Red Orchestra 2: Rising Storm

Killjoy_sl

shitlord
I've been having a blast with this game and I didn't see a thread for it so I thought I would spread the word. All new weapons including Flamethrowers and Knee Mortars along with Jungle Maps, Banzai charges, and Booby Traps. There is a rudimentary level-up system for both classes and weapons that allows you to unlock things like bayonets, drum magazines, etc.

It's technically free if you already own Red Orchestra 2 since it's integrated into the original game (Servers can rotate both RO2 and Rising Storm maps) but you can only play as a Rifleman unless you buy the full version for $19.99 on steam.

The game covers the famous island-hopping campaigns in the Pacific from 1942 to 1945 as the US Army and Marine Corps fight it out with the Imperial Japanese army and Special Naval Landing Forces. Featuring some of the most brutal fighting in the Pacific theater, players are able to experience beach assaults, jungle fighting, close quarters night fighting and more across Guadalcanal, Iwo Jima and Saipan, among other historic hot spots. The player is able to take the part of either side - American or Japanese - battling it out online in full player versus player multi-player.

Rising Storm is being created in a first-of-its-kind collaboration between a mod team and a professional game development studio. The Rising Storm team is made up of the best independent developers from the modding community and several members of the development team at Tripwire Interactive.

Awesome Fun!! but I play the Hell out of Red Orchestra best Fps out in years imo. They did an awesome job with this mod/xpac, and for 15 bucks well worth the money spent. Absolutly a Tactical Fps you cant run and gun like others unless you want to die that is.

Wow if PC gamer didnt give this multiplayer of the year id probably have missed it. Bought it 5$ and damn was that well spent. Felt like that first time i played medal of honor.

Maps are great, gameplay is awesome, best feeling of immersion in a FPS war game ever

I dont even like FPSs anymore as its usually same ole same ole but i recommend this even at 20$, at 5$ was a steal

I like the russian/nazi maps best, and they come free with RS