Relocating to LA from Orlando

Rais

Trakanon Raider
I'm about to finish up my move to LA. I normally drive through Huston on the way out there, but my car isn't a boat. I will be hitting Arkansas and then head through Dallas or just go through Oklahoma. So it looks like Highway 10 or Highway 40. If I go on 40, it looks like I can make a detour to the Grand Canyon. This might be a goal of mine while driving out there. Is it worth it? Any other special places on the way?

Thanks for any information guys. I'm excited to be writing the script for Transformers X.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
I'm about to finish up my move to LA. I normally drive through Huston on the way out there, but my car isn't a boat. I will be hitting Arkansas and then head through Dallas or just go through Oklahoma. So it looks like Highway 10 or Highway 40. If I go on 40, it looks like I can make a detour to the Grand Canyon. This might be a goal of mine while driving out there. Is it worth it? Any other special places on the way?

Thanks for any information guys.
If you pass through Albuquerque on the 40, be sure to stop off and pick up some Green Chili burritos. In the peak of chili season right now and the shit is like crack.

Grand Canyon is a bit of a detour but worth it if you spend to time. The rest of that drive is boring as all hell. I do it multiple times a year between LA<->ABQ. You have Flagstaff...Meteor Crater....a bunch of Wampum Shops and a whole lot of fucking desert. The 10 is even worse unless you are going to hit up White Sands for a few hours and feel like having some chats with the Border Patrol

Make sure you have ZERO agricultural goods in your car when entering Cali around Needles on the 40 or they will rape your car. I seriously had a house plant and they tore my car apart. And I'm fucking white.

Bastards.

I'm excited to be writing the script for Transformers X.
lol

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

Thanks for any information guys. I'm excited to be writing the script for Transformers X.

Fuck i dont know man. Grand Canyon is in Arizona, not LA.. Its probably worth it though since the rest of the drive im sure is drab.

Where in LA are you staying?

Screamfeeder Screamfeeder and I are the unofficial FOH Los Angeles welcome committee.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I've never been but I've heard Joshua Tree is sick if you take I-10. Grand Canyon is probably better though.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
I've never understood the draw of Joshua Tree. Sitting outside in the middle of nowhere fucking desert with hipsters is not it for me.

OP, I hope you came with a stockpile of dough. If not, start planning that drive back to Orlando.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Enjoy the weather. You will never want to come back to Florida. Stop and see the Grand Canyon or Carlsbad Caverns. Take a day or so if possible . Its worth it.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Fuck i dont know man. Grand Canyon is in Arizona, not LA.. Its probably worth it though since the rest of the drive im sure is drab.

lol I know it's in AZ I'll be driving through there is all I said.

I will be staying in Santa Monica. I can't wait to feel the wonderful weather. 25+ years of 95+ humidity every day in Florida is just insane.

Thanks for the ideas so far guys. Pretty sure I will take a day in the canyon. I have made the drive from Florida to Cali in 2 1/2 days before. I'm now in the position where I can do it in 5-6 days or so. I just want to enjoy it outside of watching the border patrol chasing people in Texas this time around.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Enjoy the weather. You will never want to come back to Florida. Stop and see the Grand Canyon or Carlsbad Caverns. Take a day or so if possible . Its worth it.

You done Bryce or Zion? I don't think I ever did Carlsbad - but I'd put Bryce or Zion > Grand Canyon anyday.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>

I will be staying in Santa Monica. I can't wait to feel the wonderful weather. 25+ years of 95+ humidity every day in Florida is just insane.

Thanks for the ideas so far guys. Pretty sure I will take a day in the canyon. I have made the drive from Florida to Cali in 2 1/2 days before. I'm now in the position where I can do it in 5-6 days or so. I just want to enjoy it outside of watching the border patrol chasing people in Texas this time around.

Santa Monica is where Screamfeeder Screamfeeder and the rest of Hollywood Pizzagate elite live

Im further down south in the beach cities

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>

Don't listen to Araysar Araysar . He is super jealous he is not cool enough to live in Santa Monica. You will be surprised how humid it can get sometimes right off the beach, but NOTHING like Central Florida weather (I don't miss it either...used to live in Winter Park).

If you are taking that much time on your drive and not just doing a full blown blast, I got plenty more to suggest.

If you are on 10, definitely check out Carlsbad Caverns and/or White Sands. White Sands is amazing at sunrise/sunset. I would even suggest it almost as much as the Grand Canyon. Just bring water and don't die. You can check out Marfa Tx too if you want. Weird little town with a ton of cool art and some "supernatural" lights and shit. Been through it once on my bike and it was cool. Also on the southern route you can take a small detour down to the Salton Sea and checkout Bombay Beach. Basically a post apocalyptic little town full of weirdos and a HUGE spot for dune buggies and ATV riders. The whole story about that area is interesting.

Joshua Tree is....meh. Saguaro might be cooler.

If you are doing the 40 route, Grand Canyon is the big stop. You can take it super slow and drive the Old Route 66 (called National Trails Freeway now) for a lot of fun little stops. It runs right next to the 40 for most of it, but you get a much better feel for the different areas. It will add a lot of time on your trip however since it's not interstate speeds. But you can stop at places like Barstow, Calico Ghost Town etc etc.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
its true, i cant afford it. rent is like $30,000/mo in santa monica

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
its true, i cant afford it. rent is like $30,000/mo in santa monica
Oh come on, it's not that bad.

More like $6,000-$14,000 depending.

Found some for under $4,000 that look pretty good just now....

Fuck I need to move...

Last edited:

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I paid $300 just to park by the pier for 2 hours.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
If you pass through Albuquerque on the 40, be sure to stop off and pick up some Green Chili burritos. In the peak of chili season right now and the shit is like crack.

Grand Canyon is a bit of a detour but worth it if you spend to time.

Solid advice. I spent a few years in the Southwest and the Grand Canyon and New Mexican food are the only things I'd consider going back for.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
I paid $300 just to park by the pier for 2 hours.
WTF dude...

It's like a fucking few bucks to park on the deck per hour. What the hell were you doing? Nevermind you can always find meters in the side streets off Ocean that cost a few bucks.

No where is that expensive, even the covered garages.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Araysar forgot to mention that the price included the hooker that blew him in his car.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Araysar forgot to mention that the price included the hooker that blew him in his car.
Hookers in that area still don't get close to those kinds of numbers unless you're going with a For-Hire service. So I'm told.

Sounds to me like he's dumber than the tourists. I bet he bought some dudes Mix Tape off the walk too.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That's a considerable detour though.

Ah is it? I just remember it from a trip like.... 25 yrs ago when we did all of that stuff in one trip centered in Salt Lake. Grand Canyon, some dinosaur dig stuff, and those two. Basically completely forgotten all but Bryce and Zion though.