialogue is priceless.