Relocated from Dallas to Seattle

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Well, I'm here, somewhat settled in, and Kung Flu fucks this place over like I've never seen.

Anyone from the area able to tell me some shit I gotta check out when ChinaAids goes away?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Haus

<Silver Donator>
First questions first.... What bet did you lose and with whom that forced you to move to the Smug capital of the greater NW?

I used to travel for work frequently to the greater Seattle area. Honestly all the most enjoyable side stuff I did while up there involved leaving town and going into the surrounding areas.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Seattle's pretty dope. If you're into music the cultural museum is fantastic.

Nightlife there is pretty solid. Lot of really good restaurants and bars. And the surrounding area is beautiful. Not a far drive to get to some dope parks.

• 2Barf
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
First questions first.... What bet did you lose and with whom that forced you to move to the Smug capital of the greater NW?

I used to travel for work frequently to the greater Seattle area. Honestly all the most enjoyable side stuff I did while up there involved leaving town and going into the surrounding areas.

My wife wanted the opposite of Texas. I folded under the might of boobs.

• 2Dislike
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Unless she has a deep abiding love for rainy gloom and winter then you could've just moved to Austin and saved some money. I do love pine forests though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Big_w_powah Big_w_powah I lived in Seattle once upon a time. I know things have changed but I can still tell you some cool sites.

Sports wise, you have to visit Husky Stadium. It is one of only two Stadiums on the water in all of College Football, Tennessee is the other one.

As far as sites in/near town, there tons and tons...Gas Works Park, The Troll Under the Bridge, the Piers, Burke-Gilman Trail, Shilshole Bay, Golden Gardens, obviously the all the Lakes and tons more. Oh and how could I forget Kerry Park, it has in awesome view.

A few hours away you have Mt Rainier, The Gorge at George and Vantage.

I would recommend cool spots to eat, but I have no idea what will be open when the Pandemic is over. If it survives the Pandemic check out Voula's an amazing breakfast spot with chili cheese omelets and I know you already found Dick's
1586402549786.png

Lastly, if your kids are into basketball, Spokane (4-5 hours east) hosts Hoopfest every year which I believe is the largest 3v3 open entry tournament in North America. It has been going for 30+ years.

Last edited:

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Big_w_powah Big_w_powah I live on the east side of the state now, I lived in Seattle from 1994-2004. I know things have changed but I can still tell you some cool sites.

Sports wise, you have to visit Husky Stadium. It is one of only two Stadiums on the water in all of College Football, Tennessee is the other one.

As far as sites in/near town, there tons and tons...Gas Works Park, The Troll Under the Bridge, the Piers, Burke-Gilman Trail, Shilshole Bay, Golden Gardens, obviously the all the Lakes and tons more. Oh and how could I forget Kerry Park, it is where I proposed to my wife.

A few hours away you have Mt Rainier, The Gorge at George and Vantage.

I would recommend cool spots to eat, but I have no idea what will be open when the Pandemic is over. If it survives the Pandemic check out Voula's an amazing breakfast spot with chili cheese omelets and I know you already found Dick's View attachment 261170

Lastly, if your kids are into basketball, Spokane (4-5 hours east) hosts Hoopfest every year which I believe is the largest 3v3 open entry tournament in North America. It has been going for 30+ years.
Thanks for the key in on Hoopfest. My kid loves basketball, and my wife has family in Spokane

• 1Solidarity

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
If it survives the Pandemic which I think it probably would check out The Metropolitan Grill aka The Met. It is a high end steak place totally worth the price.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
On the subject of high end steak joints I also recommend Ascend in Bellevue. An A5 wagyu filet is like $275 a la carte but it's one of the greatest restaurant experiences I've ever had.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
On the subject of high end steak joints I also recommend Ascend in Bellevue. An A5 wagyu filet is like $275 a la carte but it's one of the greatest restaurant experiences I've ever had.
Sounds awesome, that place did not exist when I lived there.

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
If we're talking high end, Canlis is right on the water and is a great restaurant experience. And they're doing meal kits for $50-75 person right now.

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>

Is it dope? And if so, How dope is it?

I only eat the dopest of foods.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Is it dope? And if so, How dope is it?

I only eat the dopest of foods.

I realize you're making fun even though the quoted post doesn't mention "dope" once. But this place is dope. Best steak I've ever had. Fantastic views of the lake, great cocktails with top shelf liquor selection, quality sushi, and some of the most ridiculous presentations of desserts you've ever seen. I would very much like to return.

• 1Like