Resident Evil: Village (RE8)

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Trailer:

Dev Message:

Tenative release in 2021, so probably a long ways off.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
demos are out everywhere good till 5/9, if you dont wanna download shit you can play it on stadia. needs a free stadia account

this kind of thing is perfect for stadia, just up and start a game on pretty much anything and see if its for you or not

• 2Like

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
My only two gripes with the demo game:

1) Mouse sensitivity is crap, even at maximum settings

2) no FOV setting and camera wobble always being active during cutscenes gives me mild dizziness. hopefully finished game will correct the issues or hopefully there will be a mod on PC version

And I know who I'm cosplaying at FanX

photo4970004634898901324.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ty for Stadia info. I never messed with it, but yea using it for purposes like RE demo is perfect.

Only problem is im getting a little lag when entering new areas. I think it might be network based, but Im not sure. I have a top notch PC so I shouldnt be lagging because of specs.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Bought off Steam, haven't played a ML RE game in like 5 years so kind of stoked for this!

• 2Like

kroenen

Regimen Morum
Tried the demo and liked it, but I have to clear a bit of my backlog first, haven't even touched RE7 yet. Anyways, when the demo loaded and you are in the village overlocked by the castle I got a flashback to this 80s game.

122587-castle-of-terror-commodore-64-front-cover.jpg
C64_castle_of_terror_title.png

C64_castle_of_terror_start.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Is this a direct sequel to RE7 with the swamp hicks, or have there been games in between?

7 was pretty sick, may actually try this one based solely on that.

• 1Like

kroenen

Regimen Morum
Is this a direct sequel to RE7 with the swamp hicks, or have there been games in between?

7 was pretty sick, may actually try this one based solely on that.
It's a direct sequel, with the swamp hicks traded for vamp chicks.

• 1Like

Vorph

It's a direct sequel in that they decided to keep Ethan around for some unknown reason. Aside from it still being first-person, everything else about the game is vastly different.

No ACG review up yet, hopefully he'll put it up sometime today. SkillUp's made the decision on whether to pre-order harder instead of pushing me one way or the other.

• 1Like

Vorph

They have this in VR? That shit was intense in RE7
Still no confirmation or even really any solid hints from Capcom that it will happen. Given that the game is MUCH more action oriented (like RE4 rather than RE7) it doesn't seem very likely to me.

If it does happen, it'll probably be a launch title to go along with PSVR 2.0.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
They have this in VR? That shit was intense in RE7

Yeah I couldn't finish it in PSVR. I made it to the sewer area with the black things and noped the hell out. Had to start over about 3 months ago and played it normally without VR Ha. :(

Awesome story though - was the first time I actually completed an RE game.

Vorph

Cliff notes: If you want to play with RT enabled (and you definitely should) get it on XSX because just like in Control the more powerful hardware is used to maintain fps at or near the fps cap (60 this time, unlike Control). XSX also has the ability to use VRR to clean up the drops to do happen. No idea why SkillUp was saying in his review that he was playing it with RT on and locked to 45 fps, as neither console targets that. Also like Control, the PS5 has a bunch of stupid DualSense gimmickry that you don't have to go looking for how to shut it off in the options if you're on XSX instead.

There's also PC, but since Capcom partnered with AMD you can forget about raytracing if you have a Nvidia card and normally rely on DLSS to allow you to use RT at an acceptable framerate. Only the latest gen AMD cards will work too, so people like me with last gen are out of luck as well. Not that I'd ever buy it on PC anyway, seeing as Capcom also works with the Denuvo cocksuckers.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Watched the entire playthrough from start to finish since I know I will never buy it. Haven't paid any attention to the series since maybe like 3?

Story seems off the rails but game looked cool.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i played re2 and re3 remake, does re7 (and i guess this new one) play like the updated remakes?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Watched the entire playthrough from start to finish since I know I will never buy it. Haven't paid any attention to the series since maybe like 3?

Story seems off the rails but game looked cool.
dude...

at least play re4, the best one by far

Jozu

RE7 is first person. I just finished it, its a great game, worth playing.

Im ready for Village now.

I beat RE1, RE2, RE4, RE5 and RE7. I never could finish 3 or 6. Coincidentally those are two of the worse offerings. 5 was pretty bad but wasnt as bad as 6.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
RE7 is first person. I just finished it, its a great game, worth playing.

Im ready for Village now.

I beat RE1, RE2, RE4, RE5 and RE7. I never could finish 3 or 6. Coincidentally those are two of the worse offerings. 5 was pretty bad but wasnt as bad as 6.
did you do the remakes?