Red Sparrow (2018)

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
1.00 star(s) Rating: 1.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Red Sparrow

Tagline: Seduce. Deceive. Repeat.

Genre: Thriller

Director: Francis Lawrence

Cast: Jennifer Lawrence, Joel Edgerton, Jeremy Irons, Matthias Schoenaerts, Ciarán Hinds, Joely Richardson, Mary-Louise Parker, Charlotte Rampling, Douglas Hodge, Thekla Reuten, Sakina Jaffrey, Sergei Polunin, Sergej Onopko, Kristof Konrad, Joel de la Fuente, Nicole O'Neill, David Z. Miller, Sasha Frolova, Simon Szabó

Release: 2018-03-01

Plot: Prima ballerina Dominika Egorova faces a bleak and uncertain future after she suffers an injury that ends her career. She soon turns to Sparrow School, a secret intelligence service that trains exceptional young people to use their minds and bodies as weapons. Egorova emerges as the most dangerous Sparrow after completing the sadistic training process. As she comes to terms with her new abilities, Dominika meets a CIA agent who tries to convince her that he is the only person she can trust.

• 4Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I wonder how copyright stuff works with that. It's clearly black widow, though female Russian sexy super spy isn't exactly a new or unique idea

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It's based on a 5yr old book by some spy writer. Seems they included ballarina for the movie, but that just makes this 100% Black Widow a xxx Parody

• 2Like

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Jennifer Lawrence is still making movies....great...

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
Saw this today. 5/10. Pretty meh spy movie, the first 45 mins are pretty good and then its all down hill. Most important thing: Yes, J Law shows her titties in a 30 second scene, you get some side vag view too but some russian dude is blocking the view. Nice, big titties but doesn't make up for a shitty story, terrible acting by pretty much everyone, and a movie that drags on and on and on too long - 2h21m runtime.

Some really weird shit too like its set in 2017 (shown on phones, calendars, etc) but a sub plot involves selling state secret weapons data using 3.5 FLOPPY DISKS. wtf. the spies are also all really, really, really terrible at their job in this movie, if thats the state of the spycraft in the world then no wonder we are all so fucked. We only spend 15 mins at Red Sparrow school, and Hogwarts is more lethal and dangerous. J Law is her regular terrible acting self in this movie, with only resting face and bitch face in her repertoire. Oh well, at least you get to see her tits. Go see Man from UNCLE instead.

Fadaar

That guy
Go see Man from UNCLE instead.

That shit needs a sequel already. Didn't know Henry Cavill from anything besides the Superman movies so wasn't a big fan, however The Man From UNCLE changed that. I think he'd make a great James Bond, though he doesn't have the strong natural British accent.

• 2Solidarity

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How does a ballerina whose career ends due to an injury proceed to graduate from a grueling special forces school?

If she was fit enough to do that shit couldn't she still be a ballerina?

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
How does a ballerina whose career ends due to an injury proceed to graduate from a grueling special forces school?

If she was fit enough to do that shit couldn't she still be a ballerina?
You mean like how football players get injured knees and then become pro wrestlers? I mean I know wrestling is scripted but their knees have to work still.

I also have no reason to doubt that Russian ballerina school is more grueling and restrictive than special forces. Those people are insane

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database