Recommend some Podcasts

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Looking for more podcasts recommendations to listen to whilst commuting to work and going to the gym

I've been listening to these two for a long time:

BBC - Fighting Talk'A hilarious look at the volatile world of sport where guests compete for points with their sporting punditry'
BBC - Mark Kermode and Simon Mayo's Film Reviews'Mark Kermode discusses the latest film releases with Simon Mayo. Lively, controversial and unmissable movie discussion'

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's a thread in general with some good suggestions.

http://www.rerolled.org/showthread.php?999-Podcasts

Doug Loves Movies- Comedian Doug Benson hosts a podcast that is theoretically about movies. Has 3-4 guests per episode, usually other comedians or actors, sometimes directors or other industry types. It is very loosely structured and veers off wildly often. Every proper episode ends with the guests playing "The Leonard Maltin Game" where they get to show of their knowledge(or lack of) about movies. Try a few episodes based on the guests you like.

How Did This Get Made?- Paul Scheer and Jason Mantzoukas(Andre and Raffi onThe League) along with June Diane Raphael(you've seen her in stuff) take 1 bad movie per week and break it down. Along with a guest, sometimes related to the movie sometimes just a random comedian, they tear it apart. Delving in to what little sense most of it makes and ultimately asking just how the hell this movie got made.

Comedy Bang Bang- Scott Auckerman hosts, usually with a comedian "co-host" of the week. And then someone comes in studio in character and they improv stupid shit for an hour. It's occasionally mediocre but usually great. Especially when Paul F. Tompkins is there as one of his characters. Some people don't get it, or just don't like the format.This is my favorite episode, if you don't like it the show is probably not for you.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

Fast Talking Political Commentary

Common Sense with Dan Carlin is an independent look at politics and current events from popular New Media personality Dan Carlin.

Reviews:

"Thinking, not blind opinion. This is neither left nor right...it's an intelligent, articulate, knowledgeable person talking to you as if you have a mind. If you do, listen and treat yourself! I wish there were more like this. Nice dry sense of humor too."

--------------------------------------------------

"This show isn't just good and entertaining, when you listen to it you feel it's important. Dan isn't arguing a liberal or conservative agenda, he's taking current issues and saying, "wait, what does this mean??" And often, you think "dang.. we all should have thought of that...""

In "Hardcore History" the very unconventional Dan Carlin takes his "Martian", outside-the-box way of thinking and applies it to the past. Was Alexander the Great as bad a person as Adolf Hitler? What would Apaches with modern weapons be like? Will our modern civilization ever fall like civilizations from past eras? This is a difficult-to-classify show that has a rather sharp edge. It's not for everyone. But the innovative style and approach has made "Dan Carlin's Hardcore History" a New Media hit.

I posted lots of other podcasts that I listen to in the other podcast thread, but I really think more people should listen to Dan Carlin.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I suggest the 4(5?) part "Wrath of the Khans" series for Hardcore History. Really awesome history lesson on the Mongol conquest.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Radiolab is great. The Freakonomics podcast is another good one from NPR.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I suggest the 4(5?) part "Wrath of the Khans" series for Hardcore History. Really awesome history lesson on the Mongol conquest.
I agree, that is the best thing he's done in a while. The "Ghosts of the Ostfront" series about the eastern front in WWII was awesome as well. The Rome series was good, but maybe a little more information than I really wanted about Rome before the Julius Ceasar period which I find more interesting.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
http://www.thisamericanlife.org/- Probably the best podcast out there. Random topic each week.
http://www.nerdist.com/podcast/you-made-it-weird/- Pete Holmes interviews people, usually comedians. Hilarious and it delves pretty deep into their private lives.
http://www.nerdist.com/podcast/the-browncast/- New Alton Brown podcast, the interviews are kind of boring since it's food network people, but the rest of it is very interesting/informative.
http://smodcast.com/channels/hollywood-babble-on/- Ralph Garman and Kevin Smith talk about what's going on in Hollywood.

These are the ones I listen to mostly.

joz123

Potato del Grande
http://www.artielangeshow.com/- Don't mind the boring as fuck NFL dude with him. When Artie has guests like Gilbert Gottfried or is goofing on Mike Bocchetti (his announcer) or the twins (the blondes from Amazing Race) it's fucking HILARIOUS!

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That show was so much better when Nick DiPaolo was handling the hosting with Artie as a co-host. Artie has no idea how the fuck to run a radio show and just babbles like a retard 90% of the time. When they ran Nick off the show became unwatchable for me(they were showing it on DirecTV nightly before that). And I hated Nick's politics, but he was funny as fuck and gave the show direction.

It's terrible, an awful half-assed Stern show rip off.

We're in the tech forum so I'll plugLeo Laporte'spodcast on twit. No idea what that means specifically, but I listened to a couple episodes with my dad on a long drive recently and Leo is still great at mixing interesting tech info with bring entertaining.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
TWiT = This Week in Tech. The main show is definitely the place to start and then the network has a show about just about any conceivable tech related topic.