Revelation Online

Discussion in 'MMORPG General Discussion' started by overbyte, Jun 25, 2016.

1. overbyte Member

overbyte
    Ratings:
    +5
    I didn't see this posted thus far; if we already have a thread on it please forgive me. Anyways, its an Eastern mmo which is getting an English port. I know its easy to get sucked into hype and marketing, but there seems to be some nice things going on here. Personally, the depth of customization really has my interest; I just hope it doesn't turn out that 90% of the options are trash in lieu of the garden path.

Official Site:About the Game | Revelation Online - Official Website

Good Overview:Revelation Online - News, Guides, Reviews, Forums, Trailers, Screenshots, Items - 2P.com

2. Lunis Active Member

Lunis
    Ratings:
    +170
    looks like a shitty gook MMO from 2003

3. Ukerric Bearded Ape DONOR

Ukerric
    Ratings:
    +629
    Which is usually the main or even the only thing you really need to know about a MMO. You don't even need screenshots after that.

4. Parallel45 Member

Parallel45
    Ratings:
    +0
    True. Except with the death of EQNext, the western MMO market is dead as fuck with zero AAA MMOs coming out or even in development. So shitty eastern MMO ports is all we get anymore.

If it is like Tera or BnS there is at least a slight chance it might be decent.

5. Brikker Well-Known Member

Brikker
    Ratings:
    +890
    Aion 2.0 is what this looked like

Just play BDO for Asian mmo

• Like Like x 1
  6. Grundge_sl shitlord

Grundge_sl
    Ratings:
    +0
    The aerial battles sounds cool. Like most korean mmos it looks pretty, but gameplay could be garbage for all we know. Reminds me of Tera. I remember it being hyped to be the next evolution of mmos, but it turned out to be junk. After one hour playing it I uninstalled it.

Don't really have high hopes for this one, but will keep an eye on it. If Legion bombs I might give it a try.

7. Bilbo Faggins_sl shitlord

Bilbo Faggins_sl
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like typical eastern mmo crap.

8. Volt Member

Volt
    Ratings:
    +0
    In case anyone was wanting to try it, here is a link that explains how to register a free account for the Chinese version:
    Revelation Online (CN) Open Beta Account Registration and Download Guide - 2P.com - Revelation Online - featured_articles,guide,newmmos

Also here is a partial english patch that will give you half an idea of whats going on while playing:
    Formica Revelation English patch ( alpha ver2 ) - Formica portal

And finally here's the video that piqued my interest enough to want to hunt all of this down to play it:
    https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=jSaDqW7WEpI

9. Malinatar Active Member

Malinatar
    Ratings:
    +76
    Yeah, looks like more of the same that we've seen before, but it still boggles my mind why western developers still can't make the combat as fun and as fluid as any eastern MMO.

10. Bandwagon Drones and stuff DONOR

Bandwagon
    Ratings:
    +1,724
    If I was elected president, I would ban every single Asian video game from the American market.

I'm drunk and that's a lot of hatred built up that I just decided to dump in this thread, but at least it's somewhat relevant.

11. Teekey Well-Known Member

Teekey
    Ratings:
    +47
    MAKE MMOS GREAT AGAIN

12. uniqueuser Active Member

uniqueuser
    Ratings:
    +94
    he's got my vote

13. Slacker242 Member

Slacker242
    Ratings:
    +2
    Gook lives matter!

14. Bandwagon Drones and stuff DONOR

Bandwagon
    Ratings:
    +1,724
    Damn, you guys are reading way too much into that.

I just don't like spending 20 hours of play time trying to figure out if my character is male or female.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Big Flex Fitness Fascist DONOR

Big Flex
    Ratings:
    +3,086
    Ban ALL asian MMOs NOW

• Like Like x 1
  16. Pasteton Active Member

Pasteton
    Ratings:
    +151
    This thread is now about all upcoming eastern mmos.

So the same company which made revelation online is already working on a new mmo which is in beta i believe in china, or will be soon - Twilight spirits. Not sure if this is a true mmo or something more like vindictus. This combat loooks pretty badass:

Some actual revelation online gameplay (Still think this may have potential, atleast they added a lot of pve)

Another upcoming mmo, lost ark online, newest trailer. Isometric mmo. Imagine this as the same trailer for lineage eternal, since theyre basically the same game:

Now if you want 'asian' mmo and not 'asian fantasy' mmo, well shit doesnt get much more chinese than this:

As expected, think all are free to play

17. Bondurant Well-Known Member

Bondurant
    Ratings:
    +139
  18. Bondurant Well-Known Member

Bondurant
    Ratings:
    +139
  19. Grim1 Well-Known Member

Grim1
    Ratings:
    +1,144
    Yeah, that's the vibe I got. I played a ton of Aion over the years, kept going back. BDO wasn't as good imo. Aion's RvR was much better.

These games are a lot of fun at launch when there is a ton of people around and nobody knows all the exploits yet.

I'm a sucker for these types of games. Will probably buy it, play it for a couple months after it releases and move on. Cheap entertainment. If the PvP / RvR has legs and I stick around longer then that's just a bonus.