Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Riddick

Tagline: Survival Is His Revenge

Genre: Science Fiction, Action, Thriller

Director: David Twohy

Cast: Vin Diesel, Karl Urban, Katee Sackhoff, Jordi Mollà, Bokeem Woodbine, Nolan Gerard Funk, Noah Danby, Keri Hilson, Neil Napier, Dave Bautista, Matthew Nable, Andreas Apergis, Raoul Max Trujillo, Conrad Pla, Danny Blanco Hall, Antoinette Kalaj

Release: 2013-09-02

Runtime: 119

Plot: Betrayed by his own kind and left for dead on a desolate planet, Riddick fights for survival against alien predators and becomes more powerful and dangerous than ever before. Soon bounty hunters from throughout the galaxy descend on Riddick only to find themselves pawns in his greater scheme for revenge. With his enemies right where he wants them, Riddick unleashes a vicious attack of vengeance before returning to his home planet of Furya to save it from destruction.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
[CONTAINER][POSTER]View attachment 127558[/POSTER][MOVIE]Title: Riddick (2013)

Genre: [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE], [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]David Twohy[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Vin Diesel[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Karl Urban[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Katee Sackhoff[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jordi Mollà[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bokeem Woodbine[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Nolan Gerard Funk[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Noah Danby[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Keri Hilson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Neil Napier[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dave Bautista[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Matthew Nable[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Andreas Apergis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Raoul Max Trujillo[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Conrad Pla[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Danny Blanco Hall[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Antoinette Kalaj[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2013-09-02[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]119[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Betrayed by his own kind and left for dead on a desolate planet, Riddick fights for survival against alien predators and becomes more powerful and dangerous than ever before. Soon bounty hunters from throughout the galaxy descend on Riddick only to find themselves pawns in his greater scheme for revenge. With his enemies right where he wants them, Riddick unleashes a vicious attack of vengeance before returning to his home planet of Furya to save it from destruction.[/MOVIE][/CONTAINER]

I just read that there's a new Riddick movie coming out on September 6, 2013. I know that the first two weren't classic cinema, but they still kicked a lot of ass. Apparently this movie is also going to be a rare R-rated IMAX release.

Teaser trailer releasing some time later this month.

View attachment 54809

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
duoN6oNGp1emHkkhlTcY76Wz2ED.jpg

Title: Riddick

Genre: Science Fiction, Action, Thriller

Director: David Twohy

Cast: Vin Diesel, Karl Urban, Katee Sackhoff, Jordi Mollà, Bokeem Woodbine, Nolan Gerard Funk, Noah Danby, Keri Hilson, Neil Napier, Dave Bautista, Matthew Nable, Andreas Apergis, Raoul Max Trujillo, Conrad Pla, Danny Blanco Hall, Antoinette Kalaj

Release: 2013-09-02

Runtime: 119

Plot: Betrayed by his own kind and left for dead on a desolate planet, Riddick fights for survival against alien predators and becomes more powerful and dangerous than ever before. Soon bounty hunters from throughout the galaxy descend on Riddick only to find themselves pawns in his greater scheme for revenge. With his enemies right where he wants them, Riddick unleashes a vicious attack of vengeance before returning to his home planet of Furya to save it from destruction.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looking forward to this movie. I enjoyed the last Riddick movie and hope the new one is on par if not better.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Pitch Black was excellent. The second one was pretty stupid. That picture doesn't give me much hope it will more like the first.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Pitch Black was excellent. The second one was pretty stupid. That picture doesn't give me much hope it will more like the first.
It's cult sci-fi that got lucky.

Both movies are awesome. They're just not mainstream.

Salshun_sl

shitlord
That picture is bad ass. I wanted him to remain the necromancer leader and see what he did with his army instead of just forgetting that he was said leader and coming up with a new story altogether.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Vin Diesel is a major reason this is being made. I think he is working for scale. I think he might be supporting the film financially too.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Anything with Karl Urban in it is on my must-watch list. I'd watch a remake of the Notebook if he was in it.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I liked both the previous movies. They were fun and different, and there certainly was plenty of potential to take this series somewhere entertaining. Glad to see sci fi is making quite the resurgence this summer, and that alone should be a positive for anyone on these forums.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is he really bankrolling this? He can make all the Fast and the Furious he wants to push this one out right. I even enjoyed the video games based on this universe.

From where Chronicles left off I half expected him to go into the under-verse himself and get Kara. I think I'm remembering the lore right?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
There is also an edgar wright/simonpegg/nick frost scifi comedy coming out this year. Its gonna be a helluva year

Golt_sl

shitlord
The fact that you mentioned it's going to be rated R gives me a lot of hope. Second movie was alright, but I definitely liked the first one more.. hoping this third one can be better than the 2nd, which is good enough for me.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I hope its good. I'm not a huge fan, but the previous two movies were enjoyable. I'd rather see stuff like this than half the rehashed shit they shovel out every year.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I read that he was financing years ago but it seems they ran out of money in late 2011 and had to shut down. Luckily they got new funding from Universal or something and they movie was able to continue. He might even have gotten a real salary after that but last time I looked he was making scale.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Pitch Black was awesome because Rhada Mitchell was the lead female. Chronicles of Riddick was good but could have been great if the lead female was anyone but Thandie Netwon. She is one of the worst female actors. That being said, I will be in there on opening weekend for the 3rd one.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I read that he was financing years ago but it seems they ran out of money in late 2011 and had to shut down. Luckily they got new funding from Universal or something and they movie was able to continue. He might even have gotten a real salary after that but last time I looked he was making scale.
I remember reading that too and thinking he was going to go the way of Kevin Costner. Never put your own money into your own films. The plot sounds really good. I have high hopes as long as they stick with the suspense like the prison scenes/sun fiery thingy stuff, and less with the courtly/stately manner with shitty actors (not Judi Dench, obviously) doing even shittier accents.

I'm a sucker for this stuff either way. And the video games, and anime don't get nearly enough credit. Great series.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database