Return to Monkey Island

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm allready stuck. I suck. I feel it reminds me of Ren and Stimpy a bit in the art.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ashamed to say I missed the boat on this one. But I did play this gem back in the day. Is it similar?

1663613438912.png

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ashamed to say I missed the boat on this one. But I did play this gem back in the day. Is it similar?

View attachment 434076
They are similar if I recall correctly. I think Monkey Island is more silly humor than Full Throttle though.

I have had to use the hint system twice in Act 1 and once in Act 2. The first act was me missing to click something but the act 2 hint I would never have cracked, it was easy enough but I just did not think of it.

I remember the days of calling a hint line or checking PC Gamer for a walkthrough. :p

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
you could pretty much point to any early 90s PC point+click graphic adventure game and they'll all feel somewhat similar.

Monkey Island series
Kings Quest series
Police Quest series
Willie Beamish
Leisure Suit Larry series
Gabriel Knight series
Indiana Jones series
Full Throttle
Phantasmagoria
The Dig
Day of the Tentacle
Spycraft

just to name a few faves, but I'm sure I've left off some great ones

Sierra, LucasArts, Dynamix, Access... RIP
(I guess my list spans more than just early 90s)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

The lucasarts adventure games all have a similar feel. but many that aren't lucasarts are VERY differant.

In this case, yes, full throttle is fairly similar to Monkey island. Grim fandango and Sam and max in particular.

Lucasarts adventure games are notable for not having deaths. you can pick everything, and never die. But also along with that, never get stuck. Many other adventure games of the time, you could fuck yourself over. didn't pick up some random stone in act 1? and its now act 3 and you need it to kill the vampire? lol. soft locked.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
you could pretty much point to any early 90s PC point+click graphic adventure game and they'll all feel somewhat similar.

Monkey Island series
Kings Quest series
Police Quest series
Willie Beamish
Leisure Suit Larry series
Gabriel Knight series
Indiana Jones series
Full Throttle
Phantasmagoria
The Dig
Day of the Tentacle
Spycraft

just to name a few faves, but I'm sure I've left off some great ones

Sierra, LucasArts, Dynamix, Access... RIP
(I guess my list spans more than just early 90s)
You forgot Space Quest which might have been my favorite after Kings Quest.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user