Remakes you wouldn't mind

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Thought about this when I saw the Pet Semetary remake thread, that I actually didn't mind that one. Searched for a thread on "remake" and dozens of threads came up, where the vast majority of them were in the "But why?" category.

So figured I'd start a thread asking what movies people actually wouldn't mind seeing a remake of (then perhaps use those tips to go back and watch movies I've forgotten about). Also add TV shows that could be adapted to movies.

For me, most land in the era of the 80s\90s

- Arachnophobia.
---- I hate spiders, but enjoyed the movie.

- Airwolf
---- Loved that show when I was a kid, and could see it as a movie with todays special effects.

- Goonies
---- Might happen with Goonies 2?

- Top Gun
---- Is happening

- The Thing
---- Was a fun "The Abyss" kind of movie

- Beverly Hills Cop
---- Loved those movies. Wouldn't mind a new round of them.

- Bill and Ted
---- Might happen?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida
They remade The Thing and it sucked. I dont think Beverly Hills cop would work modern day and without Eddie Murphy.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Is this where we give intellectually bankrupt Hollywood some really bad ideas?

Oh and Ice Pirates

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The Rocketeer. It wasn't a bad film even though it underperformed, but I think the aesthetic and era could be an interesting place to go back to with a better script and lead actor.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think it would be cool if they could bring Blade into the greater Marvel universe.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Animated Lord of the Rings. I remember both the Rankin and Bass and the Baskshi versions from the late 70's early 80's fondly, but I don't know they would hold up under modern viewing.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
Citizen Kane
Casblanca
Gone with the Wind
Schindler's List
Vertigo
The Graduate
all Woody Allen movies
all french and italian black and white classics

just to fuck with movie snobs and critics so they feel my pain

• 8Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 9 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I don't even know how you could do a contemporary remake of the Goonies. Is there anything in it that kids would relate to now? Setting it in the same era would just be nostalgia-bait

Animated Lord of the Rings. I remember both the Rankin and Bass and the Baskshi versions from the late 70's early 80's fondly, but I don't know they would hold up under modern viewing.

The chances of it not being anime (ugh) in visual style would be unlikely

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I think it would work well as a show. Usually the remakes are vastly worse than their good source material.

• 1Like

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Remake The Stand! rabble rabble rabble

Yes please.

Didn't know they had already done The Thing :(

Agree with Beverly Hills Cop I guess. Hollywood now would autocast Kevin Heart to do it, and the movie would turn into a comedy action instead of action comedy. (Will Smith would be a better cast)

A franchise that could be remade today that I think could work would be the Cannonball Run movies. I loved those.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
It's relatively soon for a remake, but Equlibrium with a bigger budget and today's special effects could be even greater than the original. Give it to Dennis Villanueva maybe.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users