Resident Evil Remastered

Solariss

Golden Squire
So they're doing a remastered version of the original again...easily my favorite one. They are supposed to be keeping every element the same. Kinda excited for it, but not sure what to think having played through the original and Gamecube version already. Does it need another?

Resident Evil 1 Getting Remastered For PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360 and PC - IGN

Due out in 2015, the title will be available via digital download only and is based on the 2002 GameCube remake. 1080p visuals will be standard for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, while older consoles will get 720p. All versions will have 5.1 surround sound support.

You can either choose to play the game in its old 4:3 ratio, or bump it up to 16:9 widescreen. Other changes include various control options, though the original scheme will be present, and a scrolling camera that appears to move away from the original's fixed angles in preference of a more dynamic approach.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Non-shitty camera, and tank controls are only there as an option for masochists? Take my money.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Non-shitty camera, and tank controls are only there as an option for masochists? Take my money.
Wait, you mean that turn to the direction, then run forward, then stop and turn, then run forward controls aren't a staple of the fucking series? The first game totally turned me off for that entire fucking reason. Maybe I should actually play some in the series.

Vorph

Sadly they were still using those controls in Code Veronica (and REmake which this new version is based on). RE0 too, I think, though I never actually played that one. I played the old ones anyway in spite of the most retarded control scheme ever, but it was definitely a big part in why I've always preferred Silent Hill to Resident Evil.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
I dont remember Remake's controls being completely ass-tastic. At least I remember it being better then re1/2/3. I want to say they added things like quick turn?

Vorph

Yeah, there's quick turn in REmake, but the movement itself is tank-style. Better than nothing I guess, but it was still godawful.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I've always considered the slower controls what made Resident Evil more of a true survival type game instead of some action ninja fighting game. Being slow was what made walking into a room of zombies feel dangerous.

• 1Like

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I never got to play the RE remake on Gamecube because I hated the controls. HOWEVER, I hope that the remake will be the GC version.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
I've always considered the slower controls what made Resident Evil more of a true survival type game instead of some action ninja fighting game. Being slow was what made walking into a room of zombies feel dangerous.
I agreed, the more deliberate movements, and general frailty in the first few games did make it much scarier. I especially liked how in REmake you had to actually do something about the corpses or else bad news bears.

But, the controls were still bad
tongue.png
I feel like Capcom has never really gotten controls right in any game they'd made. Even Deda Rising felt "weird".

• 1Like

Szlia

The funny part is how small the visual upgrade seems to be from the GC version. Not that surprising with pre-rendered backgrounds, but still.

Vorph

Slow is fine, no one's saying that Jill/Chris should have moved like Dante or some shit. You can still have survival horror without making it harder to fight with the controls than with the enemies. Silent Hill, Haunting Ground/Demento, Rule of Rose, etc. all used a non-retarded control scheme without ruining the horror aspects just fine.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
Yea, but then again I thought the GC one looked better than some ps3/360 games. Helps that it was mostly dark enviroments from what I remember.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Resumed my playthrough of RE Zero Remastered after a couple years. Left off at the end of the train chapter, so like maybe a 5th of the way? Been figuring out what I had to do next, but luckily it isn't too hard to figure out.

Got a question though. Was watching a Youtube video to figure out what I had and hadn't collected from the train, and saw this outfit. What is this outfit and how do I get it? I checked through the PS store DLC outfits and don't see it there.

1640216231592.png

• 1WTF

Vorph

Got a question though. Was watching a Youtube video to figure out what I had and hadn't collected from the train, and saw this outfit. What is this outfit and how do I get it? I checked through the PS store DLC outfits and don't see it there.
It's the reward for beating Wesker mode, which only unlocks after beating the game itself.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Rude Rude why WTF? It's a sweet outfit dammit!

Just beat the Train chapter. Gotta say the door animations in this game really get in the way and slow it down. Other than that I'm glad to be in the next area. Seems to be more open now. The game is moody AF too.

• 1WTF

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Beat RE: Zero. Even remastered on PS4 you can really tell it's a Gamecube game. Can't say it's a must-play or anything and the inventory makes it actually pretty damn tedious but at least it's fairly short. I finished it in about 8 hours.

Started RE1 Remastered and expected it to be a big step up from RE0 considering how they're regarded in the present, but it's got a lot of the same issues.