Raw (2016)

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Raw

Tagline: What are you hungry for?

Genre: Drama, Horror

Director: Julia Ducournau

Cast: Garance Marillier, Ella Rumpf, Rabah Nait Oufella, Laurent Lucas, Joana Preiss, Bouli Lanners, Jean-Louis Sbille, Marion Vernoux, Thomas Mustin, Marouan Iddoub, Helena Coppejans, Denis Mpunga, Pierre Nisse, Alice D'Hauwe, Bérangère McNeese, Sophie Breyer, Virgil Leclaire, Benjamin Boutboul, Anna Solomin, Morgan Politi, Maïté Katinka Lonne, Amandine Hinnekens, Sibylle du Plessy, Alexis Julemont, Charlotte Sandersen

Release: 2016-10-07

Runtime: 99

Plot: In Justine’s family everyone is a vet and a vegetarian. At 16, she’s a gifted teen ready to take on her first year in vet school, where her older sister also studies. There, she gets no time to settle: hazing starts right away. Justine is forced to eat raw meat for the first time in her life. Unexpected consequences emerge as her true self begins to form.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Basic plot: Vegetarian girl goes to vet school, learns to eat all kinds of meat.

Just finished this. Wow - fucking *brutal*. I don't know if I've ever seen a movie that made me wince and squirm as much as this movie. Especially when you know something is coming. Fucking fantastic. If I detailed any plot points, you wouldn't believe me. Just download and watch. I recommend this whole heartedly. Warning, it's foreign so you have to read :) I promise if you watch this, you'll be talking about it all day.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
This was a wild-assed movie. Definitely worth a watch. A weird combination or gore and erotica that doesn't seem like it would fit but does.

Also, I now i have a fetish to be bitten, FML.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm hopping mad. Fuck you fucking faggots for trolling me into renting this absolutely French and absolutely arthouse movie.

I went into it blind. It's a very well made film that accomplishes its goals-- but fuck you guys. The only thing I can do now to fix this deficit is to troll someone else with it.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm hopping mad. Fuck you fucking faggots for trolling me into renting this absolutely French and absolutely arthouse movie.

I went into it blind. It's a very well made film that accomplishes its goals-- but fuck you guys. The only thing I can do now to fix this deficit is to troll someone else with it.

If you can troll somebody into watching this it not only would fix the deficit but turn it around completely.

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider

Oh lawd, it's on Netflix...why would you do that!?

Also, maybe watch the trailer posted at the top of the thread and read a review (like the first one) which says, "Warning, it's foreign so you have to read...". So yeah, can't help you if you walk into that and are butthurt. Still stand by that it was a good (no doubt arthouse) watch.

Also, Rubber is not in the same boat, but definitely a so-bad-its-good movie, lol. And by good, I mean B-movie bad.

Also on Netflix....bah, I lied, Rubber USED to be on Netflix!

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

Raw was Mark Kermode's favorite movie of the year!

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I trolled a friend hard enough that he sat and watched Rubber. His response is what did I do to make you inflict this on me.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database