Riders of Icarus

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I couldn't find a thread on this, so I started one.

Anyone else playing the open beta now besides me? It's available through Steam, that's how I heard about it. Right now, the beta caps you at level 25, and crafting is capped at level 2, so crafting is almost useless except to get a feel for doing it, but so far I've found the game pretty fun.

The highlight by far has to be the familiar system, which is like mounts and pets smushed together. You tame your first familiar at around level 10, and then you can tame pretty much any animal from then on to use as a mount or pet (pets need a scroll to turn them into pets, and then can't be used as mounts again). You get flying mounts pretty early as well, but they have an altitude cap, and all mounts are limited by energy.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I got to the first dungeon. I completed it but wanted to do it again for weapon drop. But apparently I had a hourish lockout iirc to repeat it(this was for group version). And to lower the lockout you need to use the cash shop currency. And this was the low level dungeon(level 15). I think i just logged out after that and haven't logged back in.

I will say the idea of taming lots of mounts and being able to use them as pets was cool. Not to mention fighting from your mounts. Also they do give you ways to earn cash shop currency in-game(but you use a lot of those for QoL things that are pretty much needed). But soon as I saw the "can only run dungeon 10 times a day" along with lockouts, I just lost interest. Especially as dungeons are where you get all your good gear from. I thought maybe premium would remove all those things, but nope, so I didn't bother after that.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Yeah. I'm on the Hakain server. Or whatever it's called. Lvl 25 (cap) Vlaria is name. Guardian is my class.

Hit me up if you want to run some dungeons.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Tried it, reminded me of every other asian mmo, uninstalled. Even the UI is exactly the same as Aion and all those other games.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Tried it, reminded me of every other asian mmo, uninstalled. Even the UI is exactly the same as Aion and all those other games.
I guess I'm kind of a blank slate, as I've never played Aion, or I think any other asian mmo.

Maric

N00b
I kind of like it. I like hunting/camping for rare mounts. Visually very pretty game. Flying is well done. There's just little to no originality. But for a night of mindless MMO playing, it's a good game. You can grind quests on autopilot and not have to pay much attention.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I think I downloaded this. It's a shittier version of neverwinter.
The game is literally as vanilla as it gets. It does nothing bad. Does nothing great. Combat is literally as middle of the road as it gets also. I am having some fun and it's free, so I will play it.

They will make their money like all these Asian MMO's do, with the gear upgrades percentages failurs/de-level.