Retro Game of the Month Nomination Thread

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
This is the thread we'll come back to every month to decide what next month's game nominations will be.

We're going to try to stick to games we have had reasonable access to growing up, so mainly stuff from the NES, SNES, and Genesis eras (although there's no reason we can't make exceptions from time to time).

Previous Retro Games of the Month:
November 2017: Soul Blazer (SNES)
December 2017: Phantasy Star IV (Genesis)
January 2018: Metroid (NES) & Super Metroid (SNES)
February 2018: Secret of Mana (SNES)
March 2018: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (Playstation)
April 2018: Demon's Crest (SNES)

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Now accepting nominations for December's Retro Game of the Month.

1 nomination per person, first 10 will become part of the poll.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Shining Force 2, genesis.

Btw, where is a non-aids filled site with roms for this crap? Or is it just hit up the random pirate sites and hope for the best?

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Demon's Crest - SNES

Another idea. Some games are too short to devote a whole month to or you might only spend one play session on. It might be cool to package some of those by genre or something.

Example: 16bit sports - super baseball simulator 1000, megaman soccer, mutant league hockey.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
I just started playing through Breath of Fire for the first time since I was 13. Still one of the GOAT's. Highly Recommended.

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider
Shining Force 2, genesis.

Btw, where is a non-aids filled site with roms for this crap? Or is it just hit up the random pirate sites and hope for the best?

Damn good nomination

I've used romnation recently, seems to be the least bullshit from what I've tried lately.

Therage

Vyemm Raider
How about super metroid or metroid?

*edit* I've only played metroid 2 on Gameboy, I always tried metroid on nes when I was much younger and always gave up. And never played super metroid.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
The poll for December's game is already up! We're not taking any more nominations until the last week of December.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Now accepting nominations for January's Retro Game of the Month.

We might consider balancing December's lengthy JRPG with a shorter, more action-focused title, but I won't be enforcing any kind of conditions for nominations.

1 nomination per person, first 10 will become part of the poll.