Richard K Morgan

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I thought I already created a thread for him but I guess not.

Thin Air is out today

Thin Air

Set in the Black Man/13 universe.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
How are his non-Kovaks books? I loved Altered Carbon, but was only so-so with the other two.

Notice: I'm going to take your opinion with a grain of salt due to your username. ;)

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I'm a bit of a fan boy, I would say black man or 13 in the USA is great, Market forces is a bit rough, it is an early book and was originally a screenplay I think but still interesting.

I liked the fantasy series but it isn't for everyone, very grimdark, and this place prepared me more than anything for the gratuitous gay sex which turns a lot of folks off, but if you don't mind that then book one is really good, book to is pretty good and book three is pretty good but there the plot seems disjointed and rushed in quite a few places especially at the end. I felt like soomtimes you went from point a to point c and skipped b. If you where ehh on the 2nd and 3rd kovacks books then this would be a toss up if it is for you.

Tldr, read black man if nothing else.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Just read Thin Air and I had just finished an Altered Carbon complete reread a week before that.

This guy writes sex scenes straight out of a Heavy Metal cartoon.

I didn’t feel like it really tied into Thirteen at all other than it had Mars and a variant.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users