Renfield (2023)

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
4.40 star(s) Rating: 4.40/5 5 Votes
Title: Renfield (2023)

Tagline: Sucks to be him.

Genre: Comedy, Horror, Action

Director: Chris McKay

Cast: Nicholas Hoult, Nicolas Cage, Awkwafina, Ben Schwartz, Adrian Martinez, Jenna Kanell, Shohreh Aghdashloo, Bess Rous, James Moses Black

Release: 2023-04-06

Plot: Having grown sick and tired of his centuries as Dracula's lackey, Renfield finds a new lease on life — and maybe even redemption — when he falls for feisty, perennially angry traffic cop Rebecca Quincy.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Starring Nick Cage being over the top as Dracula. This is going to be awesome.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
what in the actual fuck. Sounds like a super funny premise. The trailer starts off promising. Then, that Awkwa Fina thing shows up. As the love interest.

Shes not even believable as the love interest for a dude who eats bugs. What the fuck is actually wrong with hollywood?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
this is the new reboot of the Universal monster universe, and they are being a bit smarter and going after the comedy-horror route that shows like What we Do in the Shadows, Chucky, etc have done but for movie world.

If this movie works they will continue with the idea of universal monsters as side characters featuring assistants, love interests, etc as main characters who have to "deal" with their crazy older bosses. Very zoomer focused, which is smart for theatrical.

Frankenstein but probably about Igor, Werewolf of London but about ??, The Mummy but about his brides?, Phantom of the Opera but the love interest is the main char, Creature Black Lagoon but probably focus on his gay fish lover, yadda yadda

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Wtf kind of name is Awkwafina?
1673298602401.jpeg

Bigot

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Nicholas Cage wouldn't have been my first choice for this role, but he wouldn't have been my last pick either.

If the raspy Asian chick is the worst thing in this show then it might be worth watching. Keeping an eye out.

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Nicholas Cage wouldn't have been my first choice for this role, but he wouldn't have been my last pick either.

If the raspy Asian chick is the worst thing in this show then it might be worth watching. Keeping an eye out.
Get the fuck out of here. Nic is most definitely my first choice for this. Shit, he is my only choice.

• 1Solidarity

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Nicolas Cage would be my first choice for most roles, this included.

I really don't understand the Awkwafina thing. She's very unattractive and her voice is grating, but seems to be in half the movies released nowadays

• 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
Nicolas Cage would be my first choice for most roles, this included.

I really don't understand the Awkwafina thing. She's very unattractive and her voice is grating, but seems to be in half the movies released nowadays
Fills in them checkboxes

• 1Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database