Ready or Not (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Ready or Not (2019)

Tagline: In-Laws Can Be Murder

Genre: Horror, Comedy

Director: Matt Bettinelli-Olpin, Tyler Gillett

Cast: Samara Weaving, Andie MacDowell, Mark O'Brien, Adam Brody, Henry Czerny, Nicky Guadagni, Melanie Scrofano, Kristian Bruun, Elyse Levesque, John Ralston, Liam Macdonald, Daniela Barbosa, Celine Tsai, Hanneke Talbot, Ethan Tavares

Release: 2019-08-23

Plot: A bride's wedding night takes a sinister turn when her eccentric new in-laws force her to take part in a terrifying game.

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
This looks a lot like Your Next (which was fun). Looking forward to it!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
yeah, really looks like You're next. ha.

But does look fun. Im sure the Curse is real. She survives with her husband, and her husband, as part of the curse, gets dragged to hell or some shit, as the ending. Almost seems too predictable though. so maybe not?

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
yeah, really looks like You're next. ha.

But does look fun. Im sure the Curse is real. She survives with her husband, and her husband, as part of the curse, gets dragged to hell or some shit, as the ending. Almost seems too predictable though. so maybe not?

Pretty insightful, I think you are probably on point.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I didn't get the same You're next vibe. She character looked like she was kind of helpless and maybe just lucky at avoiding shots from idiots. I was getting more of a cabin in the woods kind of vibe. There was a shot that looked like she was laying on a pile of corpses or something.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I watched this last night. It was a lot of fun, I recommend it. You think it’s predictable in spots then they throw in some twists. It’s got some good dark humor.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
This is available now. Great fun movie. If I had to compare it to something, I would say Clue, but 2019.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
this was.... really a great movie. a really screwed up clue is a great description. thank you all for the recommendation. i didn't hear a single thing about it until the thread got bumped

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've been singing this song for the past couple days. Keeps freaking my wife out. "I am going to find you!...run...run...run..."

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Loved this movie. I watched it mostly because I find Samara Weaving extra hot, but I was pleasantly surprised. The niece (apparently she is Wynonna Earp) is also hot, but more importantly, hilarious in this movie.

It's no <insert favorite critically acclaimed movie here>, but it is a lot of fun, and well worth the watch if you just want to be entertained for an hour and a half. Only thing that could make it better would be nudity, but I'm guessing they were looking for a particular rating or something. Fun movies like this should have a random tit or two, I feel, just because.

• 1Solidarity

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
This was great. It is nice to have antagonists with an actual motivation. Also there is payoff in the end for once. To many movies like to tease things and never deliver as a tweeeest.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Holy fuck, just finished this. Laughed so hard so many times, and fucking brutal. And the fucking ending - LOL. God damn, give me 20 more original great movies like this please.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Saw this on a flight back from VA to Cali along with Ad Astra. Holy shit it isn't even funny how great this movie was. I was legitimately making the lady in the seat near me (had a gap) stare at me at some points because I was either cracking up or actively cringing. That ladder scene, even though I knew it was coming... jeeeeesus.

So great; recommending to everyone I know.

Ad Astra was trash tho.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Saw this on a flight back from VA to Cali along with Ad Astra.
Same experience here. I just watched it on a flight and everyone around me kept looking at me as I alternated between laughing and grimmacing.
Very entertaining movie, highly recommended!

• 1Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database