Remakes: What would you like to see?

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Remakes, new versions, whatever. I really liked a game called Hill Street Blues when I was really young. The shit came on a floppy disk, but it was fun as hell. Would be cool to see someone make a similar kind of game in the future. I also really enjoyed Gangsters: Organized Crime. The first one was a lot more fun to me than the second. Omerta looks like it might be similar to the Gangsters title I'm talking about but I think that it will be more of a Tropico type of game. I also wish someone would do a decent Pirates game. The last one I tried was Sid Meier's Pirates! from 2004ish. I'd like to see something a lot less kid friendly though.

Anyways, rattle off some ideas!

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Only remake I can think of is FF7.

As for sequels:

Shadow of the Colossus
Megaman Legends (SERIOUSLY WTF WHY HASN'T THIS HAPPENED???)
Streets of Rage
All of the old school adventure games(Crash Bandicoot, Banjo-Kazooie, Spyro, etc)
Battletoads
Double Dragon
Chrono Cross

Personally I wouldn't care but a new Killer Instinct would sell like crazy.

In these days of remakes and sequels where are the good ones??

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Heretic

Any old 2D RTS that has problems with widescreen just converted into modern resolutions without fucking with the game mechanics.

Call of Duty, just sayin'

For reals though, hmmm

Maybe a Myst remake, haven't played a really good puzzle game in a while.

Portals was an ok puzzle game, but the puzzles weren't really much of an obstacle in the game. It was designed to make people feel smart instead of make people think imo.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Hexen/Heretic yes.

Primal Rage.

Blood II.

X-Wing Vs Tie Fighter.

Star Wars Battlefront III.

EverQuest + Kunark + Velious digitally remastered / collector's edition 30th birthday / 3D Blue ray etc etc etc.

DAoC II.

A good SC2 (yeahright) & Diablo III (mabers) expac.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Legacy of Kain; start with remakes, then move into actual sequels.

I'd also kinda like to see Assassin's Creed 1 remade to integrate all the gameplay additions and changes that have since been added to the series.

Golt_sl

shitlord
Final Fantasy Tactics, it doesnt need a remake really, the art is part of the charm IMO - but if they could somehow create a faithful sequel that can copy/paste the job system and art into a new story arc I would be ecstatic. Also, I know wasteland 2 kickstarter is probably going to fulfill this but, I would love a fallout game that goes back to its 3D isometric roots. Same with a game like Arcanum, such an underrated game that not enough people know about.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
That Star Wars FPS, Jedi Knight something, forgot the name but it had cool combat and especially good pvp modes with the force powers and shit.

Xwing vs Tie Fighter or something similar, to be honest just any space simulation don't care if the IP is complete shit, just "realistic" space combat simulation.

Bomberman on steam. Not a fancy one, just the good ole bomberman(well the one I played, which is SNES Super Bomberman, guess the original is the PC Engine &co ones but never played that). Then on steam for the large playerbase and multiplayer support.

Don't quite care about Final Fantasy remakes, at the end of the day I'd rather they try making a good one than just reskin an old one I've already played, I could just play it again graphics aren't such a big deal. I guess if they redid everything including cutscenes with their new shiny shit, it'd be worth my money though.

Sean_sl

shitlord
MUTANT LEAGUE FOOTBALL.

How the fuck has there not been a modern version of THE BEST SPORTS GAME OF ALL TIME? Seriously.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
That Star Wars FPS, Jedi Knight something, forgot the name but it had cool combat and especially good pvp modes with the force powers and shit.
Dark Forces II - agree.

Bioforge - old DOS based game, way ahead of it's time

Tons of C64 games... I still have the 5.25" disks boxed up.

Oh, and Rogue Squadron.

Xwing vs Tie Fighter or something similar, to be honest just any space simulation don't care if the IP is complete shit, just "realistic" space combat simulation.

Bomberman on steam. Not a fancy one, just the good ole bomberman(well the one I played, which is SNES Super Bomberman, guess the original is the PC Engine &co ones but never played that). Then on steam for the large playerbase and multiplayer support.

Don't quite care about Final Fantasy remakes, at the end of the day I'd rather they try making a good one than just reskin an old one I've already played, I could just play it again graphics aren't such a big deal. I guess if they redid everything including cutscenes with their new shiny shit, it'd be worth my money though.
Check out Star Citizen Online for a space sim game.

It sounds like it will be single / multiplayer with options for people to host MMO style servers. Kinda hard to describe lol.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
FFVI and Dragon Quest VII (yes, the crazyass long one on the PS1) redone with modern tech (Advent Children style CGI?), maybe with a bit of polish to the World of Ruin side of the writing and major adjustment to the class system, respectively.

Black Sun Wizard

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'd like to see more "classical" rpg's remade. The isometric ones like Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale. I know they did a BGEE, but let's take this shit to the next level.